Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2010 ISUZUWharrie T-Shirt Contest - WIN A FREE SHIRT!

12K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  kiila 
#1 ·
You will have a chance at winning a 2010 ISUZUWharrie T-Shirt valued at $25. The contest is very simple, take a look at the back design of the new 2010 ISUZUWharrie T-Shirt:

FULL SIZE 2000x2000 LINK

7 of these signs/images have a Uwharrie related story behind them. Some are easy, and some are not so easy. The first person to accurately explain the story behind all 7 wins a white 2010 ISUZUWharrie T-Shirt in their size.

To get things rolling and to give everyone a freebie I will reveal the story behind one of the easy ones:

ZENO'S -> Sign : A tradition to replace the top chef comp. it is a fun filled time on Saturday eating with the group at Zeno's Italian Restaurant.

Again first one to get all 7 (note not all images have a story, only 7 of them) will win the T-Shirt to be hand delivered at ISUZUWharrie 2010.

See less See more
#3 ·

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :p :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Smiley

#4 ·
Smiley is almost giving one away, but I will leave that at that. :lol:

Don't forget you can PM me your answers if you don't want to post them publicly. I will let you know which ones you have right and which ones are wrong (or not even apart of the 7). I will also give you hints to the ones you don't have right.

So far Mike (Dogmeat) is in the lead with his first attempt, 4 out of 7.

Don't forget, you can't win if you don't even try. :twisted:

(And I will post the stories behind all the signs when the contest is over)

#5 ·
hell smileys is the easiest one and so is joe d's but i have no idea about the rest

#6 ·
Well you have a good start, 2 out of 7 (actually 3 out of 7 because of the freebie Zeno's). Since it seems people are reluctant for some reason to give this a shot I will help out a little and narrow it down to the 7 that have stories:

"Forest Service Advisory", "Low Shoulder Roads"

"NO CARBONATED BEVERAGES"

"HORSE TRAIL CROSSING"

"FIRE DANGER today is"

"ZENO'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT"

"SPEED LIMIT, RADAR ENFORCED, ARROWHEAD"

"SWAMPER LTB/TSL CLUB"

If you want to Bluebait PM me the answers to the 2 you all ready have gotten, and I will send you hints to the others. Let me stress that again, I will give you hints to the others (I give the same hints to everyone, in fairness). All you have to do is make an effort and PM me what you think the stories are.

If you think about it, one of them is pretty much self self explanatory, one had a long post about it made on here outside of the Uwharrie forums, one has been given away, and 2 of them have been talked about in Uwharrie planning threads. That only leaves 2 harder ones that people may have real trouble with. And even then you have the hints I will give to help out. I never thought there would be such a lack of interest in winning a free t-shirt.

#7 ·
Double Post:

We are at a tie so far, with only 2 people participating:

Dogmeat: 4/7
Bluebait: 4/7

Keep in mind any type of research is fair game. You could even talk to some of the people the stories are about (Smiley....Joe Darlington....).

#8 ·
We have a winner! Bluebait has 7/7. BUT I will throw in a free sticker of choice from my Cafepress shop to the runner up (2nd person to get all 7). So don't give up yet. After the runner up has found all 7, I will post the stories behind the signs. 8)

#9 ·
since it seems to be just me and bluebait, i'll forgo the sticker.
(unless you happen to have one you want to throw ... er ... give away)

"No CO2 beverages" is in reference to Cheerwine, a Carolina made soda.

Actually, it is in reference to "Cheerwine", a group of people including: Sam Adams, Jack Daniels, Jose Quervo, etc.

(which are not allow at Arrowhead or in Montgomery County in which Arrowhead exists)

--- I'll let Smiley explain "Low Shoulder Roads" since that should be his rig in the picture.

#10 ·
"Forest Service Advisory", "Low Shoulder Roads"

As Mike mentioned I will let Smiley explain this one...

"NO CARBONATED BEVERAGES"

Mike explained this one pretty well but I will elaborate. It is the official rule as mentioned that alcohol is prohibited in the National Forest and the Campgrounds. But some people would be discreet about it and keep it in red solo cups (pictured on the poster). Around the camp those drinking would use code words like "Cheerwine" as Mike summed up, and lately such as "Carbonated Beverages" and "Adult Carbonated Beverages" have been used.

