Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Alternate Hallowharrie -- Oct 24-27, 2013

25K views 90 replies 15 participants last post by  shaggydoink 
#1 ·
I know that many with families voted for the earlier dates, but this these dates work better for some of us. Following Marlin's suggestion, I started this thread.

I booked site 37. Jerry, Leland and Van have also booked sites

#7 ·
slainer said:
Are some of you doing both weekends?
Some of us are definitely thinking about it.

#8 ·
Well, for me the first weekend works better. I have Kylie for the weekend in question, and the Ex has put a stop to our long weekend roadtrips so I can't bring her down there anymore. Also it is "too extreme, and not safe for a child"... Whatever. Stupid judge.

So I will be planning on the first weekend. Sorry guys.

#9 ·
2002trooper4me said:
Well, for me the first weekend works better. I have Kylie for the weekend in question, and the Ex has put a stop to our long weekend roadtrips so I can't bring her down there anymore. Also it is "too extreme, and not safe for a child"... Whatever. Stupid judge.

She is probably better off the first weekend because there will be more kids there. Hopefully we'll see you at GWNF before then.

#10 ·
Hack said:
2002trooper4me said:

She is probably better off the first weekend because there will be more kids there. Hopefully we'll see you at GWNF before then.
You will Mario, I will be at the Labor Day GWNF expo trip for sure. I even took time off work so I could be packed and on time for a change! :lol:

#11 ·
2002trooper4me said:
I even took time off work so I could be packed and on time for a change! :lol:
Now THAT is funny.

#16 ·
Ruination said:
Van said:
slainer said:
That's awesome Van! Lots of time to chill out.
Yup, let my beard grow for 10 days, eat when I want, get up when I want, go to sleep when I want... hey, that sounds pretty much what I do now anyway. :lol:
Except for all that work you have to do being all retired and stuff eh??!
Smart azz. :thefinger: If I had as much time to spend on this computer as you do, I wouldn't get anything done. At least I've got a truck that runs. :lol: oooooOOOOOOOooooo. :lol:

#17 ·
Van said:
Ruination said:
Van said:
slainer said:
Yup, let my beard grow for 10 days, eat when I want, get up when I want, go to sleep when I want... hey, that sounds pretty much what I do now anyway. :lol:
Smart azz. :thefinger: If I had as much time to spend on this computer as you do, I wouldn't get anything done. At least I've got a truck that runs. :lol: oooooOOOOOOOooooo. :lol:
:lol: Don't worry - I will show you mine does too. I found my updated registration stickers and will go pull it out of "the Pasture" this friday since I'm off work for my birthday :p

#18 ·
Ruination said:
Van said:
Ruination said:
Van said:
slainer said:
:lol: Don't worry - I will show you mine does too. I found my updated registration stickers and will go pull it out of "the Pasture" this friday since I'm off work for my birthday :p
HEY! HAPPY 4th day from your BIRTHDAY! :D

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

#19 ·
Where are these campsites and what do they run?

#20 ·
#21 ·
Sweet, so I could book 11 days for about $165 and go to both Hallowharrie. But would it make sense to book one with electricity if I'm using a tent? Only thing I can think of electricity for would be to charge my phone. Gotta have the phone to connect me to the planet lol. Next thing...do they have like a shower area? Or do I use the next available creek?

#22 ·
4BYDIG said:
Sweet, so I could book 11 days for about $165 and go to both Hallowharrie. But would it make sense to book one with electricity if I'm using a tent? Only thing I can think of electricity for would be to charge my phone. Gotta have the phone to connect me to the planet lol. Next thing...do they have like a shower area? Or do I use the next available creek?
There is a weekly rate.

Arrowhead is a nice campground. There are showers and flush toilets in the bath house. Each site has a firepit and grill. There are water spigots every so many sites. The campground is a short drive from the trails and the lake. The link I posted above has a lot of info. You can also look at posts in the Uwharrie forum.

#23 ·
That's cool, I see some has a dog sign, is there anywhere round there to hunt at? Like hardwoods? Maybe see some *****?

#24 ·
Don't think there is any hunting. And they closed the shooting range a few years back.

There is fishing in Baldwin Lake. People often bring boats.

#25 ·
Yea, I'd love to make it, would just have to make sure my truck was ready for a long trip like that, mostly the age of my tires, they have awesome tread, but they are kinda dry cracked, as far as cooling system it'll be all new by them and hopefully some other stuff. I could bring a tent and food etc. hmmm, may have to look into this deeper and take about 5 days off work

#26 ·
Due to kittens, my wife and I had to change plans. We'll be at URE Oct 25-27, instead of the week before. It was either that or cancel entirely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.