Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Hallowharrie 2013 17-20 OCT

28K views 145 replies 21 participants last post by  Bansil 
#1 ·
After two polls, and some discussions, this year will be 17-20OCT. In order to facilitate planning for families, we will try and lock it to the weekend before halloween weekend each year. Should be doable, allows families to still participate in local halloween events and still late enough in they year that it should be a bit cooler at night.

Maybe I can sweet talk Eli into either setting up the campground graphic or sending it to me so I can mod as needed:) See complete stolen product below :roll:

Thursday, October 17th ~ Sunday, October 2oth.
(with the Main Days being Friday and Saturday)

As always, this IS NOT exclusively an Isuzu event…
We welcome ALL 4-wheel-drive fanatics, no matter what brand of vehicle you happen to drive...
(as long as you can behave yourself, and know how to play well with others! :p )

News, Information, and Updates:

ATTENDANCE:

Attendees:
Marlin -- Vehicross and Trooper RS
JLEMOND -- Isuzu Trooper
Van -- Isuzu P'up
Dennis -- Montero
Reran -- Montero or Pup?
Shaggy -- Trooper
Hatfield -- Trooper
Ssiggy -- Vehicross
Kurt -- Vehicross

CAMPING:
Link to the campground website:
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/A...ractCode=NRSO&parkId=73839&topTabIndex=Search

Reserved Campsites:

27 ~ Marlin+Fam/Dennis+Fam
30 ~ Van
32 ~ Jerry
34 -- Reran
43 -- Shaggy
33 -- Hatfield
29 -- Kurt

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:
This map may not be the most up to date, Kodak will probably still be closed in OCT:(

THINGS TO BRING:
You must have a trail pass, an annual pass is $30 or you can $5 per day, trail passes can be obtained at the Outpost.
It can get cold at night, some years, water bottles are frozen in the morning, some years, its 90 degrees, we will see when the time comes.
Bring spare parts, I personally carry:
Alternator, CV joints, driveshaft, hubs, brake lines, 1 bottle of every fluid, fire extinguisher (needed it last year on Dutch John, it saved a truck from burning to the ground), fuel pump, belts, nuts and bolts, tape, JB weld, and of course enough tools/grinder/welder and so on to fix just about anything.

GROUP DINNERS:

DETAILS COMING SOON-Need a volunteer to head this up, I did it for the spring meet, would rather not do it again. Time to pass the torch to someone else. I will say that the fajitas worked well, folks could pick their own toppings and so on. Maybe Tacos this year?

MERCHANDISE:

OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE COMING SOON??

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATES & NEW INFORMATION

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial ‘event’... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities… This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#2 ·
What is the big site where we had the group dinner? Was that 37 or 39?

#3 ·
Never mind, it was 37, and already reserved by someone else, hopefully one of us that hasn't spoke up yet, but I doubt it. Changed my reservation to 27 since Dennis is sharing a site with me.

#5 ·
If you had to pick two nights to stay overnight, which two? Thursday & Friday or Friday & Saturday? In other words, which days are the best for activities: Saturday & Sunday or Friday & Saturday?

#6 ·
Fri and sat are most trail runs. Most folks leave on Sunday.

#7 ·
Well, unfortunately work and coordinating with my brother (who I wouldn't be doing this without --Kurtizuzu) we are going to get there as early as we can on Friday and stay Friday night and Saturday night at the Uwharrie Cabin Rental cabins. Hopefully we can catch up with y'all :)

All booked!

Kurt is going to stay at the campgrounds.

#10 ·
Updated for Ssiggy, Hatfield and Shaggy.

#11 ·
We will be staying in site 29

#12 ·
Updated for Kurt

#13 ·
I won't be able to make this due to prior obligations. :cry:

However, I feel obliged that I should warn all of ya' that after talking with the "locals" over the years, the closer it gets to Halloween, the more sightings of sasquatch, bigfoot or grey wolves seem to occur on the trails... especially at night on Daniel. :roll:

I'll be camping the following weekend so I have a better chance of seeing something. :lol:

#14 ·
Only thing I ever saw were pics of smiley:)

#15 ·
Van said:
However, I feel obliged that I should warn all of ya' that after talking with the "locals" over the years, the closer it gets to Halloween, the more sightings of sasquatch, bigfoot or grey wolves seem to occur on the trails... especially at night on Daniel. :roll:
The temptation to rent an ape suit and go running through the camp one night is overwhelming! LOL!! :shock:

Jonathan

#16 ·
If you rent a purple dinosaur suit two things will happen:
1) Adults will run in fear
2) Children will come running to hug you

#17 ·
Apparently, I cannot edit a post after a few days, need super secret moderator access for that :scratch:

marlin said:
After two polls, and some discussions, this year will be 17-20OCT. In order to facilitate planning for families, we will try and lock it to the weekend before halloween weekend each year. Should be doable, allows families to still participate in local halloween events and still late enough in they year that it should be a bit cooler at night.

