Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie and some crazy guy in a Mitsubishi of all things!

19K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Smiley 
#1 ·
I don't know if there is anyone that wants to know why I fell through with my duties to organize the Fall event, and now it looks the spring event but for those that wish to have an explanation I will keep it very short and sweet. Without getting into an essay my father fell 4 stories through a roof on a construction site, and is now with the aid of a brace that holds up his body is learning how to stand again. He landed on his feet damaging his spine, so he is currently paralyzed from the waist down with a 5% chance walking again. My mother has gone through hell for almost 6 months ranging from near mental breakdowns to getting robbed and attacked at her work. So between those 2 series of events for at least a good 6 months my life has been chaos, its a miracle of god I still have my sanity. Living paycheck to paycheck just trying to keep money in the bank to pay bills hasn't helped either. Its a miracle that people have been willing to help me with gas etc so I have been able to still be involved at Uwharrie in a limited capacity the past month.

I am not looking for sympathy or a pity party but I hope this sheds some light on why I haven't been around. I am glad to see Marlin has taken the reigns so to speak and taken the initiative to get a thread for the April trip started. I will still be around god willing and hope to see you guys on the trails.

#27 ·
Glad you are ok, I have been saying Jeepers are bad news all along. :twisted:

#28 ·
Bummer. :evil:

Don't worry about the effects of the pepper spray.

I used to teach NBC (Nuclear, Chemical and Biological) classes and I had to light up the tear gas chamber about 3-4 times a week and have the folks take of their gas masks and I would ask them a question before they could leave... some of the questions were... what's 22,333 thousand x 13... how old am I... what color is Jupiter?

I think I'm still normal after all that exposure. :? :confused2:

The mental trauma will wear off with time, just keep yourself busy... like coming out some time and wheeling with us again. :wink:

#29 ·
I seem to remember at boot camp doing that. As division leadership, we got to stay until the end, and we had to march around the room and sing a cadence. I just remember holding on to the guy in front of me and snot pouring out of all my orifaces. We did all this right after getting our haircut, not a good time.

#30 ·
This probably isn't the correct place to post this but I figured there is so much else personal information on here why not. On December 18th my father passed away at the age 49, he was going to be 50 this past Friday December 20th. Last year in October/November he fell 3 stories through the roof of a building he was working on, landing on his feet compressing his spine which resulted in him being paralyzed from the waist down. He had a 5% chance of walking again but he was determined to walk again, and in the past couple months was starting to get feeling back in his legs. What we believe happened was a blood clot in his legs (he had blood clot issues in his legs right after the accident) traveled up to his heart putting him in cardiac arrest. Right now I am in Chicago, IL taking care of his affairs. I didn't get to say goodbye to him before he passed, but I was able to before they started the cremation process. He truly looked happy, and is now in a better place. Little did he know that he would be walking again so soon. Please keep me and my family in your prayers are we get through this one day at a time.

#31 ·
DRaider90 said:
This probably isn't the correct place to post this but I figured there is so much else personal information on here why not. On December 18th my father passed away at the age 49, he was going to be 50 this past Friday December 20th. Last year in October/November he fell 3 stories through the roof of a building he was working on, landing on his feet compressing his spine which resulted in him being paralyzed from the waist down. He had a 5% chance of walking again but he was determined to walk again, and in the past couple months was starting to get feeling back in his legs. What we believe happened was a blood clot in his legs (he had blood clot issues in his legs right after the accident) traveled up to his heart putting him in cardiac arrest. Right now I am in Chicago, IL taking care of his affairs. I didn't get to say goodbye to him before he passed, but I was able to before they started the cremation process. He truly looked happy, and is now in a better place. Little did he know that he would be walking again so soon. Please keep me and my family in your prayers are we get through this one day at a time.
ELI , I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAD, BELIEVE ME I KNOW WHAT YOU MAY BE GOING THRU, AND YOU CAN MAKE IT THRU, IT WILL BE HARD TO HANDLE FOR A WHILE, I STILL MISS MY DAD AND IT HAS BEEN 20 YEARS . SINCE HE LEFT US. WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED US SEND US ANY ONE OF US A PM YOU KNOW WHO, AND WE CAN TALK . JERRY

#32 ·
Eli sorry to hear of your mishap and the loss of your father. I lost my Father in 4th grade. I lost my FIL last spring. I spent the last night in the hospital with him. All night long he was talking to folks like he had just entered a party. "How ya doing", 'Haven't seen you in ages", Been huntin' lately" ect. I knew the names. They had all preceded him! :shock: He kept trying to spring out of bed. "I gotta go" "Where you going Pop"? "Home"! The next day he did with his son and wife present. Made a huge positive impression on me. I'm convinced he has indeed gone home! :D

It's no fun but time helps. They are never really gone as long as we remember them. Keep your chin up. Merry Christmas.

#33 ·
I am only just now seeing this...

Eli, it sounds like you and I have been riding in different cars on the same rollercoaster of life -- but, by the sound of things, I think you've been riding in the front seat!

Brother, I mourn your loss, and convey my deepest and most heartfelt condolences.

Believe me; I understand how you must feel...
I lost my father (62) this past spring (were my step-siblings made an absolute circus/mockery of the funeral) -- then my grandmother (97) passed away this fall.
In late November, right in my own backyard, I was assaulted, knocked unconscious, and robbed of that month's mortgage payment. The setback put Miss Kathy and I way behind on our bills, and we have only just in the last few weeks caught everything back up.

I wish that I had some meaningful words of wisdom to pass along -- an icepack, of sorts, to put on those kicked nuts of yours -- but about the only thing I have to offer is, 'Keep strong, chin up, and carry on.' --- This is the motto that I have been following lately, myself, to the best of my ability.

I sincerely hope that you can make it to ISUZUwharrie this year; it would be great to see you again (although, maybe WITHOUT the Thermonuclear Habanera Paste-From-Hell thrown onto the campfire, this time! :p ) -- and THANK YOU, very much, for doing the event thread again this year!

* Oh, and in case you were wondering -- that sale on your Cafe Press site a couple of weeks ago for the Red Trooper/grey rock Isuzu Logo "What Planet are YOU on?' T-shirt... yeah, that was me. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.