2000 Rodeo LS 4WD Build Thread

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: 2000 Rodeo LS 4WD Build Thread

Postby Rodeo814 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am

So I decided to make myself a camping/utility table out of the tailgate door. I seen a lot being sold for jeeps and stuff. So I made my own. I must say this project took like 2 months to complete. I only had sundays to work on it and spent most of the time waiting for paint to dry. Lol

All in all I am happy with the way it came out. It took longer than expected but oh well.

Material: 1/2" Plywood, Nylon straps, aluminum angle, bed armor spray paint.

Before mod

Measured out the interior panel and cut two pieces of plywood to match and fit. Had to round off the edges to fit the mold

First I had decided to use cable wire to hold the table up but I did not like how stiff it was when the table was closed.

Next I cleaned up the tailgate door. To bolt the table to the door I used 4 existing holes that were already treaded.

After adding the aluminum angle I had to spray paint to retouch.

I decided to use nylon straps that I got from Ace Hardware because when I closed the table the fold perfectly inside the table. I first did a few coats of bed liner then finished with some shellac.

Table getting a little light use.
2000 Rodeo 4WD 3.2 V6 (126K)
4.10 Gears factory LSD
OME 912 springs, Rancho9000XL shocks, HD torsion bars, HD lower links, Calmini Upper Control arms
Joe Darlington's Bent Link
Hankook Dynapro ATM P255/70R16
Yakima Road Warrior Rack
Rodeo814
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Postby Rodeo814 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:33 am

Got my 4.77 gears from egagnon086 a couple weeks ago. Once those 285/75/16 BFG KO2 went on I really felt a loss of power. My last trip to Big Bear left me barely getting up the hill. My rodeo felt super sluggish. I am excited to see where these gears will put me once installed.

Spent some time stripping and cleaning up the third member. Install will start once I decide on what locker will be added to the rear.

Out the box:

Applied some Loctite rust dissolver to get rid of the rust.

Primered and painted
2000 Rodeo 4WD 3.2 V6 (126K)
4.10 Gears factory LSD
OME 912 springs, Rancho9000XL shocks, HD torsion bars, HD lower links, Calmini Upper Control arms
Joe Darlington's Bent Link
Hankook Dynapro ATM P255/70R16
Yakima Road Warrior Rack
Rodeo814
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby ZuminaZX » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Awesome table. I I have wanted to do something similar for a while now but my tailgate is so high it wouldn't be very usable. You might consider adding a few more anchor points by drilling the sheet metal and install rivnuts. I was looking at this aluminum JK table with slide out cutting board/extra shelf
https://jeep.rebeloffroad.com/product-p ... lgater.htm
2004 Rodeo 3.5 DI
ZuminaZX
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 22 times

Previous

Return to Member's Rides