Isuzu SUV Forum banner

My 98 Amigo/02 RS, "The Meego"

68K views 316 replies 29 participants last post by  egagnon086 
#1 ·
Heres the initial pic of my Amigo. Lookin forward to cranking the T-bars and taking a shot at uwharrie in it.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: DASZU
#3 ·
:D wow the winch bumper is very cool.nice amigo 8) recon

#4 ·
Finally got the T-bars cranked to level the front out with the trooper springs in the rear. Also got my new with my new Bestop top, and Gabriel Ultra shocks on there. I'm still working on getting enough money for a new rear bumper fabbed up.

Attachments

Reactions: recon
#5 ·
Just finished big Front end job, new CV axles, ball joints, tie rod ends, and wheel bearings. Planning on changing the oil in the Tranny and diffs next weekend. This has been great weather in north Ga, I'll take pics when I take out in the woods.

#7 ·
Just scored a nice hard tip at the scrap yard, will post pics after I get it on. It even has a second sunroof.

#8 ·
Picked up the new top at a local salvage shop, picked up for $100 with all the glass and hardware. Even got set of the "guarded" tail lights.

Have my bumper off at the moment, getting a new one fabbed up at a local shop. I will post pics after I get it fitted and will be taking orders afterward.

Attachments

#9 ·
Forgot to post these before, but I also installed some new shocks if anyone is interested in what Gabriel ultras from autozone fit/ look like. They feel really nice on the road and on gravel.

Attachments

#10 ·
egagnon086 said:
Picked up the new top at a local salvage shop, picked up for $100 with all the glass and hardware. Even got set of the "guarded" tail lights.

Have my bumper off at the moment, getting a new one fabbed up at a local shop. I will post pics after I get it fitted and will be taking orders afterward.
Nice score on the hardtop. Really comes in handy on those cold days.

#12 ·
Got new Shoes, 245/75/-16, Treadwright Wardens. These things rock, had another set on a previous Trooper with no complaints with 30K miles on them. Balanced better (less weight) than the new Yokohamas that were on it.

I don't know how you get bigger shoes on this thing even with a lift, my T-bars are cranked and I have trooper springs in the back and these things are tight, they just barely run on the bolt that holds the fender flare on. The first thing to go was a front mud flap that ripped off while leaving the tire place.

My new rear bumper I'm getting fabbed up is almost done, just have to weld on the mounting brackets. I'll post picks when I get it done and see if anyone else is interested, I could get some more fabbed up.

Attachments

#13 ·
Also, I changed all the fluids over the holidays and was looking into the rear diff. Truck has the G80 code, so I'm assuming this is a LSD rear in my D44 carrier.

Anyone have confirmation with this pic.

Attachments

#14 ·
The fan shop finally got the bumper tacked up. I'll ad more pics when its finished. I'll be able to make more after final fit. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Attachments

#17 ·
Here's another pic of the bumper, I had it made because I need to keep the hitch in the lower position for my trailer. I'm still working on a final price after they get it fully welded and painted.

Price may be lowered if I cam get enough made for anyone interested on this style bumper.

PM if interested.

Attachments

#19 ·
Hey guys, just picked up the bumper, set me back right at $600. Mainly because of fab time, measuring and testing involved. But a pretty solid bumper, not super heavy made from 11 and 10 guage. I can send pics of the internal box supports, its strong, weighs about 80 to 100 lbs.

If anyone is interested, I can get more like it for about the same price or just get the prices with a welding detail and make a DIY kit for less money; haven't given me a price for that yet

I think this will also work on the same 98 up rodeo sport, too.

PM me if interested

#20 ·
Got it mounted, just painted. Now the rest of the stuff needs a coat of paint to match. Like I said let me know if anyone is interested in one. I can get more made up for about 500 after all is said and done.

PM for more info or if your interested.

Thanks

Attachments

#21 ·
Very nice. I have something similar in mind for my Trooper.

#22 ·
So had to replace my all the rear brake components, disk, caliper, pads. All full of mud and worn slap out. Now ita all nice and new. While I had it on some blocks I checked fitment of 15" snowflakes on my 98 with disks all round. They fit like a champ. Took a pic. I'm up in the air of selling them or keeping them, any benefit over my stock 16s. Also got a pic of the brake pad that fell out and was rattling around in the brake dust shield. Like I said the brakes were really wore out.

Attachments

#24 ·
The thieves around Athens only still tires that look like rubber bands with wheels >20". My big rubber/small rim combo scares them away every time. Now to find someone who wants to by my old rims and tires, so I can get new tires for these. Any takers view pics above, nice new rubber only 3 weeks old?

#25 ·
Scored an Aussie locker for the front from the classifieds. The real question is should I do a diff drop while its out. How much lift is needed to require a diff drop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.