Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Policy

837K views 79 replies 65 participants last post by  RodeoGipsy 
#1 ·
To go along with the new look, we have a new policy here at Planetisuzoo: Posts from now on will need to be constructive and nice. Try to be on-topic too :D

If there's some question about the definition of nice, feel free to ask but you probably already know the answer. We've had two members banned recently because they were not interested in being nice. The same goes for trolling: Resist the urge as we don't allow it.

To discuss the new format, visit the thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54387

-Tad

#53 ·
As a young new Isuzu owner, any other forums I should make sure to be a part of? I have a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Hard top and am looking to put in a good amount of work on this vehicle as I plan on using it as my commuter in the near future and a mudder once I settle down and have repaid my student loans!

#56 ·
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. Just got a 2000 Trooper Limited with blown engine to rebuild. Real nice truck and am looking forward to turning wrenches. This is my first Trooper and I plan to use it as a weekend vehicle to tow the boat and general utility purposes. I am comfortable with all manner of mechanical work and this does not look to be a hugely difficult fix. I like the way the truck is put together.
Will try to keep you posted on progress.

Dale in SW Va.

#57 ·
Has the search feature been eliminated ?

#58 ·
:D I hope I can learn and build my dream rodeo with the help from this site!

#60 ·
I understand free speech and off topic. I also understand one sided rules. Please remain safe a vigilant giving sound good advice. Remember to always check your vehicle on long trips or rent a car from a reputable agency. Obey the traffic laws, they are there to save lives not take lives. Remember to keep them cars under a hundred mile per hour while driving on our streets here in America and abroad...

#61 ·
Hi to everyone. I needed help with my '99 Rodeo so I came onto this forum. I have some forum experience as I also own a '96 BMW Z3. For that, I had joined the Zroadster.org forum. I know we help other members with their questions about Z's and I thought I might get some help from here with my Isuzu. I took it to Pep Boys. The rodeo belongs to my wife. I do a lot of work on cars all my life but when her car overheated, I thought it was the thermostat and looked on U-tube to find out how to replace it. I looked at a chilton book and It showed an earlier version of the 3.2 L engine with the thermostat housing right up front. I thought "Wow, this is an easy one!!!!!!!" but when i looked at my engine, it was not the same as the pictures in the chilton book. They don't show the later engine that I have. When I looked on line, there were vids of replacing the thermostat on an engine like mine and I didn't feel I had THAT much time as I'm tied up with many things at the moment. Calling Pep Boys, they said it would cost $279.00 to replace it. When I looked at all the work that was necessary for me to do it, I decided to let them have it. They called me and said that the metal pipes under the manifold were bad and it would cost at least $500. to do the job. I read some posts with regard to replacing these. They recommended replacing other components that are under the manifold as long as you're there. Pep Boys just said that they are waiting for prices on the metal pipes. I saw, on an older post that someone named "JLAMOND" had these parts. My question to you guys is this: "Should I replace as much as I can under the manifold as long as it is removed? Would It be better to get these parts from someone on the forum instead of letting Pep Boys get them for me as I know going THAT WAY would be expensive? What to do............Frankie
Should tell you I from New Jersey near Atlantic City. Frankie

#62 ·
FRANKIE said:
What to do............Frankie
Frankie, you should probably create a "New topic" in the "Drivetrain Problems" section. That's more likely to get the attention of the right people. You've replied in regard to a "New Policy", but your post isn't really related to the new policy.

I'd help if I could, but I really can't.

Jack

#67 ·
Thanks for NEW format,,and be NICE. OK,TONY

#68 ·
New policy is good to have. I've been gone from the website for a while because I had trouble logging on, so it's nice to see the changes and logging on seems easier.
Thank you for all of the hard work to maintain the site. :D
Dougc321

#69 ·
i got a question about my 94' isuzu trooper ...was driving fine then went to leave the house problem was this...brake pedal was locked in place..brakes were not.. on the dashboard the RRANTI-LOCK came on yet my truck made not a single noise any idea on what it could be ?? the few i talked to said master cylinder...ive alrdy pulled the relay and nothing ..tomarrow im going to try to pull the brake pressure switch see what i can get there

#73 ·
Light bulb shape is pinned posts. If the icon is scrolling it is a multi page thread. If the icon is red you haven't read it. If the icon is black it has been read, or marked as read. If there is a red asterisk you commented on that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.