Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2013 Uwharrie Pics and Stories

34K views 101 replies 24 participants last post by  chuffer 
#1 ·
Here we go, I have the VX all loaded up except the cold stuff. We are hitting the road at 0700, will try and post some pics in route.

#2 ·
we aren't heading out until thursday afternoon now :cry: safe travels all

#4 ·
Looks good Tom! Much more convenient than sleeping on the roof and then having to pack everything up to hit the trail.

#7 ·
SAS said:
<< This space reserved for adding pictures AFTER the Spring IsuzUwharrie outing >>

Where's the double flip-off emoticon? :p
:cat: :thefinger:
Page 6 of the smilies...I was thinking maybe DOug used them all up or something. Well, time to hit the road in a few minutes, got a feeling one of the trucks is gonna blow up or something.

#8 ·
marlin said:
SAS said:
<< This space reserved for adding pictures AFTER the Spring IsuzUwharrie outing >>

Where's the double flip-off emoticon? :p
:cat: :thefinger:
Page 6 of the smilies...I was thinking maybe DOug used them all up or something. Well, time to hit the road in a few minutes, got a feeling one of the trucks is gonna blow up or something.
Just take a deep breath and take it slow and easy. :coffee2: Look at it like it's just another "deployment"... things will smooth out once you're on the way. :D

Have a safe trip. :thumbup:

Now, back to being reserved for the pics. :p

#9 ·
I got a little nervous there! "Did I get the date wrong?!" Especially with 7 posts already.

#10 ·
There's no way i'd use them all up.......I can make more.....see...... :thefinger:

#11 ·
UWharrie photos! Four Vehicrosses! Dropbox
We really enjoyed meeting all of y'all. We've got one nice VX and now I'm looking to pick up a 1st gen Amigo or Trooper to beat around. Still have Isuzu Uwharrie stickers. If anyone wants one or two, pm me. Turns out my wife Carolyn came down ill today, so that explains why she wasn't gettin' into it, in case anyone noticed. But she's ready to do it again! It'd be fun to get together more often. I hear there's off road trails in Clarkesville, GA too. Anyone been there?

#12 ·
Great times everyone. Great trip as usual. Look forward to seeing everyone again, except the "firewood thief" neighbors that came in last night to Vans fire. I think the one kid has a bit of a headache this morning though. And the rest just left their trash and split!
Safe travels home to everyone!
-Billy

#13 ·
We had a great time! I can't believe my daughter's (Krysten) VX made it thru all of Dutch John in total stock form! I got to drive Van's truck thru Dickey Bell.I have done alot of work on the truck over the years for him.It was great to see how if performs. :)

#14 ·
Thanks to all that showed and had a blast, it was cool seeing some stock VXes hit the trails, I forgot how capable a stock VX is.
We just got back, no blown up trucks, just a small fire in Montero I brought with me, but we figured out the cause and he hit the trails again! Good job Dennis, he is hooked now. Already looking at tires, sliders and a trailer to pull behind it for Hallowharrie.
We got some amazing go-pro footage we will post up soon.

#15 ·
#16 ·
We saw him taking pics and were like damn those are good...."snap"...."see"...."snap"....."see"....so we have seen most before anyone else :mrgreen:
Thanks to all those folks who helped and made this go smooth,weather was...well...hot,cold and wet.
Ac one day....heater next....the rain didn't bother us tho'

Mario thankyou for the "break" needed that "backporch" session

#17 ·
That's quite the little camera man! He was having a blast running around doing the photos.

#18 ·
He enjoyed doing it too, maybe he can be Van's assistant?
We had a great time! now that the boys are big enough to run around on their own, they enjoy it a lot more. The dog did good, except when he decided that he could fly on dutch john hill climb, stupid dog.
Doug, we didn't get to say bye this morning, after your romantic evening in the bus, we didn't want to wake you up...so...bye:)
Mario, it was fun as usual and RIP trooper, you wheeled the piss out of that truck.
Time to start the Hallowharrie thread now :twisted:

#20 ·
We just made it back, the trip went smooth and we had a great time. Can't wait to do it again and see these pics.

#21 ·
Twice as much fun if you post twice.

I want to thank y'all for the welcome and for babysitting the new guy thru a few trails. For some reason my co-pilot always seemed to get a picture of Billy's bumper. A few pic's for your enjoyment.

If anyone has pictures or video's (LowZone) of the "StormTrooper" in action please email them to 2pinkermanpadawans@bellsouth.net.

#22 ·
My camera battery died about 5 minutes after I arrived so I didn't get too many pics, here are a couple I snapped on Saturday. Ditto on the thanks to all those who generously helped me and my daughter (watch out, she's got her own account on the Zoo!), it was an absolutely amazing day. Is it October yet?! ;)

#25 ·
captainhwdy561 said:
I figured she'd get an account after getting to play on the trails. Is she pushing for a vx yet?
Not a VX yet, but she's already trying to sell some stuff to help fund a set of tires, Aisin manual hubs and a limited slip differential! :thumbup:

Jonathan

#26 ·
ahhhhhhh......... I am so envious of all you guys...... one of these days I will make it out and it will be glorious :D

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.