Isuzu SUV Forum banner

285/75 vs. 305/70

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  96TrooperSE 
#1 ·
I have an 03 Isuzu rodeo lifted 3' on snowflakes. My tires have worn down insanely due to bad alignment. It's time for some new bigger tires. I'm for sure going with some AT's. I really need some help on whether to get 285 or 305. I need the most aggressive longest lasting at' s there. I'm looking to spend tops $900. I had bfg's at's.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You're going to have to trim some for a 33" with only a 3" lift, keep that in mind. I've got 5.5" of lift and my 305s still rub. I don't believe in cutting fenders, looks like crap, IMO.

I can't tell what rims you have in the pic, but if you run stock width and backspace you can get away with 285s.

#3 ·
black98rodeo said:
You're going to have to trim some for a 33" with only a 3" lift, keep that in mind. I've got 5.5" of lift and my 305s still rub. I don't believe in cutting fenders, looks like crap, IMO.

I can't tell what rims you have in the pic, but if you run stock width and backspace you can get away with 285s.
I have snowflakes. I'm thinking 285/75 in either the same tires I have now (bfg rugged terrains) or bfg at's ko. Which tire is better?

#4 ·
BFG KOs have excellent reviews, wear extremely well and last forever. My brother has some 35s on his HD and they look brand new after at least 10k miles.

It's all about personal preference, but if you plan on offroading I would go with the KO.

#5 ·
I have 305/70 on my 98 rodeo, it rubs slightly, drives good and looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.