Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Official Hallowharrie 2012 October 25-28

31K views 147 replies 34 participants last post by  Cronk 
#1 ·
Well, not really. But someone suggested it in the date planning thread, so why not?

I think we all have our sites at this point; last I checked I think there are only a few tent sites open.

Is there going to be a group dinner this year?

#3 ·
Here's who has said that they're going so far:

Site 11- Hack
Site 41- Bansil and HillBilly
Site 30- Van
Site 32- Jerry
Site 16- Drysten
Site 34- slainer
DRaider90
Site 39- marlin
Site 25- lowzone
Site 25- qbenplaya00
Site 12- FTen
Site 46- Ekholm1997
Site 47- sassee
Site 48- 88toy4x4
Site 50- TomSuddard

If you're going, then just comment on this thread and I'll add you to this list. I'll be arriving Thursday night, and leaving Sunday morning.

#4 ·
If you would like to update the original list with site numbers, that would be cool, too bad we don't hav ethe map setup that Eli uses to show which sites are reserved by "us"....we miss you Eli!!!

#8 ·
Guess u alrready got me down for 39:) well done

#10 ·
Jerry has site #32 and I have site #30.

Concerning the group dinner for Saturday night (copied from the other thread).

I think $5 a head should be sufficient to get us burgers, chips, sausage, potato salad, buns, beans and maybe more... but it sure won't buy us any of that cobbler.

Let me know who's interested and we can start planning... or, I'm open to other suggestions.

#12 ·
Ften are you the ton'd trooper that was in Boone for a few years?wheeled at Callalantee back in the day?
Never mind you have a son w/GF and his own rig....you wouldn't be that old...sorry :mrgreen:

#13 ·
Van said:
Jerry has site #32 and I have site #30.

Concerning the group dinner for Saturday night (copied from the other thread).

I think $5 a head should be sufficient to get us burgers, chips, sausage, potato salad, buns, beans and maybe more... but it sure won't buy us any of that cobbler.

Let me know who's interested and we can start planning... or, I'm open to other suggestions.
That cobbler might not be as unattainable as you think... :wink:

#14 ·
I would take 2002trooper4me off the list. He's having some issues with the trooper at the moment and he's not even sure about keeping the thing.

#15 ·
OK, after my rather lengthy stay inside the Cone of Silence...

I've been quite busy with life, work, school, vehicle repairs, etc., so I haven't had time to keep up.
(A) What are the official dates (*please don't make me go back and read the other thread!)
(B) Does anyone have room for 2 or 3 guests -- either with a 14' camper, or a 12'x18' tent?

In the past few weeks, in the hope of attending HALLOwharrie 2012, I have attempted to make the Trooper road/trail-worthy; to-wit, I have repaired and/or replaced:
-- Ball Joints (all)
-- Tie Rods (both)
-- Idler Relay Lever (nib), while reusing the original Idler Arm
-- Alignment (at Sears -- which is quite a story, all unto itself!)

But it still rode like crap, so...
A close inspection indicated the need to replace:
-- Idler Arm (sourced from under the ol' Rodeo)
-- Center Link (just happened to have an older one, with a damper mount)
-- Pop and re-center the Steering Wheel
-- Alignment (DIY/eyeball & tape measure-style)

Vastly improved, but it still wasn't "right", so...
An additional (exhaustive and thorough) inspection revealed the need to replace:
-- Driver's-side Upper Control Arm Bushings

Oh, and it needs CVs, too.
And this doesn't even count the need to address the horribly clattering Valves, and leaking Transmission (or T-case) -- I'm not sure which, yet.

Workin' on it ;)

#16 ·
Atleast you "know" a mechanic ,that's real close :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see you all at URE...idont think I will have room for a tent...hell not real sure if there's room for me at 41 :lol:

#18 ·
If I have room your are welcome to crash, but I will have the F250, a popup camper and the VX, probably no RS this trip, old lady doesnt want to wheel her anymore:(

#19 ·
marlin said:
If I have room your are welcome to crash, but I will have the F250, a popup camper and the VX, probably no RS this trip, old lady doesnt want to wheel her anymore:(
What!! :shock: blasphemee (is that enuf leters for that word?)....tell her to get her butt in gear...so she can show up the guys..... :lol:

#21 ·
Bansil said:
marlin said:
What!! :shock: blasphemee (is that enuf leters for that word?)....tell her to get her butt in gear...so she can show up the guys..... :lol:
Well, we just had the engine rebuilt, now we have an intermittent tranny light in. I told her I am not putting anymore of my money into that truck, we already have almost 8K in it with all the upgrades and whatnot. She wants to just DD it. FIne with me, means less maintenance for me to do:) The VX will maintain trail duty!! :p

#23 ·
#25 ·
Fellas not going to make the Zu weekend.
I will be there the weekend before at Arrowhead.
Give me a shout or PM me if you will be around.
just sayin

:bigsmurf:

#26 ·
I am out for sure but, not for the reasons mentioned.

I am taking my kid camping that weekend here in VA with some of her friends for her birthday. As for the Trooper, I turned it over to a Transmission shop to work the bugs out of it. There seems to be trouble in the valvebody and possibly a bad sensor or two. I hope to have it back by weeks end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.