Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Official Spring Uwharrie 2013 18-21 Apr

55K views 352 replies 40 participants last post by  ga trooper 
#1 ·
Thought I would start a fresh new thread with campsites updated and whatnot. I will update in a neater format at some point as I get more info. Maybe soe puter magician can do the fancy intro we usually have.

Marlin- site 36 18-21 VX and Trooper RS
Mario (Hack) site 34 18-21 one Zu or another
Reran site 33 18-21 Trooper
Jerry site 32 18-21 Trooper
Van. site 30 18-21 Pup
Mike site 37 18-21 Trooper
Wayne site 28 18-21 Trooper
Tom site 35 18-21 Trooper
Tacy(SAS) site 25 18-21 Land Cruiser
Squatch site 21 18-21 Trooper
Doug site 42 18-21 Isuzu School bus :)
Hatfield site 38 18-21 Trooper
Billy site 27 18-21 Trooper
Dennis (Friend of Marlin) site 39 18-21 '93 Montero

See less See more
#3 ·
Not even January yet and I can't wait for the Spring URE trip. :lol: I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday... hopefully, with a surprise for some of y'all. :D :D

Leland

#4 ·
Of course I have an xc race at lake sugar tree that weekend. Quad or Trooper......I'd probably pick the trooper if I wasn't chasing a championship. Dang just dang. Hope you guys have a blast, I'm sure you will.

#5 ·
I am going to send a mass email on the ship inviting any 4x4 interests. I definitely have a friend with a 90s montero going. Electric rear locker...wish we had that option.

#7 ·
marlin said:
I am going to send a mass email on the ship inviting any 4x4 interests. I definitely have a friend with a 90s montero going. Electric rear locker...wish we had that option.
Very cool! The more the merrier. :D

#8 ·
I'm planning on attending this. I'll see if NLaw wants to ride with me. :D

#10 ·
I didn't know there were oem airlockers. It isall stock. Nice truck.

#12 ·
A little piece of advise:

Since Marlin is putting it out there on "The Ship" that we are wheeling that weekend, you had best book a campsite early. Like NOW!! Once one guy over there tells his buddy, who tells his other buddy, then one of them posts something about it.... The camp ground gets booked up quick. Don't get left out kids.

#14 ·
marlin said:
I didn't know there were oem airlockers. It isall stock. Nice truck.
Yup, got one in the rear of my '99 Monty and had one in my '94 Montero as well. Low pressure (~7 PSI) actuators.. nice stout design with a 9.5" ring gear.

Back on topic. I will put in for the vacation to spend a few days out there. Might not be wheeling unless I get aggressive with putting the new engine & transmission in my truck by then.

#16 ·
Van said:
Ruination said:
Back on topic. I will put in for the vacation to spend a few days out there. Might not be wheeling unless I get aggressive with putting the new engine & transmission in my truck by then.
Better get to it. :protest:
:lol: True that! Holidays = $$$ I have to wait till february to feel OK with dropping the cash into the engine.

#18 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Van is so demanding of you Brendan sounds like he should come help you get it done :p
Not as demanding like I will be with you if I don't see some CV axles at Uwharrie. :naka: :thefinger: :lol:

Besides, I helped him take out the engine once, he knows he just needs to give me a holler. :eek:ccasion5:

#19 ·
I'll be coming up for Saturday. Looking to put a radio in the Trooper before I come up. What are you people running these days, CB, 2M, FRS?

Point me in the right direction and I'll be ready by April.

#20 ·
Kozak said:
I'll be coming up for Saturday. Looking to put a radio in the Trooper before I come up. What are you people running these days, CB, 2M, FRS?

CB is the way to go.. few people usually FRS too, but you don't hear all the exciting stuff on there ;)

#21 ·
CB is what is most common, but it's spotty at best. I'll be running FRS, GMRS, 2M, 70cm, and CB. But then again, I'm a radio nerd. :)

I'd suggest getting a CB, unless you're into HAM Radio. In that case, bring a 2m along and we can run in the front and back to keep the group in touch. CB often isn't enough to cover the entire group.

#22 ·
Kozak said:

What site did you get? I will update the list in the first post. Welcome to the fun, I run CB, with the antenna on the roof I can reach from the front to the back of the group, and I can chit chat with long haulers:)

#23 ·
No site for me. I'm just driving up for the day and will make the run home after dark.

#24 ·
We'll be there. got to get busy on stuff. i'll make a reservation afterwhile.

ernie

#26 ·
It's beginning to look like we're going to have a pretty good crowd. :D Would it be too early to talk food? :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.