Ghandi's 93 Trooper LS EXPO

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: Ghandi's 93 Trooper LS EXPO

Postby Ed Mc. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 pm

akghandi wrote:well crap.. the clutch release bearing decided it didn't like its home in the clutch diaphragm.

It's a known thing for these pull-type clutches to have the bearing pop out of the clutch fingers.

When you install a replacement clutch, make sure it's an Exedy, Daikin, or LUK. The bargain-basement clutches are notorious for this problem.

Probably a good idea to replace the crankshaft rear main seal while you're in there, also the input shaft pilot bearing in the end of the crank.

Hey, at least you got it cheap, you'll know exactly what's in it when you're done!

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/isuz ... h+kit,1993

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/isuz ... wheel,5348

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/isuz ... aring,1964

https://www.isuzupartscenter.com/parts/ ... eid=216496

G'luck with the repair.........ed
'90 3.4 Troop LS;
'89 Troop RS (Exhaust Valve Challenged), now gone to a Good Home!
Yes, I am a Trooper-Holic!!!
Keep On Troopin' !
Ed Mc.
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 211 times

Sponsor

Postby akghandi » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:19 am

I found a luk clutch for a good price. I just have to wait a bit. Oh well I knew I would have to do a clutch job at some point. the words "the kid I got it from replaced the clutch" told me all I needed to know.
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby akghandi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:11 am

clutch finally showed up. I ended up buying a Bahnhof HD clutch. no idea how it will work but everything looks correct, and its supposedly rated to 335 hp/295ftlbs http://www.ebay.com/itm/162252557576

Some time in the next week or so I'll pull the clutch
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Postby akghandi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Well I finally did the clutch, everything went really well and it took only about 5 hours. It helps that literally every other bolt was loose but still, could have been worse.

New issue, I need a new transmission mount now. anyone know a place to find one? I have found one option on amazon but they dont ship to Alaska.
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Postby BigSwede » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Joe Darlington makes them.
95 Trooper LS - 4" lift, 35" tires, 5.38 gears, ARB lockers
Indy4x Revolution 3.07:1 low range gears, Indy4x HD tie rods, homemade sway bar disconnects, Calmini HD sway bars, Darlington diff drop, OME 929 coil springs + 1" poly spacers and 1" body lift, Indy4x HD torsion bars, Indy4x HD rear axle links, Indy4x Kevlar brake lines, ARB bullbar, custom rear bumper with swing-out dual jerry can carrier, rock sliders, Sears Platinum Group 31 battery, ARB mini-compressor, Indy4x kevlar air lines, Warn M8000 winch, Blue Sea 6006 winch cutoff switch, Yaesu FT-1900R 2-meter ham radio, Larsen MHW-150C 1/2 wave antenna, Cobra 18WXST CB radio, Firestik II CB antenna, IPF driving lights, generic fog lights, two (2) Blue Sea auxiliary fuse panels, sleeping platform, and outofrshell Dave's custom 1" shifter extension. (I actually typed this list as a joke but people seem to like it.)
BigSwede
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 254 times

Postby akghandi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 am

There has been a few minor changes to the truck

Got some new front shocks, Skyjacker M9552. So far they are pretty good, man this truck can lean, I swear I could scrape the mirrors. Only thing I had to do was trim the lower shock bushing sleeve about 1/4" and then trim either side of the bushing about 1/8".

I put some grade A Chinesium Hubs on. They should hold me over till I find Some Asisn's. To their credit these hubs seem to be made well enough, no idea on material strength though.

I also did eventually find a Trans mount, cost me $80 but I got it, and installed it already. much smoother down the road now.

Next up will be some more maintenance.

Things it needs: new c/v boots on both sides, Valve cover gaskets, exhaust work, and a radiator. Plus the HD tie rods and new lower BJs I didnt install last time.
I have most of the parts already, I just dont have the time.

After that It will be time for new tires and Alignment.

Still undecided on what size and brand tire I want. But I know it want something a bit bigger than a 33 but not a 35. 295/75r16 have caught my eye. Also 255/85r16.. and then the 34/9r16 tsl narrow. I would like narrower tires.
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Postby akghandi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:05 am

Got me a craptacular Horror frought 90amp flux core welder. Should have the ghetto exhaust situation sorted soon.
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Postby akghandi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 pm

WELL it has been an eventful few weeks.

I have been quite busy with the trooper.

I dont have many pics because well it was cold and im lazy.

First thing, I finally put most of an exhaust on the truck. much much quieter.

And yesterday I bought a whole parts truck, thats the same color!!!!!!!

so this

is now this!

I also got all the window switches and door lock actuators and door latches to make everything work like it should.

I even got the rear hatch inside door handle set up. will come in very handy when I'm sleeping back there.

Finally a set of 2" wheel spacers and some new shoes are on order. I went with BFG KO2s in 295/75r16
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Postby akghandi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:00 am

Got quite a bit done in the last few days.

Installed some HD tie rods to handle the force of the larger tires.

295/75R16 BFG ATKO2 on factory wheels. it has 265/75R16 in this pic.

They tuck pretty good. lots of clearance.

Got an alignment and did a few tune up items. I bought a set of NGK spark plug wires and matching copper core plugs. Made a really big difference.

I dont have any pics of it setting level but I'll get some to post.
akghandi
Drives on Gravel

Previous

Return to Member's Rides