New Policy

What fits and What performs

Moderator: Staff

Re: New Policy

Postby nujac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Nice to see that you are controlling the folks that like to beat up others over the WEB. There are forums that I use to enjoy and they had lots of hits. But once the WEB tough guys took over the forums lost a lot of their followers and went to other sights for there info. The last think most people want to do after a hard day at work is to fire up their computer at home and get beat up over some little thing.

Thanks for keeping up with the times.
nujac
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 1 time

Sponsor

Postby gosal » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 pm

hi everyone there :lol:
iam from the Vancouver island in Canada .I posses a96 trooper it was my first car in Canada before that I had an isuzu Gemini in india simply love the brand so reliable and affordable
gosal
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby mpdetloff66 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:50 pm

As a young new Isuzu owner, any other forums I should make sure to be a part of? I have a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Hard top and am looking to put in a good amount of work on this vehicle as I plan on using it as my commuter in the near future and a mudder once I settle down and have repaid my student loans!
mpdetloff66
Drives on Dirt

Postby antonius831 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi all my name is Anthony, I just bought a 2001 Rodeo LSE 4x4 just wanted to get some feedback from those who have owned one or presently own one and their opinion on the vehicle, thanks
antonius831
Drives on Pavement

Postby isuzutrooper1989 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:16 am

Understood ,Love the site some grate idea's thanks to all!!!!
isuzutrooper1989
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby DOK57 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 am

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. Just got a 2000 Trooper Limited with blown engine to rebuild. Real nice truck and am looking forward to turning wrenches. This is my first Trooper and I plan to use it as a weekend vehicle to tow the boat and general utility purposes. I am comfortable with all manner of mechanical work and this does not look to be a hugely difficult fix. I like the way the truck is put together.
Will try to keep you posted on progress.

Dale in SW Va.
DOK57
Drives on Pavement

Postby trprluvr » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Has the search feature been eliminated ?
1999 Trooper, 168,000 miles, I luv this Trooper ! Use it for hunting and 70 mile round trip to work every day. 2005 F-350 Superduty 4X4 Supercab W/6 Liter Diesel. LSD rear end and short bed, single wheels on back. Manual locking hubs, manual windows, and door locks...no carpet :) Warn 9500i winch. I love this truck yall !!!
trprluvr
Trail Rider

Postby muddingrodeo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 pm

:D I hope I can learn and build my dream rodeo with the help from this site!
muddingrodeo
Drives on Pavement

Postby wbuz5707 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:56 pm

good policy, keep up the good work Thanks
wbuz5707
Drives on Pavement

Postby brianw4brian » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:46 am

I understand free speech and off topic. I also understand one sided rules. Please remain safe a vigilant giving sound good advice. Remember to always check your vehicle on long trips or rent a car from a reputable agency. Obey the traffic laws, they are there to save lives not take lives. Remember to keep them cars under a hundred mile per hour while driving on our streets here in America and abroad...
brianw4brian
Drives on Pavement

Under intake manifold leak

Postby FRANKIE » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi to everyone. I needed help with my '99 Rodeo so I came onto this forum. I have some forum experience as I also own a '96 BMW Z3. For that, I had joined the Zroadster.org forum. I know we help other members with their questions about Z's and I thought I might get some help from here with my Isuzu. I took it to Pep Boys. The rodeo belongs to my wife. I do a lot of work on cars all my life but when her car overheated, I thought it was the thermostat and looked on U-tube to find out how to replace it. I looked at a chilton book and It showed an earlier version of the 3.2 L engine with the thermostat housing right up front. I thought "Wow, this is an easy one!!!!!!!" but when i looked at my engine, it was not the same as the pictures in the chilton book. They don't show the later engine that I have. When I looked on line, there were vids of replacing the thermostat on an engine like mine and I didn't feel I had THAT much time as I'm tied up with many things at the moment. Calling Pep Boys, they said it would cost $279.00 to replace it. When I looked at all the work that was necessary for me to do it, I decided to let them have it. They called me and said that the metal pipes under the manifold were bad and it would cost at least $500. to do the job. I read some posts with regard to replacing these. They recommended replacing other components that are under the manifold as long as you're there. Pep Boys just said that they are waiting for prices on the metal pipes. I saw, on an older post that someone named "JLAMOND" had these parts. My question to you guys is this: "Should I replace as much as I can under the manifold as long as it is removed? Would It be better to get these parts from someone on the forum instead of letting Pep Boys get them for me as I know going THAT WAY would be expensive? What to do............Frankie
Should tell you I from New Jersey near Atlantic City. Frankie
FRANKIE
Drives on Pavement

