Isuzu SUV Forum banner

If Uwharrie is closed?

17K views 60 replies 11 participants last post by  marlin 
#1 ·
What to do if Uwharrie is closed?! My camping setup is self contained, and I would have no problem bringing in water for a few days, but I am sure they will close the gates. Does that mean I get a refund on my year pass? All this prepping for the trip woud be a waste?

#52 ·
I look forward to seeing them! Gonna have a good time with a small group. Just means we have to have more fun to make up the difference. I am bringing stuff for smores:)
The USDA Forest Service site is up, lists Arrowhead as OPEN! Reservation site is still down, but I am heading down there anyway, I am running through the gate if need be! Site 27 all by my lonesome(well, I will bring my copilot, Frogs the Dutch John flying dog!). Gonna be sweet!

#54 ·
Yippee! That is my reservation. How did you check that? The reservation site is still down?

#55 ·
#56 ·
INteresting,I use the actual .gov site to make my reservations.

#57 ·
yup, notice it uses The Recreation.gov website for reservations that's the one I have always used (I think :lol: )

#58 ·
Ahhh, either way, the .gov site is up and running again and shows my reservation as still active. At least I am not roughing it tonight!!

#59 ·
marlin said:
Ahhh, either way, the .gov site is up and running again and shows my reservation as still active. At least I am not roughing it tonight!!
sweeeeet have fun

#61 ·
I got screwed on my reservations. They were automatically cancelled and then it was first come first serve. I got there early enough to get site 26, but if I had the wife and kids in tow, I would have been really pissed off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.