Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Last Run of the 2013 Season: Dec 13-15

18K views 57 replies 9 participants last post by  shaggydoink 
#1 ·
JoeD and I are planning a Dec 13-15 trip to URE to close the season.

#52 ·
squatch said:
you can easily run 30+ miles of rocky dirt roads in 4 low in a day.A couple of the trails are just big rock scree. After a 4 day weekend I usually come home with my shoulders aching from the bouncing and bracing for hours on end. It takes these old bones a while to get over it.
That must be why our consumption of spirits is so high at GWNF. :happy2:

#54 ·
squatch said:
Great pics Shaggy. URE just wouldn't be right without a shot of Dylan sideways stuck in the mud. It's one of my fondest Isuzu memories. That and the sound of his frame on Kodak rock, and the sound of his frame on Kodak rock, and the sound of his frame on Kodak rock, and the sound of his frame on Kodak rock! :D Just pickin' on you Dylan. I blame the crappy spotter myself. if you weren't given it hell you wouldn't have stories. And that's what it's all about!!!

Come on April!
Yeah That was a fun time for sure!!! I was good this weekend though. Try it once or twice give about 70 percent and if i couldn't make it back out or get pulled!! Now once my heavy duty tierods are on....... :twisted: Oh and You have to see mine now Mark I have an actuall lift on it now lol. Found out when You last saw it I was sitting on my up travel bumpstops compressing them at ride height. So I was an inch to an inch and a half lowered running 33s :x So now that I have like 2 inches over stock and like 3 over that I feel like a monster truck lol.

#55 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Oh and You have to see mine now Mark I have an actuall lift on it now lol. Found out when You last saw it I was sitting on my up travel bumpstops compressing them at ride height. So I was an inch to an inch and a half lowered running 33s :x So now that I have like 2 inches over stock and like 3 over that I feel like a monster truck lol.
It was nice to see your dad's look of love when he looked at that your old Trooper!

#56 ·
Who was rocking the old flattie? Very sweet. MB or M38?

URE has a way of turning what was supposed to be a casual cruize, non technical quick trail ride into an epic adventure. Just add water, or dark! :twisted: :twisted:

Dylan your truck looks great can't wait to see you and it again. My comments just show how long it's been since I've been tp URE. Missed both trips this year.

Come on April.

#58 ·
squatch said:
When it rains it's a whole 'nother beatin'. Just trying to stand up in that yellow slime without sliding down the mountain can be a real challenge. When it's real muddy The casualties from falls adds up.
I can attest to that, I had about a dozen "wet floor sign" moments this past trip! ;)

Shaggy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.