Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie Day Trip (Saturday, September 7, 2013)

8K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Chitzu 
#1 ·
Unless the weather is horrible, Zoe and I will be taking our Troopers down to Uwharrie late Friday afternoon (9/6) and spending the day running trails Saturday (9/7). Our friend John will be joining us in his Wrangler, and someone from my work expressed an interest in taking his new Dodge truck out for a spin - if anyone else is interested give a holler and we can figure out how to connect! :thumbup:

Jonathan

#5 ·
FTen said:
think I might bring the trooper over and play. haven't had a chance to wheel this year yet ... may as well exercise the beast since no one wants it
Holy cow, I don't think I've seen your Trooper before - that thing is RAD!! :thumbup: The past few trips have had a wide mix in terms of truck capability, but we've always managed to come up with a plan for the day that works out well for everyone by splitting up for short periods or riding shotgun... Zoe and I just love being out there, so we're not all that picky!

I didn't realize that Zoe didn't have school on Friday, so I'm taking the day off from work and suspect we'll be getting there between 12-2pm (I booked site 12 at Arrowhead Campground), and there until probably 4-5pm on Saturday. If you think you'll make it down/over let me know and we'll figure out how/when we can connect. Forecast shows dry all week and low 80's on Friday/Saturday, looking good!

Jonathan

#6 ·
the easiest thing to do is meet up at the parking lot for rocky mount or at the eldorado.

And don't worry about the trails we run. I'm game for anything, just getting the beast out for a walk and a picnic. the only thing that is a challenge for the trooper (rock garden at kodak) is closed now. Now if it was going to rain that would change things ... that place is a blast wet ... slip slidin away LOL ... it'll be fun to tool around with some fellow zuzu's :D

#8 ·
I'm going to try to be at the rocky mnt loop parking lot around 9 .. give or take a few minutes. Bringing the wife and kids and packing a picnic lunch. My son might come with his TJ not sure on that just yet ... still waiting for a firm answer from him.

#11 ·
Well had fun bumping around the trails and had a very nice picnic lunch with the wife and kids. Never did see anyone else ... even had my CB in the trooper for once. and i think i can official say the trooper is done and bullet proof now .... like the 3rd trip now that I didn't break anything lol. Here is a vid the kids took ...

#12 ·
I feel like an idiot, I have no idea why I didn't tell you what channels we'd be on with the 2-way radios and CB! Duhh. :tard: We waited until somewhere around 9:45 and tried to hop online to check the forum but didn't have any 3G service so hit the trails figuring the odds would be pretty high we'd cross paths....... yeah, I guess that didn't work out so well. :roll: At any rate, sorry we missed each other, but glad to hear you had a nice day with your family - it was so nice out, I was absolutely shocked how few people were out there! Love the video, I'll post up a few pics and videos I took later today as well.

Jonathan

#13 ·
I'll post more up later, but here are a few of my personal favorite pics from the trip...

I'll admit I'm probably a little biased, but had someone told me 4 months ago that my little girl would be crawling over 2-foot ledges I never would have believed them... you've got mad skills Zoe!

You've also got mad CHEESE Zoe! LOL!!

I like this one of Joe simply because about 2 seconds early he was facing straight at me:

Two-wheel drive... show off... just for that I'm posting his onion ring fail. Way to calculate Joe. ;)

As for me? Here's a pic onboard my wonky Trooper at the top of the trench on Dutch John... this time I made it all the way up on my OWN power!

Great weather, beautiful environment, wonderful company... I'll take a repeat of this trip any ol' time. :thumbup:

Jonathan

#14 ·
shaggydoink said:
I feel like an idiot, I have no idea why I didn't tell you what channels we'd be on with the 2-way radios and CB! Duhh. :tard: We waited until somewhere around 9:45 and tried to hop online to check the forum but didn't have any 3G service so hit the trails figuring the odds would be pretty high we'd cross paths....... yeah, I guess that didn't work out so well. :roll: At any rate, sorry we missed each other, but glad to hear you had a nice day with your family - it was so nice out, I was absolutely shocked how few people were out there! Love the video, I'll post up a few pics and videos I took later today as well.

Jonathan
missed me by 10 minutes. I saw a trooper drive up the road when I got there and was unloading and waved but he didnt stop ... not sure if he was part of your group or someone separate entirely.

And I agree it was a very nice day. Temperature was perfect and the lack of people meant easy cruising down the trails with little waiting. I didn't even bother to air down since they closed the only part i need to air down for ... all in all a fun day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.