Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2011 Spring ISUZUwharrie ~ April 14th-17th ~ Uwharrie, NC

65K views 359 replies 50 participants last post by  TonkaToy 
#1 ·
Announcing:
The 2011 Spring ISUZUwharrie
April 13thâ€"17th
(with the Main Days being Fri. the 15th & Sat. the 16th)

As always â€" this IS NOT exclusively an Isuzu event…
We welcome ALL 4-wheel-drive fanatics, no matter what brand of vehicle you happen to drive...
(as long as you behave yourself and can play well with others! )

NO CALENDAR YET
( N/A )

News, Information, and Updates:

ATTENDANCE:

Attendees:

:thumbup: DRaider90 -- Dodge Raider
:thumbup: dman4486 -- Honda Passport
-->Plus Guest(s) -- Jeep Wrangler TJ
:thumbup: shabba -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: Ruination -- Isuzu P'up or Mitsubishi Montero
:thumbup: Smitty -- Jeep Wrangler TJ
:thumbup: reran -- Isuzu P'up
:thumbup: Paint chip -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: 88bronzetrooper -- Isuzu Trooper
-->Plus Guest(s) -- X-Terra
:thumbup: Van-- Isuzu Pickup
:thumbup: jwood1016 -- Isuzu Amigo
:thumbup: TrooperChris -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: JLEMOND -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: Smiley -- Isuzu Trooper
--> possibly with guest(s)
:thumbup: jessescott -- Isuzu Rodeo
:thumbup: Squatch -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: Polarstar -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: slainer -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: LTC Don -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: SAS -- Isuzu Trooper
:thumbup: Marlin -- Isuzu Vehicross & Isuzu Trooper RS
:thumbup: Bama Boyz -- Isuzu Variety
:thumbup: Joe Darlington -- Isuzu Fleet
:thumbup: Mad Scientist -- Mitsubishi Montero
:thumbup: Chris -- Isuzu ???
:thumbup: JohnBoyEdge -- Isuzu ???
:thumbup: mckenziedg -- Isuzu Trooper

^^^ Your Name Here ^^^

The ‘MAYBE or MAYBE NOT’ List:

:?: stratejacket_billybob
:?: ditchdoc
:?: cronk
:?: Crash
:?: justwork

The ‘No Longer Able to Attend’ List:

:sad5: 2002 Trooper4me
:sad5: 86NCTrooper2man

LODGING AT THE UNDERGROUND HOUSE AND ARROWHEAD CAMPGROUNDS
This will be the first year offering the Cabin and the Campgrounds. We have established 5 spots for camping outside the cabin. The Cabin is located less than 5 minutes from the Eldorado Outpost on River Rd. Camping at the Arrowhead Campgrounds will still be available for those not interested in the Cabin. We are trying something new, more laid back etc to help with certain issues. Consider the following at the Cabin:

- No noise limits concerns after dark. This includes campfire talks, and coming in from night runs late.

- Private Property. No Law Enforcement riding around checking tags etc.

- No Parking Issues. We can park where ever we want as long as we have room.

- Alcohol is permitted, no hiding alcohol in cups and keeping everything low key.

- A big strain off Janet that has to deal with a lot when she has large groups. With a smaller group at Arrowhead it will make things easier.

- Arrowhead has cell phone service, and the cabin has a land line. So communication is not an issue.

CABIN IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE FOR RESERVATIONS. FIRST PERSONS TO POST UP THAT WANT TO STAY GET SPOTS. IF THEY CANCEL THE NEXT PERSON POSTED GETS THAT SPOT.

Inside Cabin Spots

1 ~ Eli
2 ~ Colin
3 ~ Maggie
4 ~ Reuben
5 ~ Larry
6 ~ Larry (Guest)

Outside Cabin Camping Spots

The property owner doesn't have any issue with us having more than the 8 people as listed on the website. He just is worried about the septic system of the Cabin being able to hold up to a ton of use. So we are going to put the numbers at 10 in the Cabin, plus 5 camping spots. Considering we have approx 30-40 people attend this event. I think having almost half at the cabin is a good number.

1 ~ Smiley -- 14ft. Camper
2 ~ Brendan
3 ~ Tracy
4 ~ Chris
5 ~ OPEN
6 ~ OPEN

Reserved Campsites:

* Camping at Arrowhead will be on as usual. If someone wants to get a main site set up they are more than welcome. Keep in mind we are also working on camping at the cabin.

