Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Hallowharrie 2013

20K views 65 replies 23 participants last post by  -88- 
#1 ·
Time to get the thread started so I have something to work toward. A long list of things to do, swapping in 4.56s in the VX, tranny swap on the RS along with the new AC compressor I got from Jerry!!! Thanks Jerry! The wife will like having cold air and no more squealing belts...

#52 ·
@ marlin - the VX looks amazing! Now comes the really fun part, getting it out into the wild so you can build an updated signature montage! :)

As for the date of the event itself, if shifting to the 3rd weekend creates the greatest opportunity for people to attend, then it seems logical to me. Just a newbie's $0.02 on the subject.

@ Van - if the date shifts officially I'll gladly pay your reservation change fee for another chance to ride shotgun with you. :thumbup:

Jonathan

#53 ·
Van said:
Great looking job on the LineX... my question is... are ya' scared to scratch it up. :twisted:

So, I've been up for a couple of hours working on my 7th "1 shot" cup of coffee thinking on and off about a way to please the majority of folks. :? I normally don't have much "free time" during the day to be planning if/when I can make it camping... that's why I like a date "set in stone"... so I have plenty of time to plan for it and get ready. :lol:

I THINK that the main problem with having it "set in stone" on the 4th weekend in October is that normally, that's Halloween weekend. :?

Like Marlin said, we have new folks and more families joining our group all the time. :D

For the folks that have children (and for some adults :wink: ), Halloween weekend is not doable.

For other folks, it seems like life always throws something into a date at the last minute. :roll:

To try and appease those that like a "date set in stone" and those that want to participate in Halloween, I would like to propose a new "set in stone" date, the weekend before Halloween. :idea:

I know that it won't be good for everyone (no matter how hard we try), but, I think that it will be doable for the majority and get rid of at least one voting thread. :?

Unfortunately, I have made my reservation for this year already.

Do we need to have another "voting poll" on the "Hallowharrie, the weekend before Halloween from now and ever on."?

Please voice your opinion.
THAT WILL WORK FOR ME , THE WEEKEND BEFORE HALLOWEEN IS FINE, CAN CHANGE RESV. DATE THIS EARLY WITH OUT A PROB.
BUT LIKE YOU I DO BELIEVE THAT AS MANY NEW FAMILES THAT ARE COMING NOW WE NEED TO GET THE DATE SET IN PLENTY OF TIME AND THE KIDS CAN STILL NOT MISS THEIR HALLOWEEN WEEK END.

ALL SO IT WILL BE AN EASY WEEK END TO REMEMBER , WEEKEND BEFORE HALLOWEEN , SIMPLE ENOUGH

#54 ·
Weekend before halloween weekend, :) 17-20 OCT. Will start a new thread with that as the title:)

#55 ·
marlin said:
So the vote would be to lock in Hallowharrie 1, 2 or 3 weekends before halloween?
I can set that up, and Van, this is a decent compromise, still silly to lock in dates at all, but better than ruining the event for all the families. Since no one is completely happy, means it must be a good idea:)
As for your reservations, turns out, it is really easy to change them, no fee, just do it online.
I appreciate your sarcasm about not having time to change plans, since it is half a year away and all :lol:
Someone needs to install some Revo gears inside of them and slow down a little for me. :lol:
It's not even been one full day yet. :lol:

I originally had said "The weekend before Halloween". But, with hay rides and whatever else that happens during the weekend prior to Halloween, that still wouldn't work for families. :wink:

New proposal... THE 3rd FULL WEEKEND IN OCTOBER, and what I mean by FULL WEEKEND is that if 1 October fell on a Sunday, that would not be a full weekend in October. :idea:

If we were to start this year (and apparently we have) you would have the correct dates set already. :wink:

I still would like to hear others opinion on "setting it in stone" before we possibly start doing this next year.

As far as this year is concerned, I wasn't being sarcastic about needing to plan that far ahead... so, as of right now, I still have my reservation for the 24-27, although, I might be camping there for a week and a half to meet up with the "Hallowharrie 2013" group. :?

#56 ·
The weekend before halloween is the whole problem! That is when a lot of towns do trick or treat so the kids are not out on a school night. That is also the sat night hay rides/cub scouts/haunted houses etc. 24_27 is the weekend b4 halloween. That is why it won't work for families.

#57 ·
But Marlin I know thats not how my town or the most around here work. The trick or treating is on Halloween. And I know you keep saying it was a "select Few" eleders that started this but thats not true! It was voted on only a few years ago and what was found by the Majority of the forum was that a solid date was better for planning so you didn't end up with battles Just LIke This one!! I will have my reservation for the 24-27 and hope To see other people then Van.

#58 ·
Yup yup, I understand what you are saying, but once again, the poll sort of speaks for itself. Only a few people wanted the 24-27, the weekend before halloween, and a large majority wanted the 17th-20th. We have done a double weekend event before, I remember, because I had to pick what weekend to go to.
That is why we are having this discussion now, personally, I think locking in dates forever is kinda silly, inflexible and down right unpatriotic:)
So, perhaps start a thread for the alternate dates, just copy my format (well Eli's format that I tweaked to work for me) and we can coordinate the two together? That way, everyone gets to wheel in URE with part of the family, and can pick what dates work best for them?

#59 ·
Ssignature said:
[glow=blue]AWESOME design!!!!!![/glow] :thumbright:

(But you're missing the 'w' in HALLOwharrie ;) )

I plan to make it to HALLOwharrie 2013...
Well... one of them, anyhow [cough]

Yeah, I turned-over my 'Julie the Cruise Director' clipboard to Eli, a long time ago, and it was this whole Conflicting Schedules thing that made me do so! --- Setting a date for ISUZUwharrie and HALLOwharrie has always been difficult. --- It never fails; no matter what date is selected, there are always several people who have other obligations, work schedule conflicts, race schedule conflicts, etc.

Perhaps multiple weekends is the answer.
Maybe we should start having ISUZUwharrie and HALLOwharrie on two consecutive weekends, plus the entire week in-between (for the truly hardcore).
--- Those who are able to do so could stay for the whole shebang, from (say) Thursday, all-of-the-way through to the second Sunday.

It's a thought.

#61 ·
All are welcome to attend, just check out the two threads with details. Some of the group is coming 17-20, the other part is 24-27. Pick one or both and post up in that thread! There is lots of info in the thread for 17-20 oct including maps, links to the campground and so on. If you have anymore questions, you can post em up or PM me for details.

#62 ·

Fixed!

#63 ·
:salute:

I saw Brad Blake's sticker care-package photos, yesterday, on FB...
Then I searched and saw the others, here at PI.

You've got so many good designs, even at a buck-a-pop, I'm probably looking at $20 to $25-worth! :wink:

#64 ·
I'll have some available free at Uwharrie this Fall. Be sure to get a "Jerry Lemond" sticker, too.

#65 ·
Just off the top of my head, I'm looking at getting...

4 Jerrys
4 Aisin Hubs
4 Joe Isuzu heads
4 'ISU' ovals
4 'Isuzu', white text & logo, red squares
1 'Big Red Rock Eater', text only

...and I'm pretty sure there were a couple more ;)

#66 ·
squatch said:
Have fun folks! I have to go to Texas for a wedding that weekend. Don't want to go for several reasons but I'll be drug down kicking and screaming anyway. Why would anyone want to get married? :roll: It ruins everything including my Hallowharrie! :x
What part of tx? We'll sneak ya out the back door and have halloWHARRIE via remote location tx......while there at the nights end over brew and fire well get a better name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.