Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie water damage?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  shaggydoink 
#1 ·
Was just wondering about trail damage in Uwharrie. I don't trust TV news but it looked like severe flooding. Who does shaggydoink know to get July 20 without drowning????

#2 ·
I'm far from being the expert on Uwharrie considering I've only been there a handful of times, but I did notice some changes even between the June and July trips I took - some sections I'm assuming got really bad (swamped, rutted or both) as a bed of rocks had been laid down, there were one or two inclines on the "easy trails" (Slab Pile I believe was one) that were noticeably more rutted out than I remember them being in the past. The July 20 trip we actually lucked out, the rain held out until later in the day so things were not very slick... although after the short rain burst it got pretty darn gooey.

Interested to hear if other people have input, I wasn't planning on going again until September as I'm heading out to Marion for the ECORS race later this month and might run some of the roads/trails in the national forests over there, although I'm planning on swapping to a limited slip on my 1990 this weekend and thinking that waiting 4-6 weeks to test it out may just be way too long! ;)

Shaggy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.