??? ~ ??? (Main Site)
#21 ~ Squatch
#30 ~ Van
#32 ~ JLEMOND
#33 ~ Jesse
#34 ~ Mario
#35 ~ Paintchip
#36 ~ Lowzone
#37 ~ Wayne
#39 ~ Tommy & Krew
#41 ~ Marlin
#?? ~ Polarstar

WEATHER:

COMING IN APRIL

UPDATED: N/A

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:

Trail Guides:
Haven't been on all the trails at Uwharrie? Or maybe this trip will be your first time out, here we have some basic information on the trails up at Uwharrie. (Last updated 11/06/09)

~~~~~~
~~~~~~

INFORMATION CENTER:

Find out some of the important tips to help enjoy your Uwharrie trip! Great for those new/newer to Uwharrie.

~~~~~~

THINGS TO BRING:

GROUP DINNERS:

Group Dinners are graciously provided by attendees of the trip at the main campsite(s). If you wish to bring a group dinner for a night not covered just post up the meal info and what night. Even if an exact night isn't covered by a group meal most times everyone is kind and pools misc foods together to make a hearty meal anyway (what usually happens for Breakfast and Lunch). If the group meal isn't the thing for you, your also more than welcome to cook your own favorites at your campsite (all campsites come with grill and fire pit).

MERCHANDISE:

NO MERCHANDISE YET!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATES AND INFORMATION

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial ‘event’... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities… This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#7 ·
Well, I am torn... :?

I see many of my friends posting up for the cabin however I enjoy camping at Arrowhead... :?

I doubt the wiring at the cabin is going to like my camper plugged into it along with all the other tent campers with their extension cords and space heaters... :(

So put me and Smitty down for site 35 at Arrowhead. We will have his Heep together by then and will be towing it down behind the diesel. I guess I will just be cooking for us this year since no one will be around...

#8 ·
Hey Eli,

If ya still have the room, put me up in the cabin. Thx!

Leland

#9 ·
I just noticed the cabin map.

If you look the possible camping area is across the driveway from the cabin. I am guessing you are talking about running 100' if not more of extension cord to reach from one to the other. With the type of draw a space heater requires this is likely to blow the breakers at the cabin if more than one is plugged in.

I could be wrong but it is something to consider.

#10 ·
2002trooper4me said:

I see many of my friends posting up for the cabin however I enjoy camping at Arrowhead... :?

I doubt the wiring at the cabin is going to like my camper plugged into it along with all the other tent campers with their extension cords and space heaters... :(

So put me and Smitty down for site 35 at Arrowhead. We will have his Heep together by then and will be towing it down behind the diesel. I guess I will just be cooking for us this year since no one will be around...
Mike...Just a thought but why could we not all gather at the cabin for dinner and cooking, campfire ect. I dont think the purpose of this is to pull the group apart in any way but to pull everyone together in a setting that allows for more relaxed fun with the entire group with ALL being welcome... :D I hate to think this would pull the group apart...
I really think we could work out the power issue...and the map is not really to scale (I dont think)

#11 ·
We still have 5 spots left inside the cabin. Keep in mind spots in the cabin are FREE. Donations to cover the cabin fee are welcomed but optional.

@Mike : You and Smitty staying in the cabin would solve your issue entirely. Then you don't have to even worry about bringing the camper.

Paint chip said:
Eli, can I get some more info on the underground house, price?, camping?,dates reserved .........? Thank you
Price first off. If you read the main post the price is FREE. With donations to help cover the fee optional. Think of the cabin as the new "main campsite". Its open for people to stay at free of charge, but if you feel like pitching in no one is going to stop you. If you really want to know the cost if you want to reserve it some time, its $149.99 a night. Right now we will have it reserved for Thursday Afternoon, through Sunday morning. Camping at the Cabin hasn't been hammered out yet, but we are getting the details sorted on that. If we have to I am sure we could get a generator or something if electricity became an issue. But that is all speculation until we find out what the details on camping are from the property owner.

The purpose of the cabin isn't to split up the group, if anything bring the group closer together. If you absolutely want to stay at Arrowhead, you can still hang out at the cabin. If you can make a trip to the Outpost, you can make the extra 3 minutes to the cabin. If we have to at night we will run shuttles if people are drinking and need a ride back to Arrowhead.

Cabin Highlights:

-No night time walks to the bath house
-No worrying about Law Enforcement
-No worry about parking/moving vehicles because FS/LEOs are coming through
-No worry about hiding alcohol and not getting caught with it.
-No worry about bringing fire wood, fire wood is supplied.
-No worry about packing some of the camping extras that are provided at the cabin. Like cooking stuff, canopys etc.
-No worry about the hot water at the bath house, or it turning into a sespool
