Isuzu SUV Forum banner

More URE trips, for the locals!

29K views 139 replies 13 participants last post by  shaggydoink 
#1 ·
All of us locals should plan some more trips, twice a year is to far in-between for me. How all would be interested?

#2 ·
I'd be interested in some day trips. Starting in May possibly? I'm pretty sure Kozak, shaggydoink, beater88, etc. would be interested also....
Your right, twice a year (or ONCE a year in my case so far) is too far in between. :mrgreen:

#3 ·
I'm in.

May 11th sound good for the first one?

#4 ·
I love it Wayne, I was brewing the same thing... after just one day both Zoe and I are totally hooked and goofy to get back down there! LOL!!

May 11 sounds like it might work for me (I'll check tonight and confirm) and can entertain other dates as well!

Jonathan

#7 ·
Hate to hear that Joe. Our merry band of newbie's could use someone with experience. I guess the best way to learn is to jump in though.

If the date shifts we'd love to have you join us.

#9 ·
I'm in for the 11th! Already on my calendar at home and got approval from the "boss". :oops:
I'll be bringing my youngest son, who is turning 9 this month, my oldest has a Birthday party to go to that day. Can't wait to get down there! Got the body lift done, still need to mod the front bumper brackets and re-install the bumper but, everything else is done. I'm going to try and leave the house early, like 0600-0700 to get as much in as possible and still get home not too late. :mrgreen: My son is as excited as I am to do some more wheelin' which is cool for sure!
Make sure your cameras are charged!!! Would love to get some good shots of everybody, their rigs and some trail shots.

#11 ·
Sweet!! Zoe and I are thinking of driving down Friday afternoon, in part so I/we can explore a bit and get a better feel for what the different trail difficulty levels are like which will in turn help us determine if we want to be behind the wheel on runs or ride shotgun with someone. No we're not going sissy on y'all, just don't want to press our luck as our Troopers will still be more or less stock and we both need them on a daily basis back here in reality at home! LOL!! I should at least have manual hubs on both by then, and just got the flea market CB radio functioning for mine... does anyone have the gizmo you need for tuning?

Jonathan

#12 ·
I'll be there.

Meet at the outpost?

#13 ·
shaggydoink said:
Sweet!! Zoe and I are thinking of driving down Friday afternoon, in part so I/we can explore a bit and get a better feel for what the different trail difficulty levels are like which will in turn help us determine if we want to be behind the wheel on runs or ride shotgun with someone. No we're not going sissy on y'all, just don't want to press our luck as our Troopers will still be more or less stock and we both need them on a daily basis back here in reality at home! LOL!! I should at least have manual hubs on both by then, and just got the flea market CB radio functioning for mine... does anyone have the gizmo you need for tuning?

Jonathan
Jonathan you and Zoe all ready did most hardest parts of the trails right off the bat the first day :shock: if you don't include Daniel. Anyone you camping overnight? I was thinking about camping over Friday night so I could be there early. I dont have a SWR meter yet but may have one by then.

#14 ·
@ Kozak - bitchin!! The Outpost sounds good, we can work out the timing as we get closer and everyone knows their ETA.

@ slainer - yeah, our nerves might be able to make it through Dutch John again, I have concerns about our door panels though! :shock: Our plan is to camp overnight on Friday, I'm going to book a site this coming Friday when I get paid... I'll let you know what we get.

Super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 ·
Kozak said:
I'll be there.

Meet at the outpost?
I think the Outpost would be the best spot! Gotta get trail passes anyway right? But, if Wayne and Jonathan are camping, maybe we could just get the passes on the way in and, meet at the campground? That might work out better. Man, it's early and I'm doin' a lot of "thinkin' out loud".... :mrgreen:

#16 ·
If we have a few camping we'll just meet at Arrowhead.

Post up your camp site numbers.

#17 ·
The Beater family is good for May 11th. Triangle area folks, do you want to convoy down there from Raleigh?

#18 ·
beater88 said:
The Beater family is good for May 11th. Triangle area folks, do you want to convoy down there from Raleigh?
Coolio! We're going to have ourselves a nice little posse!! :thumbup: Zoe and I are planning to go down and stay the night on Friday, but if that changes and we roll back to Saturday morning then I'll give a holler so we can connect up here in Raleigh/Cary somewhere.

Jonathan

#20 ·
I used to live there, so naturally I would just show up.
Now I'm bout 40 mins away.

I'll be there the 17-19th of may if anyone is gonna straggle behind a week.
As always, jut send me a note if u wanna head out in the future.
I may go w ya if I have the time.

#22 ·
#23 ·
We'll keep an eye on it. If we have to move it back a week that will give a few others the chance to come along. It will also give me a little more time to get my O2 sensor and new CAT installed. Hoping that fixes my issues.

#26 ·
So, I checked it again this morning and looks like the chance of rain has dropped to 30% now. Kind of hard to tell this early but, looking better now. Not that I'm afraid of the rain, I wouldn't mind gettin' a little muddy but, some of those trails can get pretty slick from what I've seen. As far as I'm concerned, BRING IT!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/T ... C0703:1:US

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.