Isuzu SUV Forum banner

If Uwharrie is closed?

17K views 60 replies 11 participants last post by  marlin 
#1 ·
What to do if Uwharrie is closed?! My camping setup is self contained, and I would have no problem bringing in water for a few days, but I am sure they will close the gates. Does that mean I get a refund on my year pass? All this prepping for the trip woud be a waste?

#2 ·
Right now the trails are open,folk on nc4x4(snappy etc) have confirmed with rangers that trails are left open,just no campgrounds.
Not sure ho its open,since they have no money to spend on them,like insurance and the law about approving monies w/o congress prior approvale...is a big no,no....
I doubt the $ for pass will be refunded....the camping is supposed to be...minus the interest gained on it :mrgreen:

#3 ·
Also want to add this:

Since folks will want/bring gennies,I propose we have:

1)quiet time 23:00 to 07:00 no gennies running
2)we "share the electric load" to help min. The noise

What say YE?

#4 ·
I am running solar, no gennie needed at night:)

#5 ·
Where are you gonna park the bus if the campground is closed?

#6 ·
not sure yet....maybe a trail head(one of the big ones) don't know yet :mrgreen:

#7 ·
We are discussing not even going. It would be a huge hassle with the kids and all. It also costs about 400 bucks in gas between the two trucks. Not really worth it for 2 days of super primitive camping if the weather isn't just right. I guess I could use the time off to finish the bumper for both trucks, maybe mount the winch on the VX...lol.

#9 ·
I realize that, I also saw that someone's AR15 must have gotten loose out at capitol hill. Shame it didn't get inside.

#10 ·
???? MUST GOOLE-fu

This will be interesting, a black car with a mom and daughter, shot at approaching white house?

Mom dead...this will be interesting to play out

and the gun fire came from 5-0 :roll:

#13 ·
I was wondering when someone was gonna post this ride, then realized its right below events and gatherings, im retarded.

Me and the mrs made plans to follow jerry and the crew up to meet everybody but with this govment shut down both of our funds are on hold.

I really hate we cant make it.

#14 ·
We are doing it two weekends back to back, pending the shutdown ending of course. No campground makes it hard to justify the fuel expenditure for bringing the wife and kids.

#15 ·
Yeah i agree. All of this is gonna get ugly fast. If yall still do go up there hopefully they wont run yall out.

#18 ·
Well, for me at least, it wouldn't be my first "rustic" camping trip. I'm sure my boys wouldn't mind either. Do we have a head count for people that will still go without a bath house? I'm sure we could bring some extra water and just do "hooker baths" at the end of the day. What say ye? :mrgreen:

#20 ·
I bought a box of baby wipes today and got the porta potty out. Go jump in the lake but it will be a quick bath in October. You gonna woos out or man up? The debt deadline is the 17th so the camp grounds might be open at the last minute but the trails are OPEN now.

:bigsmurf:

#21 ·
I still am planning on going,(one way or the other the gov. will be back to work on the 18th) I am putting a hitch on the bus so I can bring kayaks down...

#22 ·
Bansil said:
I still am planning on going,(one way or the other the gov. will be back to work on the 18th) I am putting a hitch on the bus so I can bring kayaks down...
Ok so, the next question is, will our reservations still be in place or are we going to need to re-reserve our spots? :shock:

#23 ·
If government not open, I think me and my friends will come up Friday morning, without the wife and kids, drag the trailer into the woods somewhere and set up camp that way. If govment gets back to work, we will follow our previous plan I hope.

#24 ·
There is supposed to be some open space near Art Lilley campground and maybe we could get in Art's since I think it is not a fee area. I also think it might open up at the last minute so will take my plug in stuff also. The top bunk in La Tortuga should be warm and comfy.

#25 ·
Chitzu said:
There is supposed to be some open space near Art Lilley campground and maybe we could get in Art's since I think it is not a fee area. I also think it might open up at the last minute so will take my plug in stuff also. The top bunk in La Tortuga should be warm and comfy.

La Tortuga doesn't have any bunks, just two beds and my wife get's the other one :mrgreen: (sorry you know this saying, happy wife = happy house bus)

We will just have to see how this plays out

#26 ·
Bansil said:
Chitzu said:

La Tortuga doesn't have any bunks, just two beds and my wife get's the other one :mrgreen: (sorry you know this saying, happy wife = happy house bus)

We will just have to see how this plays out
See, another reason to source an old Onan 1800rpm RV generator... less primitive camping (ac) when you are forced to really rough it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.