Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie and some crazy guy in a Mitsubishi of all things!

19K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Smiley 
#1 ·
I don't know if there is anyone that wants to know why I fell through with my duties to organize the Fall event, and now it looks the spring event but for those that wish to have an explanation I will keep it very short and sweet. Without getting into an essay my father fell 4 stories through a roof on a construction site, and is now with the aid of a brace that holds up his body is learning how to stand again. He landed on his feet damaging his spine, so he is currently paralyzed from the waist down with a 5% chance walking again. My mother has gone through hell for almost 6 months ranging from near mental breakdowns to getting robbed and attacked at her work. So between those 2 series of events for at least a good 6 months my life has been chaos, its a miracle of god I still have my sanity. Living paycheck to paycheck just trying to keep money in the bank to pay bills hasn't helped either. Its a miracle that people have been willing to help me with gas etc so I have been able to still be involved at Uwharrie in a limited capacity the past month.

I am not looking for sympathy or a pity party but I hope this sheds some light on why I haven't been around. I am glad to see Marlin has taken the reigns so to speak and taken the initiative to get a thread for the April trip started. I will still be around god willing and hope to see you guys on the trails.

#2 ·
I'm sorry to hear that Eli. I hope that you all continue to keep a handle on things on the hope front, but remember that they come first. We'll manage and if time is on your side and you can join us, we'll have a seat for you around the campfire.

-Tad

#3 ·
Tad said:
I'm sorry to hear that Eli. I hope that you all continue to keep a handle on things on the hope front, but remember that they come first. We'll manage and if time is on your side and you can join us, we'll have a seat for you around the campfire.

-Tad
x2 Hope things get better for you and yours Eli!

#4 ·
Ditto. Family is always the priority and you're needed at home now. But if you can make it out to URE this spring, that'd be great. Take care!

Leland.

#5 ·
Gosh Eli, I'm sorry to hear of the problems you and your family are going though. It seemed kinda off not have you around lately big guy. Hopefully you will be able to come hang with us in the spring, but if not we will all understand why. Hang tough Pinball, and keep on keeping on.
Wayne

#6 ·
Really hate to hear all that bad happening to you and your family. I hope it all works out well for you and your family. We will kepp you all in our prayers. This place just aint the same with out ya :D

#8 ·
We miss ya but you got to take care of family first.

#9 ·
I would be willing to chip in some money for fuel and whatnot if you want o make it fr the spring meet. I haven't seen you in a long time with the deployment and all. PM me if interested and I am sure I can get more support if needed. I hope all works out for you mom an dad.
PS-if you get a chance and can send me the file for your fancy map, I will tinker with it and see if I can figure it out. I have nowhere near the skill you do with computer graphics.

#10 ·
Thank you everyone for the kind words, it really means a lot.

A quick update. While the family situation is still a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, things are looking to turn around for me in the new year. Monday I have orientation for my new job, which is much better than my old one that ends this Sunday. Its a pay improvement so hopefully it will help the financial situation (which seems to amplify/make other issues even bigger, or appear that way at least) and be a stepping stone in the right direction. Only down side is 50-60 hour weeks means I don't know what Uwharrie functions I will and will not be able to attend. So please still keep myself and the family in your prayers, things are moving forward but its still a bit rocky so to speak.

I will try to find the latest map, I am on a different computer right now and will have to do some digging. If I can find it I will shoot it your way Marlin.

#11 ·
DRaider90 said:
Thank you everyone for the kind words, it really means a lot.

A quick update. While the family situation is still a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, things are looking to turn around for me in the new year. Monday I have orientation for my new job, which is much better than my old one that ends this Sunday. Its a pay improvement so hopefully it will help the financial situation (which seems to amplify/make other issues even bigger, or appear that way at least) and be a stepping stone in the right direction. Only down side is 50-60 hour weeks means I don't know what Uwharrie functions I will and will not be able to attend. So please still keep myself and the family in your prayers, things are moving forward but its still a bit rocky so to speak.

I will try to find the latest map, I am on a different computer right now and will have to do some digging. If I can find it I will shoot it your way Marlin.
BEST OF LUCK MY FRIEND , AND CONGRAT,S ON THE NEW JOB

#12 ·
Thanks, and good luck, the offer still stand with helping you out on gas or whatever. Just let me know.