"HORSE TRAIL CROSSING"

If anyone has used the upper paved route to and from Arrowhead/The Outpost you pass these "Trail Crossing" signs for the horse trails. And every time you drive by there is at least one crossing where there is horse crap all over the road. You get to play dodge the horse piles as you drive down the road.

"FIRE DANGER today is"

I would let JoeD post about this, but he doesn't post too often so I will go ahead and share. JoeD's red Storm Trooper had a thing about leaking transmission fluid I think it was and catching on fire. At one point it caught on fire with a guy leaking gas behind him. And then it even was on fire coming through the campgrounds. Then he at one point parked it in front of the bathhouse where that exact fire danger sign is, and someone took a picture of it. So hence the Isuzu logo on the danger level 5, and "Only you JoeD can prevent forest fires".

"ZENO'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT"

Group dinners have always been a key part of the Isuzuwharrie/Hallowharrie trips. There used to be Iron Chef competitions, but it was time consuming and costly so the Zeno's Italian Restaurant tradition was created. So every Saturday night everyone would go eat at Zeno's.

"SPEED LIMIT, RADAR ENFORCED, ARROWHEAD"

The speed limit of course at Arrowhead is 10mph. Janet the campground host was given a toy radar gun that has been tweaked to take correct readings. Since some people go flying through the campgrounds she keeps it with her to clock speeders.

"SWAMPER LTB/TSL CLUB"

Over the years more and more of the Isuzu group have been buying the 34x10.5 Super Swamper LTBs. Right now Lorenzo, Joe Darlington, and Peter are the members of the club. I threw 34x9.5 just to include to Swampers I run, but in reality the true club is the 34x10.5 LTB guys.

Here are the non-related stories behind the other signs:

"Designated Vehicle Route"

Out west the forest service uses trail information signs. I based my design on the one used by the forest service to create one for the Daniel Trail. As many know the most infamous of the trails, due to its extreme difficulty rating.

"PLNTISUZO"

I had taken all the time to get the license plate font, the North Carolina font, and the kitty hawk flight scene set up to make a NC License plate for a t-shirt design contest that flopped. So I figured I would make a neat PlanetIsuzoo license plate, putting all that research time etc to good use.

"BEYOND THIS POINT"

Also out west on the longer trails there is a similar "Beyond this Point sign". It reads:

"The trail goes from moderate to difficult. Vehicle body/mechanical damage is likely. Please don't exceed your limitations. Please park in provided areas. Minimum Tow Truck service beyond this point $500."

So I created one for the Rocky Mnt Loop trail, and tried to add a little bit of humor to it.

"THIS SIDE UP"

Just a funny sticker I came up with related to wheeling rollovers. Some can say it was also inspired by smiley, lol.

#11 ·
OK, OK, enough prodding already… in 50 words or less, here’s what happened:

`Twas backing up on 597 (an illegal act, as I later found out), when my passenger-side rear tire found a slight irregularity in the shoulder â€" an irregularity that quickly dropped directly into a 10-foot-deep ravine â€" pulling me in, whereupon I summarily went arse-over-teakettle, instantly transforming my Rodeo into a Rolled-eo.

:oops:

Cheers!
Smiley

#12 ·
Since the contest is over, here is the un-veiling of the front design. Like last year there is a more classic type design, and a little bit more flashy/detailed version.

Classic First:

Full Size 2000x2000 Image

Rock Face Second:

Full Size 2000x2000 Image

Some may notice some familiar designs here, but they have all be revamped!

First off the old TSL design that I used in the shirts/calendars vs the new revamped one:

The rock Isuzu logo has been modified to look a little bit smoother for this shirt. And of course the official Isuzu font was used, and the National Forest Font also.

#13 ·
we should put something of remembrance at the spot :D
i like the shirt, both designs are really really good, by the way whats gonna be on the back???

#14 ·
DRaider90 said:
You will have a chance at winning a 2010 ISUZUWharrie T-Shirt valued at $25. The contest is very simple, take a look at the back design of the new 2010 ISUZUWharrie T-Shirt:

FULL SIZE 2000x2000 LINK

#15 ·
oh :oops: i do apologize

#16 ·
DogMeat said:
--- I'll let Smiley explain "Low Shoulder Roads" since that should be his rig in the picture.
That is his rig in the picture......... :lol: :lol: Sorry Smiley,,,, I know the feeling though been there done that and don't want to do it again......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.