Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2002 RS

58K views 186 replies 17 participants last post by  Teddy Frank 
#1 ·
I bought my 3rd Isuzu a couple years ago. I have been slowly building her up. I've added a 2in body lift, 3 in OME lift, 16x8 wheels with Treadwright 265/70 Guard dogs. I bought this size tire for when I just had the body lift, and I just recently finished my pre-runner style winch bumper. In the works is a rear tube style bumper with tire/jerry can carrier and a full length roof rack. Later I'll be deciding on whether to keep the IFS and upgrade to the BTV lift that Black98Rodeo has or do a SAS. I've been PM blackrodeo and emailing the folks from Thailand that make the BTV lift. This will prob be the route I go.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Like the winch bumper,great job so far.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
001.jpg
My LSD came in a couple months ago. I never got around to posting it up. It is taking up space in the closet till I figure out what tire/gear combo I am gonna end up running. Cost me $250 plus shipping. I would have liked an Aussie locker but I could't find one, but it's prob better I couldn't. I think the LSD will help save my CVs if I run larger tires.

Attachments

#14 ·
As soon as I get moved out of my Apt and into a house with a garage and some work space I'll be getting busy. I plan to build a roof rack that attaches to the gutter rails that are hidden under the black plastic on the roof and to the factory points on the hard top. It has plugs that cover threaded attachment points. But I want to make it a 2 piece design so if I get a soft top I can run the front portion with the soft top on. There's a build on the planet that shows the rack Bansil built.

I built a locking storage box for the rear cargo area, I'll try and get some pics of it up sometime.

1. rear bumper with tire/gas carrier
2. roof rack
3. half door or tube door
4. soft top

#186 · (Edited)
View attachment 24156 Finished up my rear lock box. I added a front section to fill in floor area next to the single rear seat. And I moved the right side of the rear over to store my tool bag under.
What a minute, Amigo/Rodeo Sport had split rear seat? Pease educate me splits were an option in the USA I've never see them before. Where can I get some? Holly crap I just saw your half doors. I haven't seen your post until tonight I must read all your posts to get up to date on your RS great work!!

#25 ·
I made it. If you look up my other posts "3 seater rodeo sport" or something to that effect. I have a lot of pictures of how I did it. Only part I didn't do was the cutting and re-stitching of the cover. I had an upholstery shop do that.

#26 ·
I'm getting ready to start working on the front end of my RS. I'm tired of my LSD sitting in the box on the shelf. I think I've decided to stay mild with the tire size and lift so I feel I will be fine just going with a mild gear upgrade to the 4.30 up from my 4.10. I don't feel I wheel enough to justify going with 4.56. I am starting to acquire all the parts I need to switch my RS other to manual hubs. And get the LSD installed in a 4.30 3rd member.