1986 Trooper II

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: 1986 Trooper II

Postby SAS » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks for sharing the detailed pictures. Great thread!
Trooper & Land Cruiser Enthusiast
trailsoffroad.com
SAS
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 25 times

Sponsor

Re: 1986 Trooper II

Postby bstrooper » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:17 am

This is great, I'm doing just about the exact same thing right now. I'm simply swapping engines from an 89 that was wrecked to any 86 with a blown motor. I had already converted the 2.6 to a carb so I thought it would be pretty simple. I got the motor installed but found that the oil pan was hitting the axle so I had to remove it and switch the oil pan with the one from the 2.3. The 2.3 pan is about an inch shorter than the one from the 2.6. I reinstalled the modified 2.6 and it fits nicely. The issue that I am facing is that the oil pan from the 2.3 doesn't bolt to the transmission like the one from the 2.6 does. Now instead of having 9 bolt connecting the motor and trans there are only 5 that go from 9 o'clock around the top to 3 o'clock, plus the 2 bolts from the starter. This seems to be all that there is to connect but also seems a little weak on the bottom. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks
Ben
89 trooper 2.6 itec daily driver
86 trooper II blown motor
bstrooper
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Previous

Return to Member's Rides