Jim's new ride 97 Isuzu Rodeo

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: Jim's new ride 97 Isuzu Rodeo

Postby PPCLI-JIM » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:31 am

SOOOO anywway I decided i needed to re-aim my whooopie lights as i call em, so I went to pull my bumper off so I could put the lights on a plate so they could rotate more allowing a higher aim point. While doing this My trusty battery powered impact wrench decided to strip the welded nuts off the frame. Well crap. :oops: not to much too resolve a few grade 8 1/2 " nuts and bolts fortunately you can grab the nut with a pair of vise grips TM or whatever.Now ive had it on and off a few times I am seriously thinking of building a bumper front and rear for the Princess. this would allow me to add my winch from Christine and also change my approach angle on the back end along with putting a 2 " receiver tube for the back end getting rid of the wheenie little 1 1/2" one that hangs too low drags too often and would raise it. so it raises issues of the rear plate where to relocate it to? if i am gonna redo the back bumper im gonna make a swing gate on it that I an mount a MFC and a high lift jack. I was thinking of an old samurai axle that i have here from the weasel build as my base shaft then i have some 2 " schedule 80 tubing that i could use as the outer shaft. Ive got a few feet of 1.5" square tubing that i can use as my frame 10 feet or so. now to find a few axial load bearings.. aka tapered pin roller bearings and some 1/4 inch plate need a few square feet of that too. well any ideas before i start cutting metal for the front i was thinkng of this

for the back end im not really firm yet its a soft plan kinda like the soft skull i have
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its a small amount of fuel , but it's a whole lot of walking..Note from my Dad
97 Rodeo AKA the Pavement Princess.Maybe ill just keep it fairly stock but more capable ... viewtopic.php?f=15&t=86504 My 88 Trooper II viewtopic.php?f=15&t=85416
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
PPCLI-JIM
Super Trooper

Have thanks: 10 times

Sponsor

Postby PPCLI-JIM » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Well as its winter a few of my friends have decided that they need firewood . well yesterday I get a call ... Can you please come rescue me?... so I saddle up and drive out .. well its a 1 ton diesel ford that doesnt want to play fuel pump dead batteries etc etc . fack.. oh yea fresh snow about a foot of it good thing i spent a day earlier working on the chains :D Back we go tomorrow with a new electric fuel pump ... :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
97 Rodeo AKA the Pavement Princess.Maybe ill just keep it fairly stock but more capable ... viewtopic.php?f=15&t=86504 My 88 Trooper II viewtopic.php?f=15&t=85416
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
PPCLI-JIM
Super Trooper

Postby PPCLI-JIM » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:28 pm

went out today and installed a electric fuel pump in the dreaded ford and now we are getting fuel but even after leaving the jumpers on the boat anchor for an hour when he hits his starter my rodeo fails to keep up looks like this summer im gonna try to install a cs130 one wire GM alternator in this thing
PPCLI-JIM
Super Trooper

Postby RickP » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 pm

PPCLI-JIM wrote:went out today and installed a electric fuel pump in the dreaded ford and now we are getting fuel but even after leaving the jumpers on the boat anchor for an hour when he hits his starter my rodeo fails to keep up looks like this summer im gonna try to install a cs130 one wire GM alternator in this thing

I wouldn't attempt to jump start a diesel with a vehicle with one small single battery. Years back, I had a Ford diesel van and I left the headlights on at a customers house, but didn't realize it until the end of the day and my battery was dead. She jump started me with her Cadillac SUV. The next day she called and her alternator had failed. I felt horrible, but luckily it was only a year old and under warranty.
RickP
Has a Trail Truck

Have thanks: 26 times

Postby Beamer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 pm

keep us posted on the alternator upgrade. I want to do something similar.
94 Rodeo, 115k on odo. 4x4, 5spd.
Changes; Indy4x HD torsion bars, OME springs, indy4x shackles, Indy4x ball joint flip/spacers, Warn hubs, sway bar bushings. New polyurethane boots for ball joints, and Mecatech boots for CV joints. Shock post extensions, shock boots, low profile bump stops.
BFG AT KO2 285/75/16, alloy wheels.
Regeared to 456, and front Lokka locker
Build thread; viewtopic.php?f=15&t=85242&p=753729#p753729
Beamer
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby PPCLI-JIM » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 am

it will be a spring summer thing unless my alternator dies before then. so far no damage has appeared on my alt system so far :shock: but yes that was the only time that will happen. I see no reason to be rolling around on the frozen earth unless I'm forced to mearly putting the chains on is enough for this old timer... :oops:
PPCLI-JIM
Super Trooper

Postby PPCLI-JIM » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Victory 5 days !!!!!!thats all it to :P ok for my challenged friends to listen to me and use a tiger torch to heat the block oil fuel well the entire underside. took one up there today and fired it up then called them up and told em im waiting.. :P after standing around having a fire and chopping wood for about 3 hours we put the key in and LIFE IT LIVESSS!!!!! :drunken:

https://www.facebook.com/JIMBOxJONES/vi ... 314522359/ sorry for the language guys
PPCLI-JIM
Super Trooper

Postby hessmess » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Great Job! Nothing worse than a frozen diesel.
86 Trooper (sold to brother) wrecked and recycled
88 Trooper (recycled)
91 Trooper, 3.1, bored .40, Cam, 4.3 TBI, roller rockers, Fiero valve covers, remote oil filter, LSD, 2.25 Cat back exhaust, BJ flip, 5 speed conversion, Round eye conversion-retired and parts donated to the new 91
91 LS Trooper, 5 speed, 3.4, bored intake, LSD, rebuilt using parts donated from the first 91
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=81567
89 Pup LS Space Cab, 4X4, AMC head, Delta 260 cam, 2.25 cat back exhaust system, LSD
viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 130 times

Postby PPCLI-JIM » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 pm

you betcha. that sucked the worst part was I knew what would do it but they woudnt listen...took em a while to clue in ..ah well tomorrow its an ice fishing day for me
PPCLI-JIM
Super Trooper

Previous

Return to Member's Rides