Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Local Day Trip, Uwharrie May 2013 !! *PICS*

19K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  bradzuzu 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, it was a great trip to Uwharrie AGAIN!!! A bit embarrassing at times (Dutch John) but all in all, a great time.
The day started out beautiful, and before it was over, we got dirty, then muddy then dry again. Fantastic. Here's a few pics of the crew, doin' what we do....
Uwharrie trip May 2013 005.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 002.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 022.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 029.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 028.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 019.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 012.jpg

Attachments

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 054.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 038.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 046.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 030.jpg

Attachments

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 064.jpg
Sorry these are a little out of order..... :shock:

Attachments

#5 ·
And I've got more to come..... :mrgreen:

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 075.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 075.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 070.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 069.jpg

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 086.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 076.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 079.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 084.jpg

Attachments

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 090.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 102.jpg

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 168.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 144.jpg

Attachments

#10 ·
Unfortunately, I didn't get any shots of the winching but, we did eventually get the Rodeo up the hill. Dutch John 1, Ekholm1997 0.
I'll get you next time Dutch, I'll get you next time.
What a great trip! I'll have to get some shots of the Rodeo as it sits now. Pretty much a muddy mess, inside and out.
Van, thanks again for the assistance on that one. :oops:
Jonathan and Zoe, wish we would have gotten some more shots of your rigs. Really enjoyed your company!
Really looking forward to everyone else' pics, videos and stories!!! :mrgreen:

#11 ·
Thanks for the pictures its always fun to look back on a awesome day. I'm sure glad that we did this trip it really was great to wheel and spend the day with you all.
Van thanks for the spotting and the pulls up the rough stuff. You are the Man and your Isuzu is the Truck.
Johnathan I look forward to watching the transformation of the stock Troopers to trail rigs, keep up the good work.
Now when are we going back, for some early morning trail runs followed by a afternoon dip in the lake. :D

#12 ·
Thanks, Michael, for creating this thread and posting the pics of y'all. Jonathan, the collection on SkyDrive is great! I can see my folks and I missed a GREAT time and we're glad to see the the locals' trip had good participation. In looking at the fun from the perspective of my computer chair, I am reminded of the old Miller commercial where Bob Uecker is looking through the front door of a bar at the revelry inside and says, "Wow, they're havin' a good time in there!"

We look forward to joining y'all one day.

#13 ·
Those pics are amazing Michael! I think my fav is the one of you in front of the sketchy log bridge on Dutch John, I remember having a wave of "what the #%*@ did I get us into?" when Zoe and I hit those last trip! LOL!

Here's a link to the pics I uploaded to SkyDrive so they're attached to this thread as well:

http://sdrv.ms/13b2n1r

So seriously... when *are* we going again?!

Jonathan

#14 ·
Thanks for all the pics... like the saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words". :D

"Not sure why he thought his SHOE needed to be in the pick. LOL"

Tell him GREAT JOB on the shoe pic and on the rest of them... I've taken a couple of those myself (as did someone else in our group). :lol:

There's nothing to be embarrassed about not making it up Dutch John under your own power after a downpour. At least you made it up the hill... that group of Jeeps at the top of the hill didn't even want to try it going down (the easy way). :lol:

#16 ·
There's nothing to be embarrassed about not making it up Dutch John under your own power after a downpour. At least you made it up the hill... that group of Jeeps at the top of the hill didn't even want to try it going down (the easy way). :lol:[/quote]

In all honesty, what do you think the difference was you getting up that hill and not me? Open front end? Tires too small? Lack of driving prowess? :mrgreen:
I thought for sure I was getting up there, that's the first time I haven't gotten up ANYTHING I've pointed that truck at since locking the rear. :oops:
Just wondering your opinion since, I couldn't really see what was going on outside while my brain was screaming "DON'T BREAK ANYTHING" !!! LOL

#17 ·
shaggydoink said:
Those pics are amazing Michael! I think my fav is the one of you in front of the sketchy log bridge on Dutch John, I remember having a wave of "what the #%*@ did I get us into?" when Zoe and I hit those last trip! LOL!

Here's a link to the pics I uploaded to SkyDrive so they're attached to this thread as well:

http://sdrv.ms/13b2n1r

So seriously... when *are* we going again?!

Jonathan
Dude, I was diggin' that spare tire cover too! Unfortunately, it said "AllThingsJeep" at the bottom or I'd have to get me one of those!!!

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uwharrie trip May 2013 145.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 072.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 068.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 040.jpg
Uwharrie trip May 2013 003.jpg

My wife asked me "why are you painting that hook on the front? It looks stupid." So I explained that alot of the off-road guys do that... :mrgreen:
Notice Van's tow points?

Attachments

#19 ·
Ekholm1997 said:
My wife asked me "why are you painting that hook on the front? It looks stupid." So I explained that alot of the off-road guys do that... :mrgreen:
Notice Van's tow points?
I drenched the front and rear toe hook bolts/nuts with PB Blaster yesterday on both Troopers so I could remove and paint them, I'll be sure to post up pics of the finished products to help reinforce your case... if she's right and it does look stupid then at least we'll BOTH look stupid when we're out on the trail together! :thumbup:

Jonathan

#20 ·
shaggydoink said:
Ekholm1997 said:
Notice Van's tow points?
I drenched the front and rear toe hook bolts/nuts with PB Blaster yesterday on both Troopers so I could remove and paint them, I'll be sure to post up pics of the finished products to help reinforce your case... if she's right and it does look stupid then at least we'll BOTH look stupid when we're out on the trail together! :thumbup:

Jonathan
It's an "Isuzu thing" and she doesn't understand!! :p

#23 ·
Clays nasty sticky stuff for most any tire combo.. Either you spin them really fast to clean them or they cake up :)
I had the same issue on the hill I was climbing in the one video.. Thus where fluffing originated from ... After I got done making it everyone else locked up just so they could charge right up it the first try :) making me look like a goof ball lol

#24 ·
Ekholm1997 said:
In all honesty, what do you think the difference was you getting up that hill and not me? Open front end? Tires too small? Lack of driving prowess? :mrgreen:
I thought for sure I was getting up there, that's the first time I haven't gotten up ANYTHING I've pointed that truck at since locking the rear. :oops:
Just wondering your opinion since, I couldn't really see what was going on outside while my brain was screaming "DON'T BREAK ANYTHING" !!! LOL
The 1st time I went up, I believe the ground had dried out slightly and gave me just enough grip to make it up in 4lo 1st gear and locked.

The 2nd time up was more difficult I believe 'cause you had clawed through the dry stuff up to the corner where you lost traction. Then, when I tried to pull you up 4 or 5 times, it just exposed more mud.

I'm sure you noticed that I didn't get past that corner on my 2nd try until the 5th or 6th attempt.

That's about the time I put it in 2nd gear, turned up the music and thought "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead". :lol:

The way the truck was sounding, I thought something was going to break for sure, but, it never ceases to amaze me while at Uwharrie and the fact that I'm still able to drive it back home... with some added dents. :lol:

bradzuzu said:
Clays nasty sticky stuff for most any tire combo.. Either you spin them really fast to clean them or they cake up :)
I had the same issue on the hill I was climbing in the one video.. Thus where fluffing originated from ... After I got done making it everyone else locked up just so they could charge right up it the first try :) making me look like a goof ball lol
What is "fluffing". :?

#25 ·
Oh I was funnin around and said I fluffed up the mud till I hit dirt underneath .. It took several try's to rip up the ground enough to get traction .. Thus I fluffed it up for them, because the rest of the rigs drove up pretty easily :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.