95.5-00 Trooper Keyless Entry Programming

Here are all of the best threads. Alert an admin to nominate a thread

Moderator: Staff

Postby Skadic333 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:57 am

Can anyone verify that this will work with the box in my 99 passport? Ive tried the other steps i cant seem to get it to work
99' Passport, General Grabber AT2's, 2'' lift, KC lights, CB, and some stickers. Gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIrFUTc ... re=related

"Because there's more to life then the daily commute."
Skadic333
Mud King

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 1998 Trooper Keyless Remote Programed... Sucessfully!!!

Postby jhammons01 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Texasbudman wrote:And I did the hokey pokey...

Best description for the procedure.....just reading the procedure sounds like a Candid Camera skit.....someone needs to film some poor Trooper owner trying to do this....the one second intervals has to be the kicker!!!!
jhammons01
Drives on Gravel

Remote Keyless entry

Postby keltrone » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Remote keyless entry becomes popular these days because it is convenient to use due to its automatically locking and unlocking car door system. And the most important feature of this product is its protection against theft. Some times Keyless entry doesn’t even need your hand because it is equipped with a central locking system, wherein the drivers wear a system badge which broadcast a signal recognized by the system that automatically unlock the doors when the driver approaches the car and automatically locking when the drivers move away.

keyless entry
keltrone
Drives on Pavement

Postby MEphenSean » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:32 pm

I've never been able to program a remote for my 95 Trooper Limited, despite following the instructions atop this thread. (Is bumping this thread okay, or prefered to starting a new one?) It has the box under the dash behind the little removable panel on the left, though the previous owner said he did not have a remote to give me. I purchased an Isuzu remote, supposedly from a 95 Trooper, and an aftermarket remote for a 95 Trooper. Neither seem to work, and something is not adding up.

Maybe this is it:
perhaps my "1995 Trooper" is a 1995.5 model? How can you tell? Are there other significant differences between 95s and 95.5s I should be aware of? The keyless box has a yellow button in the center, accesible from the little panel with a long screwdriver. I'm thinking I should ditch these remotes and get one listed for 96-97 Troopers. The Isuzu one I have is rectangular, with 4 buttons, FCC ID G57ITX318. Can anyone tell me if a later remote is likely to be what I need, or what it looks like? Two buttons and a more rounded shape? Sorry, I just don't want to go blowing another $30-$40 if the control box is hosed or something. The horn does beep and I hear some clicks when it enters what is presumably the program mode.

Thanks for any clue here.
Sean
1995 Trooper Limited
MEphenSean
Drives on Gravel

Re: 95.5-00 Trooper Keyless Entry Programming

Postby Tylerandtony » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Is this box also located in the same place for a 2001 Rodeo?
[URL=http://s864.photobucket.com/user/heidiswizkids/media/IMG_3718_zpsmewn65lo.jpg.html]
Tylerandtony
Drives on Gravel

Re:

Postby erick3tc » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Cali_drvr78 wrote:I just bought a 99 Trooper and replaced the batteries on the remote. If I press the lock button it chirps for about 5 seconds and does nothing. If I press the unlock button it does absolutely nothing but the panic button works. I tried what the first poster says and it wont work. On the ign. switch it has "lock, off, ACC, and ON" is there another step I am missing...please help.

Exactly the same to yours is happening to me, did you solve it?
erick3tc
Drives on Pavement

Re: 95.5-00 Trooper Keyless Entry Programming

Postby Tylerandtony » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:33 am

I brought my '01 Rodeo to now 4 different places and they still couldn't figure mine out. They have also changed out several modules too, under the steering wheel, under the glove box, and nothing.
We've done the programming as stated here, and also the other shops tried to reprogram it too.

So, I gave up and will be getting a new remote start which I had installed 10yrs ago.
Nothing works with the factory key fob as of now. No panic, no unlocking of doors, no locking of doors.
Very frustrating.
[URL=http://s864.photobucket.com/user/heidiswizkids/media/IMG_3718_zpsmewn65lo.jpg.html]
Tylerandtony
Drives on Gravel

Previous

Return to Hall of Fame