Isuzu SUV Forum banner

June 22 Uwharrie pics/video

9K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  91Troop 
#1 ·
Took the Trooper out this weekend to Uwharrie with a couple of friends with their atvs. We went through the Dickey Bell Trail and had to turn around, there were several folks telling us it was not a good idea to take it any further than we were. We were trying to get to the mud hole and would up doubling back and going down a different trail to get to the mud holes. We really did not get any good photos mainly before and after because in the Dickey Bell trail we were on some sketchy terrain.

See less See more
#8 ·
91Troop said:
It is an 89RS, and I agree the Raleigh folks should get together. Are there any trails in the Raleigh area?
Not really... much to my dismay. :p There is a spot that I've heard about right off I40 @ Miami Boulevard - I have to assume it's private property, although I've driven by the entrance and there are no signs and usually fresh tire tracks so maybe whoever owns it doesn't really care? There's another spot down I70 (near Deer Trail Road if memory serves) that one of locals mentioned going to a couple times, although sounds a little sketchy. The only other place I'm aware of is at the end of Avent Ferry Road near Shearon Harris Resevoir... there's one particular spot that people apparently go, I've been meaning to check it out but haven't wanted to go alone... maybe a spot to convene at some point?

I'm also planning on heading back down to Uwharrie July 20 if you're interested.

Jonathan

#11 ·
There is no reason that RS couldn't do Dickey Bell. The ATVs might have some problems, but nothing you couldn't just pick them up and carry them over :D
FWIW, there is a second gen RS sitting at a local yard here, cosmetically looks good, I believe it has a bad engine. Identical to my wife's. We may go scavenge parts soon, seems a pity to break it down, but those side windows are not replaceable, would be good for Justin Case.

Hope you all make it out for one of the Hallowharrie weekends!

#12 ·
We did the majority of Dickey Bell trail, the part were we turned around was right before the rock climb. The guys on the atv's said the rocks were bigger than my Trooper and some Toyota flipped over, the people had to get air lifted out. I am not sure if they were pulling our leg but next time I am hoping to have a little lift and some rocker protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.