Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Policy

837K views 79 replies 65 participants last post by  RodeoGipsy 
#1 ·
To go along with the new look, we have a new policy here at Planetisuzoo: Posts from now on will need to be constructive and nice. Try to be on-topic too :D

If there's some question about the definition of nice, feel free to ask but you probably already know the answer. We've had two members banned recently because they were not interested in being nice. The same goes for trolling: Resist the urge as we don't allow it.

To discuss the new format, visit the thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54387

-Tad

#2 ·
Change can be good, i liked the old forum but this looks friendlier to navigate through. I went through withdraw when the site was down!!! ;)

only thing i will say is some of the new members have to realize were like family here and the older members, myself included, have to step up and ignore ignorance and rudeness from new (and old) members on non-related posts. Ignorance of Isuzus (repair/build/ownership) is fine, we're here to help but some of the stalking/troll posts were ruffling some of the old timers feathers.

looks great Tad!!!

Ron

#3 ·
Weren't the two member's that were banned actually one in the same?

#8 ·
Tad said:
To go along with the new look, we have a new policy here at Planetisuzoo: Posts from now on will need to be constructive and nice.
Well said Tad - excellent policy.

Thank you for all the great work.

#9 ·
Tad said:
To go along with the new look, we have a new policy here at Planetisuzoo: Posts from now on will need to be constructive and nice.
In the words of Frank Burns: "It's nice to be nice to the nice."

#10 ·
BigSwede said:
Tad said:
In the words of Frank Burns: "It's nice to be nice to the nice."
It's easy to be nice to the nice.

Not so easy to be nice to the rude.

Kind of like the old axiom:

It takes skill to build a shed. Any old jackass can kick one down.

#11 ·
i kinda dig the new look. although i am trying to get used to it.

#14 ·
Selador said:
Kind of like the old axiom:
so how old can an Axiom be now? 9-10 years old? they haven't been around very long. :wink: :wink: :wink:

BTW. i too like the new format

cheers, john

#17 ·
LOL no wonder I got such friendly responses on here. I also am a member of a few other offroad forums, and I gotta say, after reading around on here the vibe seems very...relaxed. One thing I will admit that I wish the forum had would be categories for separate types of rigs, aka "first gen troopers" or "first gen rodeos". I want to buy a first, or MAYBE second gen trooper and really want to be able to read about ONLY them easily. (If anyone read my post about me buying the first gen off my cousin, he sold it to someone else for about twice what I was going to give him so yeah...now I'm on the hunt for one though idk why.) This is constructive criticism though, cool site, I dig it. Maybe I'm stupid and can't figure out how to separate them yet...

#18 ·
Thats been brought up before but many of us here like this forum specifically because it isnt divided up like that. I'm a member of several other isuzu boards (though rarely go to them anymore) where they are divided like that and you lose out on a lot of knowledge that way. People start only looking at the section of what they own. I learned a lot about all models from this forum because I see all the posts and read what looks interesting to me.

#20 ·
Great policy! Also, the "new" look is nice, though I have no idea what the old one looked like, me being new here. As regards the policy, it's definitely a must. The saying "If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it online" comes to mind, although some people would say it in person.
Anyway, I've already gotten a lot of help here, and I look forwards to getting more (and helping, eventually) :D

#21 ·
Do you have any policy in place about members "responding" to a classified ad when they have no interest in buying the vehicle? I am referring to the "response" from metalryder67 to an ad I placed yesterday for a 1986 Trooper 2 door.

I have not been on the Board in quite some time but I had some dealings and interaction with several of the older members, and I always appreciated them for their honesty, willingness to help and positive comments (especially Ron "Lowzone" and Jerry Lemond).

#23 ·
I appreciate the patience of the longtime members. I have saved hundreds this year by taking the advice of this community. I am of the opinion that to have good ideas, you must have lots of ideas.

It is a shame we even have to post rules about being nice but you guys put a lot of free time into maintaining this community, I would take it personally if my hard work and efforts were being abused or taken advantage of. Thanks for all you do

rich

#26 ·
I'm new and completely understand... The world would be a better place if everyone embraced respect! I already got a ton of info from ya'll. - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.