Re: Under intake manifold leak

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:32 pm

FRANKIE wrote:What to do............Frankie

Frankie, you should probably create a "New topic" in the "Drivetrain Problems" section. That's more likely to get the attention of the right people. You've replied in regard to a "New Policy", but your post isn't really related to the new policy.

I'd help if I could, but I really can't.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 72 times

Postby brianw4brian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

as long as this forum will not be used against us at a furhter date. I have an issue with our forth amendement and our 1st amendment. I hope that this forum hasn't an ax to grind against those right of mine. anyway wish you the best in your endeavor. One right at a time..
brianw4brian
Drives on Pavement

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:45 pm

brianw4brian wrote:I have an issue with our forth amendement...

Every fragment of OCD in me is screaming to get out. Must. Not. Escape. :shock:

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 72 times

Postby 1991Casper » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 pm

I lurked for a few days trying to figure out whether I should sign up. Seeing this policy is a real positive.

so..thank you. :)
1991Casper
Drives in Mud

Postby saxon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:28 pm

new guy from Springfield Oregon read and understood
saxon
Drives on Pavement

Postby totten » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Thanks for NEW format,,and be NICE. OK,TONY
2004 rodeo 4x4,3.2,auto Calmini 3" lift, Zone 2" Body Lift, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Revos. Cobra 29LTD CB,Transmission cooler,Functional hood scoop,Skyjacker shocks 8000,Swaybars removed.
totten
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 70 times

Postby dougc321 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:59 pm

New policy is good to have. I've been gone from the website for a while because I had trouble logging on, so it's nice to see the changes and logging on seems easier.
Thank you for all of the hard work to maintain the site. :D
Dougc321
DougC
1990 Trooper II LS 2.8L V6
5 Dr, White, Used as RV Towed
All original, except radio
dougc321
Drives on Pavement

Postby kevin_ross_jackson » Tue May 03, 2016 8:53 pm

i got a question about my 94' isuzu trooper ...was driving fine then went to leave the house problem was this...brake pedal was locked in place..brakes were not.. on the dashboard the RRANTI-LOCK came on yet my truck made not a single noise any idea on what it could be ?? the few i talked to said master cylinder...ive alrdy pulled the relay and nothing ..tomarrow im going to try to pull the brake pressure switch see what i can get there
kevin_ross_jackson
Drives on Pavement

Postby zephyrDave » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:32 am

Tad, How will I know when my questions and comments are posted? I'v never been on one of these sites before... don't know much about it, but do need some help, and was recommended to you
zephyrDave
Drives on Pavement

Postby zephyrDave » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Tad,
What do the icons mean... light bulb, scrolling red, stationary black, others? Where is the legend?
zephyrDave
Drives on Pavement

Postby mustanger999 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Light bulb shape is pinned posts. If the icon is scrolling it is a multi page thread. If the icon is red you haven't read it. If the icon is black it has been read, or marked as read. If there is a red asterisk you commented on that thread.
Truth. The pill that everyone wants, but cant seem to swallow.

Planetisuzoo/Isuzu FB Groups Member map

'89 Trooper RS, 2.6 5spd, Smittybilt rear bumper Sort of build thread

'89 Trooper: 2.6 5spd, Weber 32/36, Round eye swap, 3" body lift, Sliders, Auto-Meter center cluster, Hand throttle. Build thread

SOLD '93 pickup: 2.6 mfi, 4x4, 5spd, Passport Bucket Seats, Intermittent wiper added. Build Thread: forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=72720&p=639130#p639130
mustanger999
Trail Master

Have thanks: 79 times

Postby JimmyB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Good Afternoon

I created my sign on credentials and posted new topic asking question about Trooper engine replacement for my 2001 Trooper. How long before my post is added to population?
JimmyB
Drives on Pavement

Previous

Return to Wheels & Tires