How Do You Post Pictures?

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: How Do You Post Pictures?

Postby Selahdoor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:02 am

One more thing...

Go to your desktop and create a new folder. Name it anything you want.

Now have a look at your desktop and make sure the folder is there.

Now, go again to my second option above, and copy your picture into that folder instead of just to the desktop.

Again, make sure the file itself is copied, and not just a link.
-Jeff
1988 Trooper LS. 4ZE1. mua5.

How can I help you or make you laugh today?
Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Have thanks: 165 times

Sponsor

Postby govno90 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 am

i thought i might have found the problem. the photos i have stored in my computer are 2800x2100 size. i got them down to 800x640 thinking that might help. it didn't. then i tried your "new folder" method. i still got the "not possible to determine dimensions" warning both times. i guess you guys will never, ever get to see my trooper again when i finish it. :wink:

cheers
it's OK for you too!

1990 trooper XS 2.8L auto

currently building 3.4L -(built, but not yet installed) -(installed, but not yet running) -(finally running, but not properly)
govno90
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 12 times

Postby Selahdoor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:30 am

govno90 wrote:i thought i might have found the problem. the photos i have stored in my computer are 2800x2100 size. i got them down to 800x640 thinking that might help. it didn't. then i tried your "new folder" method. i still got the "not possible to determine dimensions" warning both times. i guess you guys will never, ever get to see my trooper again when i finish it. :wink:

cheers

Did you try the file search, to see if there were more than one apparent 'copy' of the file ?
-Jeff

Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Postby govno90 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:48 pm

yes i did
it's OK for you too!

currently building 3.4L -(built, but not yet installed) -(installed, but not yet running) -(finally running, but not properly)
govno90
Zu Royalty

Postby Selahdoor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:02 pm

govno90 wrote:yes i did

Ok, another try.

Open the picture.

Change to 800 by 600 for the pic size.

Then choose "Save AS"... Not save. Not whatever else there is... Just... "Save AS".

Then save itwith a new name, to that new folder you created.

Now try to use the forum to browse to that new folder and find the pic and upload it.
-Jeff

Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:29 am

Awright, I'm digging through the forum's source code to find the string "photo size could not be determined". So far, no luck. Are these the EXACT words? Nothing came up in Google when I searched for this phrase AND "phpbb".

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 76 times

Postby govno90 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:42 pm

below is my original post again. hopefully it shows up when i post this page up.
if you scroll down, you'll see that most of my photos are missing from page 1 and page 2. but down near the bottom of page 2 you'll see that the pictures of my grill are still on, (i hope). the previous pictures that are gone are from june 2011 and older. the grill photos are posted august 1st. and, on one of my other posts dated after august 2011, they are photos still up as well. i'm interested to see if the photos of my grill will vanish after the august date. there might be an expiration date on my photos and this could possibly be the reason they are no longer visible here.
now even if this is true, i still can't put up my photos from my computer directly. i'll play with it more when i have time.
cheers, john

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46872&start=25
it's OK for you too!

govno90
Zu Royalty

Postby govno90 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:Awright, I'm digging through the forum's source code to find the string "photo size could not be determined". So far, no luck. Are these the EXACT words? Nothing came up in Google when I searched for this phrase AND "phpbb".

Jack

the message reads "it was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image"

if you go on the thread in "general isuzu discussion" you'll see a thread posted up by "imamonstertruck" titled "round eye conversion". the last post on there is mine. (it was while writing this). on page 1, imamonstertruck uploaded a photo of my red grill. when i put up my post, (the last one), i was going to quote imamonstertruck, but i couldn't because of that photo. my quote post wasn't even able to show up as preview. when i deleted that photo from imamonstertruck's post, only then was i able to preview and post.

so, will someone do me a favor and try to repost that photo of my grill using the "quote" mode from imamonstertruck's post. it's about 2/3 the way down on page 1. right above the photo, imamonstertruck wrote "you are a rock and roll genius"
apparently not!!
please, just quote the whole post to see what happens.

thanks, john
it's OK for you too!

govno90
Zu Royalty

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 pm

govno90 wrote:so, will someone do me a favor and try to repost that photo of my grill using the "quote" mode from imamonstertruck's post. it's about 2/3 the way down on page 1. right above the photo, imamonstertruck wrote "you are a rock and roll genius"
apparently not!!
please, just quote the whole post to see what happens.

thanks, john

Quoting the post won't help. That image no longer works! It's not where the link points to, but the link is still there:
http://images112.­fotki.­com/­v110/­photos/­6/­1713326/­9317994/­P7310154-­vi.­jpg
That's one of the reasons I despise the use of remote images.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 76 times

Postby EduIsuzu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 am

My Isuzu Vehicross in Finca Bandera, Caguas, Puerto Rico :lol:
EduIsuzu
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby KJonyx » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:59 am

Or you could just add images from the built in upload tab???????? i know it's a 5 image limit but that's not hard to deal with! Just browse for the image on your computer, select it, and upload it. Then just insert into the line wherever you want the picture to be
91' Trooper 4 door LS, stock power locks & power windows! 2.5" custom shackle lift, torsion bars tweaked up 1.5", blacked out rims, 31's AT mud tires, custom sound system, 2" billet spacers, 310K miles and still running strong!

For this post the author KJonyx was thanked by:
JoeIsuzu
KJonyx
Mi Amigo

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby cptcljerjr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Carl
Veteran
Albany, NY, USA
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2528787/2 ... u-trooper/
"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
because rough men stand ready
to do violence on their behalf."
cptcljerjr
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 6 times

Mine

Postby aa79912 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:37 pm

91 trooper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aa79912
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby Milly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 am

On photobucket.com, find your picture,and right-click on it,chose "inspect",and there will be a blue block with code in it. Right-click on the blue block, chose "edit as HTML", copy what goes after the "src" (it's usually looks like a site link,you can copy it in the address bar,then you will open the image in a blank page.). Then back where you edit your post, click "insert image", and paste what you copy into the image link column. It's done.
Milly
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Previous

Return to Member's Rides