89 Isuzu Pup

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: 89 Isuzu Pup

Postby hessmess » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Well Jerry came through while I was gone and there was a new speedo head here when I got back. It was not an exact fit, but was close. I got it working and installed. I haven't put the dash back together yet, decided to put in a new speedo cable while I got it apart. Jerry is getting that sent out in the morning.
86 Trooper (sold to brother) wrecked and recycled
88 Trooper (recycled)
91 Trooper, 3.1, bored .40, Cam, 4.3 TBI, roller rockers, Fiero valve covers, remote oil filter, LSD, 2.25 Cat back exhaust, BJ flip, 5 speed conversion, Round eye conversion-retired and parts donated to the new 91
91 LS Trooper, 5 speed, 3.4, bored intake, LSD, rebuilt using parts donated from the first 91
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=81567
89 Pup LS Space Cab, 4X4, AMC head, Delta 260 cam, 2.25 cat back exhaust system, LSD
viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 141 times

Sponsor

Postby hessmess » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:27 pm

So I got around to it today and got the speedo all buttoned up, weather was iffy but by the afternoon it was fine. While I was under the truck I kept looking at the trans mount and the carrier bearing. I have some sloppyness in the drivetrain that I thought might of been the rear end. I have had a mount and carrier bearing for some time, so I decided I would drop the driveline and also put the trans mount in. I got the trans mount installed, the old one was cracked about half way around. The carrier bearing was torn about 40% of the way around. I have the driveline in pieces and have to get the bearing off tomorrow. Hopefully I will have it on the road in the next day or two. But the rear end is looking ok for now. I put an LSD in it a few years back and all that seems fine.
88 Trooper (recycled)
91 Trooper, 3.1, bored .40, Cam, 4.3 TBI, roller rockers, Fiero valve covers, remote oil filter, LSD, 2.25 Cat back exhaust, BJ flip, 5 speed conversion, Round eye conversion-retired and parts donated to the new 91
91 LS Trooper, 5 speed, 3.4, bored intake, LSD, rebuilt using parts donated from the first 91
89 Pup LS Space Cab, 4X4, AMC head, Delta 260 cam, 2.25 cat back exhaust system, LSD
viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Postby bradzuzu » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 am

Where's the pics !!! :)

Good to get that stuff fixed before it gets to bad , hopefully the carrier bearing will come off semi easy for you ..
91 amigo sas toy front leaf- traded off :(
2000 amigo sas d44 wagonear 4 link
custom built buggy ffor the dirty stuff

My build up page
Four link pics
Intake R&R - port and polish

Sometimes trying is all you can do, but when you succeed , that's something to be proud of...
bradzuzu
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 363 times

Postby hessmess » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am

yeah I am real bad at pictures. I ended up taking the driveline to my buddy that has the better setup and got the carrier bearing replaced. We were checking the u joints and found one right at the trans that was a bit stiff. I figured that was easy enough to get locally, there are 4 parts houses here and they all said we can have it tomorrow. So that was as far as that went yesterday. After I get moving this morning I will zip on down there and pick up the u joint and get this thing going again. I am getting ready to make a trip down to New Mexico soon and want this crap out of the way. And no I am not taking a Zoo. It is not a pleasure trip.
88 Trooper (recycled)
viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Previous

Return to Member's Rides