Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Last Run URE 09 ~ Dec. 11th - Dec. 13th

12K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  88toy4x4 
#1 ·
Last Run URE 2009

Friday, December 11th through Sunday, December 13th.
(with the Main Day being Saturday)

As always â€" this last run of the season IS NOT exclusively an Isuzu event…
We welcome ALL 4-wheel-drive fanatics, no matter what brand of vehicle you happen to drive...
(as long as you behave yourself and can play well with others! )

(Peter on the Wolfs Den Exit Last Run URE '08 )

News, Information, and Updates:

ATTENDANCE:

Attendees:

:reindeer: DRaider90 -- Dodge Raider (Sat)
:reindeer: TavernDog -- 3 Door Trooper (???)
:reindeer: Ditchdoc -- Rodeo Red (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
:reindeer: FTen -- Isuzu Trooper (Fri/Sat/Sun)
:reindeer: Joe Darlington -- One of the Isuzu Fleet (Fri/Sat/Sun)
:reindeer: Van -- Isuzu P'up(Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
:reindeer: lorenzo816 -- Isuzu Rodeo (???)
:reindeer: NCDWrench -- Mitsubishi Montero (Sat/Sun)
^^^ Your Name Here ^^^

The ‘MAYBE or MAYBE NOT’ List:
:tard: Sand Hill Raider
:tard: Smiley
:tard: jwood1016

The ‘No Longer Able to Attend’ List:
:sad5: No One Yet

Reserved Campsites:

27: FTen (Main Site)
- JoeD
26: Peter & Crew
- Van
45: Jay & Kurt (Mitsubishi Guys)
- Co-workers/Friends

* Being this is a smaller trip it will only take a few main campsites to fit everyone. But we will see...

Last Updated: 12/09/09

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATES AND INFORMATION

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial ‘event’... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities… This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#29 ·
ok right now im a very strong maybe......like 93.5%. since i live in florida i might just throw on my michelin street tires and borrow a small trailer for my muddies.

ive never been before can you give me details about where to meet and where i would be staying for the nights.....just anything that i might need to know....thanks! And if i do go i would stay all three days.

#30 ·
You will want to make the Eldorado Outpost your first stop.

4021 NC Hwy 109 N
Eldorado, NC 27371

While you are there I would grab trail passes for the days you plan to wheel for starters. They can post date trail passes, so get all the ones you need. I would fill up on gas, and grab a trail map (they should give you one when you buy your trail passes). That is of course if you opt not to print out the trail map we have provided in the initial post in this thread. I would air down in the parking lot while still at the outpost. They have graded the roads recently, but it will still help with the bumpy ride to the trails/campgrounds.

Then head on over to the Arrowhead Campgrounds. This is where we stay for the weekend. There are hotels within a 20-30 minute drive of the area if you don't want to stay at the campgrounds. The reservation info/link for the campgrounds is in the initial post. A lot of the campsites have electricity, there is a bath/shower house, and water sources so I would highly consider staying at the campgrounds.

Make sure to bring:

Firewood/Winter Clothing/Or even electric heater. It gets fairly cold out there.

Fold out chair, being limited to sitting on the picnic benches isn't fun.

Tarp/Easy up in case it rains (and rope to tie up tarp).

White/Clear Christmas lights/icicle lights. You can bring multi-colored if you wish, but the idea is to provide lighting for your campsite at night. This is a very effective way to provide cheap/easy lighting (don't forget extension cords etc). And don't forget a flash light for trips between campsites and trips to the bathhouse at night.

Shower shoes/flip flops. The bath house is sanitary but you want to use common sense and wear some shower foot wear (that is if you plan to shower).

Cooler with drinks/water and enough food/snacks for the weekend.

Vehicle Fluids, Oil, Coolant, etc. Tow Strap is a good idea to have, and any other tools/spare parts.

All other basic camping needs.

#32 ·
Alrighty, Change of plans........ I'll be arriving Thursday....... Gonna make it a long weekend 8) 8) I've got site 26 reserved Thurs-sat now... Van will be sharing the site with me......

#34 ·
Glad to know it won't be raining, but it will be wet out their anyway.

I have Friday/Saturday off from my work, so I could technically leave Thursday night and stay till Saturday afternoon/night. But I have vivid memories of camping out during the 2006 Last Run trip and freezing my *** off. So as of right now I still plan on showing up Saturday morning around 9-9:30am and leaving around 4:30pm (considering it gets dark shortly after 5pm anyway).

And the countdown map plus campgrounds map have been updated. For some reason it doesn't seem like there will be many people out there this weekend. Unless everyone is just waiting till the last minute to reserve campsites.

#36 ·
DRaider90 said:
I have Friday/Saturday off from my work, so I could technically leave Thursday night and stay till Saturday afternoon/night. But I have vivid memories of camping out during the 2006 Last Run trip and freezing my a-- off. So as of right now I still plan on showing up Saturday morning around 9-9:30am and leaving around 4:30pm (considering it gets dark shortly after 5pm anyway).
Eli, suck it up and come on down Friday :) bring an extension cord & heater and all will be fine :wink:

#37 ·
Van said:
Forgot to ask if anyone knows what the policy on cutting wood with a chainsaw at Uwharrie is?

Van
from what I know:
"down and dead"
but check w/ Janet when you get to camp.

I know, from a few "volunteer cleanup day" runs, those that used the chainsaw {to clean up the trail} needed proper training, paper work to show said proper training, and safety equipment.
but.... that was for when you are on "their time".
{AFAIK - the "forest" gets "credits" for volunteers. the more "credits", the more $$$ they get from our tax dollars to help maintain the trails.}

BTW, there might be a "you bring it, you burn it" rule.
ie any wood you bring, you must burn. (unknown if 'or take home' can apply)
rule was design to prevent tree disease propagation.

#38 ·
Ditchdoc said:
DRaider90 said:
I have Friday/Saturday off from my work, so I could technically leave Thursday night and stay till Saturday afternoon/night. But I have vivid memories of camping out during the 2006 Last Run trip and freezing my a-- off. So as of right now I still plan on showing up Saturday morning around 9-9:30am and leaving around 4:30pm (considering it gets dark shortly after 5pm anyway).
Eli, suck it up and come on down Friday :) bring an extension cord & heater and all will be fine :wink:
X2 ... I'm bringing the RV and a few extensions cords LOL ... you'll have a place to plug in a small electric heater :p Shoot I can even bring a couple tents if needed ....

#39 ·
Know what ... was just sitting here thinking about it and I will throw my tents in the basements storage ... 2 big cabin style tents ... sleep 3 or 4 per ... 2 adults real comfortably with room to spare ... can even stand up in them ... maybe just bend your head a little if your a jolly green giant :)

#40 ·
Ditchdoc said:
... bring an extension cord & heater and all will be fine :wink:
There might be a fight on who gets to use their extension cord first. :lol:

Eli, bring 4 AA batteries with you. :D

Almost done packing after redoing the bathroom and gettin' the Christmas decorations down from the attic... (gotta keep momma happy before I leave). :lol:

Van

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.