#13 ·
Eli
Good to hear,we'll all get together sometime this year....just keep it screwed on straight

#15 ·
Eli, 1st off, it's great to see you on the Planet again. :D

IIRC, I've talked to you about your situation and have mentioned that you should NOT consider doing the Uwharrie planning as "Your Duty" (although it is MUCH APPRECIATED and Marlin can't figure out how to post the map yet he's a Nuclear engineer :lol: ). :cheers:

Your family and yourself should come 1st and foremost.

Congratulations on the new job... hope everything works out. :thumbup:

Now, please try and make it out sometime this year to one of our events... we need something to fix out on the trails late at night. :wink: :lol:

#16 ·
Glad to see you surface on the planet again bud. I know you have had a lot on your plate. Keep your head up and congrats on the new job!!

#17 ·
Van said:
Marlin can't figure out how to post the map yet he's a Nuclear engineer
The realization of the gravity behind this comment will keep me from sleeping for days... I knew what he did, but just put it all together. :shock: :shock:

:lol:

#18 ·
Know what will help you sleep...radiation exposure, long, deep sleep. :alien:

#19 ·
Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and support it has helped get through the rough times. Things are looking better financially and family wise, only downside is this new job has me working 70-80 hour weeks not leaving much time to wheel. I originally guessed I would be working 50-60, but I was a little bit off. Working 70+ hours and the need for a vehicle to replace the aging Mazda 626 (some may have seen it, the grey car I have driven up before) has put me with a new vehicle. It was either take out a loan and dump 2-3k into the Mazda that has over 230k on it, plus a slipping transmission and engine issues, or take out a loan on a new vehicle. I made sure to get something that at least had an LSD, and its red just like the Raider.....

There are lot of factors that I won't get into on here about why I ended up with a Mustang, part of it being I am not the only driver of it. But it was the cheapest new vehicle I could fit in, and still get decent gas mileage (AVG approx 25mpg, better than what the Mazda got). Its a bare bones base V6 Mustang, but at least when I do get to drive it to and from work I have something I can enjoy driving. The Raider is not made for long distance highway travel, and Swampers don't help either. I pray this is just the tip of the ice berg, more good things to come (I know the Raider needs some major TLC). No time to wheel really, but at least I am not overdrawing the bank account and having family meltdowns. You have to have your priorities I guess.

#20 ·
Sweet! I know the feeling on the hours, I work 70-80 hours a week unless I have weekend duty, then it bumps 85ish. It sucks, wish I got overtime, I would be filthy rich.

#21 ·
Kicker is I don't get overtime either. They claim the transportation loop hole that really pertains to OTR not armored car.

#22 ·
Glad to see you back on here Eli!!!
I'm likin' the new ride. Looks sharp.
Hopefully things are looking up for you now and we can start seeing you out on the trails soon.

#23 ·
Thanks. The Mustang is a blessing but its really the last thing we need right now (more debt). But it was either take out a loan to fix a car with 230k miles on it, or get a loan on a new car. My mom gets the most out of it as its really a thank you to her for all she has done for me. Helping her out is my top priority. But I can't complain, I drive it on her days off.

Working crazy hours doesn't leave a lot of free time but I am at least heading in the right direction. Hopefully I will make it out in October.

#24 ·
Good for you Eli, glad to hear things are going much better for you. You really need to make it out this fall, haven't seen you in a few years now:( Just please promise me that driving the mustang isn't gonna make you turn into a ricer or a hotrodder:) Going fast isn't gonna help you with the zombie revolution begins 8)

#25 ·
marlin said:
Good for you Eli, glad to hear things are going much better for you. You really need to make it out this fall, haven't seen you in a few years now:( Just please promise me that driving the mustang isn't gonna make you turn into a ricer or a hotrodder:) Going fast isn't gonna help you with the zombie revolution begins 8)
I beg to differ sir. :twisted:

#26 ·
Working as an Armed Courier has its benefits, like being able to pay bills etc but it also comes with its risks:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Police-w ... 12531.html

That is the story of what happened to me almost 3 weeks ago. The pepper spray washed off, but the mental battle continues as I keep on working. Please keep me and my family (that has been there for me too) in your prayers.

(And for the record, yes my coal sack was empty. I got pepper sprayed (with a large fogger unit) for an empty bag).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.