Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2013 Spring Uwharrie meet dates

17K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  marlin 
#1 ·
Not too soon to start planning. Need to firm up our dates so I can setup vacation. How about 5-7 April?

#27 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Mark you going to make it this year?
I'm planning on it!

What can I say. I finally caught fish in Badin lake last spring for the 1st time. Not only that but they were large fish! :D Of course Mario will be back with me this spring so we'll see how that works out! :wink:

#33 ·
Van said:
Out the door to Uwharrie in 5... 4... 3... 2..., ooops, wrong thread. :p :lol:
Sure Van, rub it in.....
I'm hoping to be able to make the Spring trip. Still depends on a couple of things though that aren't quite ironed out yet. My Uncle may be coming through from AZ on his way back to Maine but not rock solid on a date yet. We shall see. So is it definately the third weekend 18-21 right?

#34 ·
marlin said:
LOL, if I can make the drive form Charleston,SC to Moab,Utah....twice, then you can make a run from AZ to NC. It is a meet for all kinds of Isuzus,troopers, rodeos, Vehicrosses, Pups and some other cousins, Mitsus, Zuks and so on. All are welcome, even Jeeps. (They just require more trail repair time...your welcome Ron)

It is an awesome group, I have been going for 4 years now. Tons of fun. When I first started, I didn't even know what a locker was! Now I have a Trooper RS and a Vehicross, with more mods than I could possibly remember. Almost all of my mad skillz were gleaned from this group :mrgreen:
Hey Marlin, when you head out to Moab, do you trailer the VX or drive it out there? Just curious, I've always wanted to wheel out there and never been. I spent 26 years in AZ where it would have been a hop, skip and jump but just never made the time.

#35 ·
I went twice, trailered it the first time, drove it all the way to seattle the 2nd time, stopped in KS Rocks and Moab on the way:)

#36 ·
I started a new thread with the dates in the title and whatnot. If you make a reservation, please post it in the other thread and I will update as they come.

#37 ·
squatch said:
88bronzetrooper said:
Mark you going to make it this year?
I'm planning on it!

What can I say. I finally caught fish in Badin lake last spring for the 1st time. Not only that but they were large fish! :D Of course Mario will be back with me this spring so we'll see how that works out! :wink:
I am betting the Mario fishing jinks holds true to form. :wink:

#41 ·
If you go to weather.com, you can pull up historic weather info. It will show averages and whatnot. My first year in Uwharrie, 4 years ago, my truck was overheating since it was so warm, the following year, all of my water bottles were frozen in the morning. Its hit and miss. I bring a space heater just in case.

#42 ·
marlin said:
If you go to weather.com, you can pull up historic weather info. It will show averages and whatnot. My first year in Uwharrie, 4 years ago, my truck was overheating since it was so warm, the following year, all of my water bottles were frozen in the morning. Its hit and miss. I bring a space heater just in case.
I thought these late gen troopers(same thing as vx) were supposed to have good cooling?

#43 ·
I had a bad fan clutch in it. Didn't find out until sitting in the woods in 4low when it was 80 degrees:) I haven't had a problem since, but that hood scoop on my truck is functional, I cut the hole all the way through as a huge vent on top of the engine :twisted:

#44 ·
I had a bad fan clutch in it. Didn't find out until sitting in the woods in 4low when it was 80 degrees:) I haven't had a problem since I replaced it with a torque cool clutch, but that hood scoop on my truck is functional, I cut the hole all the way through as a huge vent on top of the engine :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.