Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2013 Spring Uwharrie meet dates

17K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  marlin 
#1 ·
Not too soon to start planning. Need to firm up our dates so I can setup vacation. How about 5-7 April?

#3 ·
We said the same thing for hallowharrie at one point. I am just trying to plan ahead with spring break and whatnot.

#5 ·
Problem with later in the month, most spring breaks for those with kids are earlier in the month.

#6 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
I think the dates are already set ahead of time for good but I have no objection to changing that rule.
I believe the last year or two we've set the dates for the third weekend in April and the fourth weekend in October. Uwharrie opens from April 1st thru December 15th and, historically, we've always tried to avoid the opening weekend for numerous reasons. I think we, typically, have higher turnouts mid April or later... but I could be wrong. :lol:

#8 ·
I am trying to come up on a tues afternoon and stay through sun. Go shooting, wheeling, fishing and whatnot.

#9 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
I think the dates are already set ahead of time for good but I have no objection to changing that rule.
You've been hanging around that Obama fella too long. :lol: :lol:

The only permanent dates that were agreed upon would be for Hallowharrie... 4th weekend in Oct. :wink:

If I can make it this April, it would have to be the 3rd or 4th weekend due to prior vacation planning of the 1st two weeks. :D

O.K. you old lady's... let the bickering begin. :blackeye: :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
Van said:
88bronzetrooper said:
You've been hanging around that Obama fella too long. :lol: :lol:

The only permanent dates that were agreed upon would be for Hallowharrie... 4th weekend in Oct. :wink:

If I can make it this April, it would have to be the 3rd or 4th weekend due to prior vacation planning of the 1st two weeks. :D

O.K. you old lady's... let the bickering begin. :blackeye: :lol: :lol:
I AM OUT FOR T HE FIRST WEEK END VACC ALL READY PLANNED BY TH WE WIFE . 3RD OR 4RTH , ALL READY RESERVED THIRD WEEKEND SAME AS LAST 2 YEARS

#11 ·
I am also out the first weekend. Already have plans as that is Easter week.

#12 ·
I can't make the first two weekends however am open to either the third of fourth weekends. The third seems to be getting the most support at this point, so that would be my vote.

#14 ·
3rd weekend works for me.

#15 ·
hmmmmmm....................I don't even have a calendar around. What are the dates of the third weekend? I'm thinking that would prob work better for me. regardless, we're coming up on Thursday this time. I keep missing out on all of the Friday runs. Saturdays are fun but we generally spend more time cleaning trails, which I'm not opposed to in any way, just want to get in as much fun as work.

#16 ·
So, are we thinking April 18-21?

#17 ·
sassee said:
hmmmmmm....................I don't even have a calendar around. What are the dates of the third weekend? I'm thinking that would prob work better for me. regardless, we're coming up on Thursday this time. I keep missing out on all of the Friday runs. Saturdays are fun but we generally spend more time cleaning trails, which I'm not opposed to in any way, just want to get in as much fun as work.
THURSDAY APRIL 18 THRU SUN THE 21 ONECEST WORKS FOR ME , RESV ALL READY MADE

#18 ·
Reserved Site 34. See you on 4/18!

#22 ·
#24 ·
Even though I am about 90% done with a total rebuild on my 86 Trooper engine, as my question will show, I am still a newbie when it comes to Troopers and any of their cousins.

So someone please tell me what a "Uwharrie" is in 5,000 words or less. It sounds like some kind of meetup for Trooper fanatics; a chance to meet and greet other somewhat normal folk; normal other than a common obsession with Troopers.
This really sounds interesting to me; I would not only perhaps get the chance to meet some of the great people that wet nursed me through the rebuilding of my engine; but I perhaps could learn more...a lot more; and see some of the mods that have been done to other Troopers.

If this is a meeting of sorts that I imagine, and if it's not too far from Phoenix, Arizona, from what I understand, it sounds like something I would love to participate in.

Ken

#25 ·
woodsman1st said:
Even though I am about 90% done with a total rebuild on my 86 Trooper engine, as my question will show, I am still a newbie when it comes to Troopers and any of their cousins.

So someone please tell me what a "Uwharrie" is in 5,000 words or less. It sounds like some kind of meetup for Trooper fanatics; a chance to meet and greet other somewhat normal folk; normal other than a common obsession with Troopers.
This really sounds interesting to me; I would not only perhaps get the chance to meet some of the great people that wet nursed me through the rebuilding of my engine; but I perhaps could learn more...a lot more; and see some of the mods that have been done to other Troopers.

If this is a meeting of sorts that I imagine, and if it's not too far from Phoenix, Arizona, from what I understand, it sounds like something I would love to participate in.

Ken
It is an unofficial gathering of Isuzu-ites
That happens in the Uwharrie Nat. Forest NC.

As for the Phoenix Az bit.............it's easier to drive here than to drive to Hawaii :mrgreen:

#26 ·
LOL, if I can make the drive form Charleston,SC to Moab,Utah....twice, then you can make a run from AZ to NC. It is a meet for all kinds of Isuzus,troopers, rodeos, Vehicrosses, Pups and some other cousins, Mitsus, Zuks and so on. All are welcome, even Jeeps. (They just require more trail repair time...your welcome Ron)

It is an awesome group, I have been going for 4 years now. Tons of fun. When I first started, I didn't even know what a locker was! Now I have a Trooper RS and a Vehicross, with more mods than I could possibly remember. Almost all of my mad skillz were gleaned from this group :mrgreen:

Reactions: woodsman1st
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.