Maybe I can sweet talk Eli into either setting up the campground graphic or sending it to me so I can mod as needed:) See complete stolen product below :roll:

Thursday, October 17th ~ Sunday, October 2oth.
(with the Main Days being Friday and Saturday)

As always, this IS NOT exclusively an Isuzu event…
We welcome ALL 4-wheel-drive fanatics, no matter what brand of vehicle you happen to drive...
(as long as you can behave yourself, and know how to play well with others! :p )

News, Information, and Updates:

ATTENDANCE:

Attendees:
Marlin -- Vehicross and Trooper RS
JLEMOND -- Isuzu Trooper ????
Dennis -- Montero
Reran -- Montero or Pup?
Shaggy -- Trooper
Hatfield -- Trooper
Ssiggy -- Vehicross
Kurt -- Vehicross

CAMPING:
Link to the campground website:
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/A...ractCode=NRSO&parkId=73839&topTabIndex=Search

Reserved Campsites:

27 ~ Marlin+Fam/Dennis+Fam
32 ~ Jerry
34 -- Reran
43 -- Shaggy
33 -- Hatfield
29 -- Kurt

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:
This map may not be the most up to date, Kodak will probably still be closed in OCT:(

THINGS TO BRING:
You must have a trail pass, an annual pass is $30 or you can $5 per day, trail passes can be obtained at the Outpost.
It can get cold at night, some years, water bottles are frozen in the morning, some years, its 90 degrees, we will see when the time comes.
Bring spare parts, I personally carry:
Alternator, CV joints, driveshaft, hubs, brake lines, 1 bottle of every fluid, fire extinguisher (needed it last year on Dutch John, it saved a truck from burning to the ground), fuel pump, belts, nuts and bolts, tape, JB weld, and of course enough tools/grinder/welder and so on to fix just about anything.

GROUP DINNERS:

DETAILS COMING SOON-Need a volunteer to head this up, I did it for the spring meet, would rather not do it again. Time to pass the torch to someone else. I will say that the fajitas worked well, folks could pick their own toppings and so on. Maybe Tacos this year?

MERCHANDISE:

OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE COMING SOON??

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATES & NEW INFORMATION

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial ‘event’... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities… This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

#18 ·
Just added Tom from the VX site to the list, he reserved site 15, 17th-20th. I have a few more VX friends I am trying to coerce into coming:)

#19 ·
I am going to try and make this one. But.... With my history of last minute issues, don't hold your breath just yet. :roll:

Three trips in a row my Trooper has decided to act up the week before the trip, zapping all available funds along with my trust of it's reliability. Hopefully this trip things go better.

#20 ·
reran said:
Count me in... I'll be on site #34.
Looks like I'll be going the 24th - 27th weekend. I totally forgot this is my b-day wknd and had other plans lined up. Guess that's what happens when ya get older. Lol! Hopefully I'll see the rest of y'all at the spring URE. Have fun!

#21 ·
Looks like Van and Mario will be doing double weekends. If anyone wants to come up early the first weekend, we will have 3 trucks there starting on tuesday afternoon, some fishing on wed, and hopefully some shooting, but I have been trying to do that for like 3 years, always closed for some stupid reason or another.

#22 ·
I would not plan on the shooting range ever being open at least for a while Marlin. They closed it a few years ago because someone on another trail got hit. The range is too close to other trails so they have to redirect teh range if it is ever gonna get opened again. But that takes money and we all know how URE is hurting for money. Not trying to be a downer just trying to let you know not to expect it being open.

#23 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
I would not plan on the shooting range ever being open at least for a while Marlin. They closed it a few years ago because someone on another trail got hit. The range is too close to other trails so they have to redirect teh range if it is ever gonna get opened again. But that takes money and we all know how URE is hurting for money. Not trying to be a downer just trying to let you know not to expect it being open.
Sounds like a pretty stupid reason to me! :lol:

#25 ·
Thinking about going for both weekends. Have site 37 from Oct 24-27, 2013. Would like not to have to move. Someone has site 37 on the first weekend. Willing to pay for another site, even a double, if I can stay at 37 for both weekends. Who ever has site 37, please pm me.

#26 ·
I will definitely be making this trip. I'll be booking my usual site this weekend. Wish I could swing BOTH weekends but It's still a ways out..... :mrgreen:
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.