Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie Day Trip (Saturday, July 20, 2013)

10K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Ruination 
#1 ·
I realized that the single, planning thread was probably a little hard to find and follow, so starting a new dedicated thread for this trip.

UPDATED 7/17 (attendees and logistics)

Some people will be meeting at the Eldorado Outpost at 9am, it sounds like there could be a pretty wide mix of trucks, so we can figure out how we want to hit the trails so everyone has fun and is within their comfort zone. :) If for some reason you want to go but can't make the 9am time just drop me an email or PM and I'll help figure out how we can hook up with each other.

For lunch - I personally had planned on packing some stuff to nom on, although if everyone prefers we can loop back to the Outpost or something.

People that are currently confirmed include:

Me - Trooper
littleredtrooper - Trooper
Joel (guy from my work) - Wrangler
Ryan - Rodeo
Adam (friend of Ryan) - Wrangler
TeddyZeus - Rodeo

People who have expressed an interest and/or are still tentative include:

Wayne - Trooper
Ruination - Pup
Joe D - VX (probably)
Dakota - Trooper
Graham - Land Rover
Mario - Amigo
Dan (friend of Joel) - Wrangler

I'll update the attendees as people check in. Looking forward to it!! :thumbup:

See less See more
#3 ·
I have 3 friends that are possibly going to make it down with me, 2 wranglers and a full size f150.

#5 ·
We are going to head down Saturday morning and camp that night. We probably won't quite make it down for the 9am Outpost meet up, but we can hook up with you guys once we get down there. Anyone else using a CB? Adam has one and we can try to hook up that way, or via cellphone where we get service. I'll have a couple FRS radios on me as well that I can lend out. We plan to leave Fuquay around 8am, probably get down to URE around 10am or so.

#6 ·
Storz said:
We are going to head down Saturday morning and camp that night. We probably won't quite make it down for the 9am Outpost meet up, but we can hook up with you guys once we get down there. Anyone else using a CB? Adam has one and we can try to hook up that way, or via cellphone where we get service. I'll have a couple FRS radios on me as well that I can lend out. We plan to leave Fuquay around 8am, probably get down to URE around 10am or so.
I've got a CB, although still not sure if it's working properly yet. :roll: I'll also have some 2-way radios and you've got my mobile - so we'll get connected somehow!!

Jonathan

#8 ·
well it looks like I'm going to have to sit this one out. all of the people I that were going to make the trip with me backed out and my rodeos trans is questionable

#9 ·
TeddyZeus said:
well it looks like I'm going to have to sit this one out. all of the people I that were going to make the trip with me backed out and my rodeos trans is questionable
Bummer man, really sorry to hear that!! :( No worries though, unless the weather gets retarded hot I suspect I'll line up a trip in early to mid August, just keep your eye on the "planning thread".

#11 ·
yolo_rodeo said:
WOW sounds fun! have fun tomorrow post pictures when you can!
Thanks!! I go all ham on the photos when I'm out there, I'll be sure to post up a link once I've got things uploaded. Keep an eye on the planning thread, would love to have you come along if you can swing it! :)

I checked with Joe this afternoon, he and Dakota can't make it, Teddy can't make it either and I haven't heard back from any of the other tenatives, so sounds like it'll just be a small group of 5 - we'll all be meeting at the Outpost @ 9am. If anyone thinks they might go last minute pop me a PM or email so I can get you my mobile number, we'll have some 2-way radios on channel 5 and my CB will be on channel 14... although I may or may not hear you on this. :roll:

#13 ·
Wow, another absolutely brilliant day today!! Thanks to everyone for making it such an amazing experience, here's a link to the pics I took along the way:

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/shaggydoink/library/Planetisuzoo/Uwharrie - July 20 2013

Jonathan

p.s: and I promise I'll drop my fuel tank and give it a proper cleaning before taking it out on the trails again. :roll:

p.p.s: and Chris, if you read this, feel free to lay a big, honkin' "dude, I told you so!" on me! :shock:

#14 ·
Looks like a good time! Nice to see that it was a family affair too, I cant wait to take our son out for trips like that. :D

#21 ·
I should have come out, my rodeo is doing fine I found a great spot to wheel up here and had a blast my I could have made it.

#24 ·
upndown said:
I don't know about that Chester the Molester photo Jonathan..haha. Beautiful young lady with a sweet looking truck..Way to go dad!! :mrgreen:
LOL!!!!! Thanks man, I'll admit I'm a little biased, but she's a great kid and can't be happier that I can share this interest with her. :thumbup:

Jonathan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.