Isuzu SUV Forum banner

I'M GOING TO UWHARRIE, just not with you all :(

12K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mkven 
#1 ·
So me and a group of buddies are heading to Uhwarrie just a few weeks after you all. I drive a 2001 Trooper with 265's (32's?), it's got about 3/4" lift in the front and the 929's in the rear, no other mods. What would you guys suggest I keep my daily driver off of, and what would I be able to tackle with that set up. I have never been and don't feel like getting myself in serious trouble if I can help it.
Sam

#3 ·
With out sliders I would stay away from Daniel. Your trooper could make it just fine but with out sliders it will be a work out not to tag the rockers. Every other trail has bypasses that if you dont feel comfortable you can go around.

#4 ·
Well...technically, you could prob run all of the trails. it's just a matter of whether or not you want to risk any body damage. Rock sliders are handy on most trails You can choose a good line thru most of them and not damage your vehicle(with the exception of Daniel), you just have to be careful. Is your '01 equipped with a rear LSD? If it's is wet, you better have MT's or a winch (or both)...that clay is tough!

#5 ·
No winch, but others on the trip have them, rear LSD, but with 120,000 miles on it who knows how well a LSD works when you need it the most. I really want sliders, but there is not a great cash flow right now. Anybody got some old ones laying about that they want to sell?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.