Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Hallowharrie, 17-20 2013 pics and stories

9K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Ekholm1997 
#1 ·
Got camp setup mostly. Sitting at site 26 by my lonesome. Reservations were auto cancelled thanks to shutdown. My reservation startes tue and was auto refunded. Someone beat me to 27 this morning. If I had family in tow i would be pissed. Since its just me, no biggie. Will post a pic in am. BTW, I have 3G at site 26! I am stoked!

#2 ·
Rumors are floating around that Kodak Rock and other formerly closed trails are open. Any word?

#3 ·
Dunno, wil post if I find out. Would be nice if its open. Haven't ran tjat trail since spring of 2011. Stupid deployment cost me a year!
I have 4G now!

#7 ·
Shooting range is not open either. Infact right now its just flat ground. They have torn all the old shooting range down and have started to bulldoze for the new range but haven't gotten much farther then that.

#8 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Shooting range is not open either. Infact right now its just flat ground. They have torn all the old shooting range down and have started to bulldoze for the new range but haven't gotten much farther then that.
thanks .... it was scheduled to re-open mid october but I figured it was going to get slowed up thanks to the shut down .... at least some progress has been made

#9 ·
Kodak closed. Probably never open again. Shooting range is gonna be amazing. Huge backstop, lots f heavy equip in there. Hit dicky bell and falls fam today, tore sway bat bracket off front sway bar...lol. good thing I have brand new indy brackets sitting in my garage. Supposed to rain tomorrow, should be lots of fun! Van, will get number tomorrow. Having internet in campground rocks!

#10 ·
Typing with my phone is tough...lol. Two new upgrades to Arrowhead, internet and phone in the campground! Alternated 4g and 3g but it worked! Another new update, no more push buttons in the shower! They now have valves, yippee!
The trip overall was uneventful, broke my own rule and played in the soup bowl. Mud was over my door jam, over the hitch, right up to the weird hump in the VX door. I went nice and slow, looked like someone painted butterscotch down the side of the truck.
I did break the sway bar mount, no worries there, but I also toasted my auto tensioner pully, got mud in it. Everything else is fine, I brought back 40lbs of clay with me, my driveway is orange:)

#11 ·
marlin said:
Typing with my phone is tough...lol. Two new upgrades to Arrowhead, internet and phone in the campground! Alternated 4g and 3g but it worked! Another new update, no more push buttons in the shower! They now have valves, yippee!
The trip overall was uneventful, broke my own rule and played in the soup bowl. Mud was over my door jam, over the hitch, right up to the weird hump in the VX door. I went nice and slow, looked like someone painted butterscotch down the side of the truck.
I did break the sway bar mount, no worries there, but I also toasted my auto tensioner pully, got mud in it. Everything else is fine, I brought back 40lbs of clay with me, my driveway is orange:)
That sounds an awful lot like my truck after that bowl!!! Chris' Xterra was awesome!!! Luckily for me, I have a gravel drive so, the "orange" will just go away on it's own.... Nothing broken or damaged but, we did mostly pretty mild trails. Good times. Boys had a great time as usual and were both disappointed that the trip wasn't longer!!! :mrgreen:

#13 ·
There is, but I think I won't be able to make the spring meet. We may take spring break and go wheeling in Daniel Boone National Forest in the spring. Miles and miles of unexplored trails:)

#17 ·
My pics will be up as soon as I get a chance. I should have at least a few good ones... :mrgreen:

#18 ·
I was rolling solo most of the time, so I didn't get any pics, but I know your boys got a ton!
Dennis got some video of us playing in the soup bowl and some pics from poser rock. If I could figure out how to import from FB...

#19 ·
Ekholm1997 said:
My pics will be up as soon as I get a chance. I should have at least a few good ones... :mrgreen:
Lets get some pics up for the Uwharrie deprived individuals like myself. Glad everyone had a good time

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I finally got around to loading the pics I have from this trip. Not a lot of shots but, we sure had a good time. Chris, your VX looks incredible with the Line-X!!! And, OTHER Chris, nice XTerra! Next time, we're hittin' Daniel! Wayne, good to see you again brother.
Anyway, here ya go.....
Uwharrie Oct 2013 005.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 004.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 003.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 002.jpg

Attachments

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie Oct 2013 010.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 009.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 008.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 007.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 006.jpg

Attachments

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Last ones I have, enjoy....
Uwharrie Oct 2013 013.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 012.jpg
Uwharrie Oct 2013 011.jpg

Attachments

#24 ·
What kills me about these pics is, my sons were doing most of the photography. My wife has over 1500 pics saved on our camera so the memory was limited. The kids were getting a LOT of good shots, then deleting them to make room for more pics.... :shock: Guess next time I'm going to have to clear some space for pics BEFORE the trip!!!
Thanks Jonathan, wish you were there brother!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.