Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Hallowharrie 2013

20K views 65 replies 23 participants last post by  -88- 
#1 ·
Time to get the thread started so I have something to work toward. A long list of things to do, swapping in 4.56s in the VX, tranny swap on the RS along with the new AC compressor I got from Jerry!!! Thanks Jerry! The wife will like having cold air and no more squealing belts...

#4 ·
Looks like 25-27 OCT. Unless we want to do it the weekend before that., 18-20 OCT. We are far enough out that folks can move schedules around as needed to make dates work. I would like to set these dates, and yes Van, I know about the once upon time some decided that we would always do the last full weekend in October, but most of the people involved in that decision are gone, and we have a lot of new folks in the fold now. :blackeye:

#5 ·

#6 ·
Awesome!!!!

#8 ·
Ssignature said:
That is SICK!!!! Love it, I'm in for AT LEAST one of those, probably two!! :mrgreen:

#9 ·
I will be kicking around going. Might be worth missing a weekend hunting to see you guys again and ride around some. I would prefer the earlier dates more than the later ones, but majority will rule I guess.

#10 ·
Make sure everyone votes in the poll.

#11 ·
Yep. I voted.

#12 ·
Voted for the last weekend in Oct. My brothers birthday is the 16th so that weekend is out for sure... unless...... I can talk him into taking his montero.

:brushteeth:

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

#14 ·
Another auto, been sitting in my shed since last hallowharrie...

#15 ·
imamonstertruck said:
Voted for the last weekend in Oct. My brothers birthday is the 16th so that weekend is out for sure... unless...... I can talk him into taking his montero.
If it were *my* brother I'd go with the emotional plea...... "awww, c'mon bro.... look at how empty and sad this poor little trail is...."

"... think of how happy it would be if you paid it a visit in your Montero..." ;)

Hope you can make it one way or the other! :thumbup:

Jonathan

#16 ·
With any luck, I'll be bringing a newly-acquired Amigo. Fingers crossed.

#18 ·
shaggydoink said:
If it were *my* brother I'd go with the emotional plea...... "awww, c'mon bro.... look at how empty and sad this poor little trail is...."

"... think of how happy it would be if you paid it a visit in your Montero..." ;)
Hope you can make it one way or the other! :thumbup:
Jonathan
He just may. This thing is 100% stock and this is his first 4x4. He is not much of an off road guy but has talked about playing around in his Montero. But it would need to be as novice as you could get. We shall see. If it would be the last weekend, I could make it happen, and maybe either way.
Hope to see you guys there and meet meet finally.
Cheers

#19 ·
imamonstertruck said:
He just may. This thing is 100% stock and this is his first 4x4. He is not much of an off road guy but has talked about playing around in his Montero. But it would need to be as novice as you could get.
Such trails seem to exist there, he'll simply want to do a better job of reviewing a map to verify the difficulty level than I did this past weekend if he's not into shots of intense thrills and moments of sheer terror! Weeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! :D

#20 ·
My buddy took his stock rig with no problems, of course, it is an SR model, so the rear locker helps:)

#22 ·
I think maybe Paint Chip has been eating a couple flakes there while sniffing some markers or something....
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is the popcorn about with the jack in the box?

#23 ·
Really though, the trails there are totally do-able in a stock Trooper or the like. The only thing I recommend is some rock sliders or don't be upset when you get rocker panel damage. Other than that, a decent set of tires makes life easier.

Now, when it rains, all things are no longer equal, and you had better have some tires that are pretty good and lockers help, not necessary, but really help. 88bronzetrooper wheeled that Nissan of his dads up Daniel with no lockers. Just takes more patience and some momentum from time to time.

#24 ·
Billy's right. the trails there are really not that bad just take your time and pick your lines. Now I would say If you dont want rocker damage I would do sliders before doing some trails but I have done every trail out there with 31s

#25 ·
You only see the vids of Daniel but there are lots of trails and most are doable in a stock truck. I'm one of those who isn't trying to bash my Trooper so I wheel the mild stuff normally. Also remember there is lot's to do besides wheel. 6,000 acre lake right next to the campground!!!!!!!! Bring the canoe.

#26 ·
The canoe would be awesome... I am sure Carol would like that.

cheers

squatch said:
You only see the vids of Daniel but there are lots of trails and most are doable in a stock truck. I'm one of those who isn't trying to bash my Trooper so I wheel the mild stuff normally. Also remember there is lot's to do besides wheel. 6,000 acre lake right next to the campground!!!!!!!! Bring the canoe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.