Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Last Run of the 2013 Season: Dec 13-15

18K views 57 replies 9 participants last post by  shaggydoink 
#1 ·
JoeD and I are planning a Dec 13-15 trip to URE to close the season.

#3 ·
shaggydoink said:
I am 95% sure Zoe and I will join you, have you booked a site (or sites) yet?

Jonathan
Not yet. Just found out from Joe when we were going. I really don't think that we will have trouble finding a spot. Depending on the size of the group, it may be best to just get one of the large sites. My popup doesn't take up much space. Joe will probably have his Ford with the camper.

#4 ·
Hack said:
Not yet. Just found out from Joe when we were going. I really don't think that we will have trouble finding a spot. Depending on the size of the group, it may be best to just get one of the large sites. My popup doesn't take up much space. Joe will probably have his Ford with the camper.
The "Shack" only needs 8x8 so pretty small footprint as well, just keep me posted on who else might be going and if I should grab a site for the collective us! :)

Jonathan

#6 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Im there guys but only for saturday since thats my birthday Weekend ;)
We'll have to do something special. Maybe have some cake on the trail?

#10 ·
No drinking is permitted in the National Forest. Maybe Bourbon infused cake?

#13 ·
"So how was the trip guys?"

"Awesome!"

"What did y'all have to eat while you were there?"

"Typical breakfast menu included tequila-infused eggs, bourbon cured bacon and beer biscuits, hot dogs with whiskey chili and red wine onion jam for lunch, Drambuie marinated pork ribs with vodka tossed tomatoes for dinner and rum cake with amaretto cream cheese frosting for dessert." ;)

Jonathan

#14 ·
shaggydoink said:
"So how was the trip guys?"

"Awesome!"

"What did y'all have to eat while you were there?"

"Typical breakfast menu included tequila-infused eggs, bourbon cured bacon and beer biscuits, hot dogs with whiskey chili and red wine onion jam for lunch, Drambuie marinated pork ribs with vodka tossed tomatoes for dinner and rum cake with amaretto cream cheese frosting for dessert." ;)

Jonathan
I always love it when people say that they got drunk off of food they cooked with alcohol in it... reminds of the time on a canoe trip when I was about 13 with boy scouts. The guide was talking about some cookies that his mother in law made that had bourbon or something in the recipe. He said she doubled the bourbon and everyone was acting all goofy drunk. I told him that alcohol boils off at 173.5 degrees and that there would not be anything left to get you drunk after 15 minutes at 350...

#17 ·
Yuk! There is a big winter storm out west. It is supposed to hit MD on Sunday. So maybe everything will pass by next weekend. We can only hope.

#18 ·
This is really odd. I've obviously been watching the weather closely over the past several days - it started out looking poor, then a couple days ago magically changed to fairly good, then yesterday back to poor, then today back to fairly good... WTF?!

Jonathan

#19 ·
Probably a case of user error, Johnathan. Maybe you should get your daughter to get the info next time. Kids are better at this technology stuff.

#21 ·
Ok Guys. So I am meeting a few buddies at the out[post at 9. So We will be to arrowhead around 930. Can we shoot to be on the trail at 10?

#22 ·
I am planning on arriving on Fri. So any time works for me. Don't know about Joe or Johnathon.

#25 ·
Well, I was trying to make it, but my Trooper is still down. The exhaust is fighting and doesn't want to come off. It is stuck in my office parking lot, which with the weather we have been having doesn't help... :roll:

See you guys in April.

#26 ·
Booked site 40 for Fri and Sat nights. Plan to arrive around 4-5 PM on Fri. Joe is coming in Fri night and plans to stay in my popup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.