-Run out of something? The Mnt. Market is a minute away, and the Outpost is only 3 minutes. Troy/Albemarle is 10-15 minutes closer also.
- ITS FREE!

#13 ·
Eli,

Just curious, but who is the mystery man? #6 is conspicuously missing from your list of who's who of cabin guests. :lol:

Leland

#14 ·
I am still up in the air about this one. I WILL be there. But, like Paintchip, I am not sure where I am camping.

I will let those who usually rough it have the beds in the cabin. I love to camp... granted I love to camp with heat more. :lol:

I will hold off on making a decision for now. I am pretty sure that we are going to end up with two groups based on the logistics of things now. You know that Jerry needs power for his camper too. I imagine Beagler will bring his popup. Ron will bring his RV assuming it is fixed and that thing can draw some power. So there are quite a few of us who like to camp comfortably who will need power.

I am curious about the distance from the camping area and the cabin and how we can manage the electrical needs of those camping. I have a generator but it is on the loud side and I don't like to run it at night. If things go well I may have a new one before the trip but that will only put out enough power for one or two small space heaters. It will be quiet though.

My camper can usually go all night on a fully charged battery so that isn't as big a concern for me. I can charge it with the generator during the day.

One way or another we will make this trip just as great as the others have been!!

#15 ·
reran said:
Eli,

Just curious, but who is the mystery man? #6 is conspicuously missing from your list of who's who of cabin guests. :lol:

Leland
The mysterman is the one that knows I can't count for crap when half asleep. Updated with correct numbering. :lol:

The cabin is meant to be something to bring people together. Inside the cabin we have seating for about 25+ people if we used every spot available. This will make it a perfect spot for group meals and hang outs/campfires. And if we can work out the outside camping, even a place for those that like to camp. The rental fee for the Cabin has been covered, so money isn't a reason not to stay.

I will be the first to admit that I never thought I would see myself in a Cabin at URE. This coming from someone that sleeps in his truck usually. All it took was the one summer trip this year and I was hooked. Not to mention everyone else that has stayed in it. And when you think about it, the Cabin is Arrowhead sized down into a house. Especially if you have an RV/Camper.

To those on the fence this is your shot to give the cabin a try with no obligation. In future trips the fee will be back to being split between the group, which ends up around the same price as a campsite at Arrowhead per person. 8)

#16 ·
2002trooper4me said:

We need to plan the trip down. I assume we will go together...

#17 ·
Hey guys put me and dad down for coming for sure and my buddy Pj again as a maybe. But as mike we dont know where we will be camping. Maybe as a suggestion if were trying new things is for the outside people to try Art Lilley. I camped with The Nissan Guys there last year and it had tons of space for parking, u were sorta back in the woods so you didnt have to worry about the rangers and could get as loud and roudy as you want. Also is fun to be just outside the mudhole to go watch stupid people at night. Oh and its FREE! I think honestly I like it better then arrowhead!

#19 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Hey guys put me and dad down for coming for sure and my buddy Pj again as a maybe. But as mike we dont know where we will be camping. Maybe as a suggestion if were trying new things is for the outside people to try Art Lilley. I camped with The Nissan Guys there last year and it had tons of space for parking, u were sorta back in the woods so you didnt have to worry about the rangers and could get as loud and roudy as you want. Also is fun to be just outside the mudhole to go watch stupid people at night. Oh and its FREE! I think honestly I like it better then arrowhead!
I like the idea of the roughing it... we can always go borrow the water at the cabin!

#21 ·
I think the cabin is a great place for the summer and winter Uwharrie rides since there aren't that many people attending... but for the spring and fall, until the logistics of everyone staying at the cabin gets worked out, Arrowhead is my choice.

The Art Lilley site sounds interesting... will have to check it out this spring.

Site #30 reserved at Arrowhead. :D

#23 ·
Put me down as a maybe....I have to talk to my CO about it. I think I might get the farthest travler award this time. 14hrs flying, then a 4hr drive. Gotta love being stationed in Egypt. Would be fun to go back there and play again with everyone.

#24 ·
Put me down as coming. No idea where I'll stay yet though.

#25 ·
TrooperChris said:
Put me down as coming. No idea where I'll stay yet though.
HEY CHRIS , IF YOU TENT CAMP YOU CAN PUT IT UP BEHIND MY TRAILER , PLENTY, LELAND USUALLY SETS UP BACK THERE BUT THERE HAS BEEN 3-4 SET UP SHOP THERE AND VAN WILL PROB HAVE ROOM ALL SO WHAT DAY ARE YOU PLANNING TO LEAVE , WE USUALLY LEAVE AROUND 9 ON THURSDAY AND GRAB BREAKFAST AT THE STATE LINE ABOUT 45 MIN WELCOME TO TAG ALONG

#26 ·
Thanks Jerry! I may take you up on that! Not sure when I'll be heading over, I have to check my school schedule first!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.