Any XJ fans?

A forum to post about other vehicles (ex: post about your Toyota that won't start)

Moderator: Staff

Any XJ fans?

Postby offroad13 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:48 am

Mainly stock. I've had it for almost 6 years. Trimmed the fenders myself and put on some trim to protect from the sheet metal slicing my tire. Flexes pretty well for a 3.5in Rubicon Express short arm kit. Stripped out all the carpet, because the front passenger foot well likes to collect water when it rains. Snazzy rock rails from a company no longer in business. Cost more to ship from Iowa that for the actual product. Have been thinking about selling it due to it being second to my Passport, and needing alot of money to make it DD able.

Unfortunately, no recent pictures of wheeling. A pic of my Passport too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
offroad13
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Sponsor

Re: Any XJ fans?

Postby N law » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:38 am

I am not an XJ fan in particular, but my buddy has one that seems to be quite a trooper as far as the crap he has put it through. We have done all sorts of things to keep that thing on the road. We replaced the bearing on the A/C clutch one night in a pinch (now I have an A/C delete bracket because I'm not doing that again- and I don't even own a jeep!), we have replaced the broken rear shock mount, which in turn, busted a fuel line... There have been a handful of other adventures with his XJ. I wouldn't shy away from one, but I'm not sure that I would seek one out for myself. The 4.0 motor seems dang near bulletproof, but the rest seems to deteriorate a little bit at a time.

I like the yellow! And those LED headlights- tell us more.

Any photos of it out wheeling?
99 VX
96 Rodeo Build thread
1975 FJ40
69 Beetle
84 Westfalia
70 VW bus turned camper
86 VW Diesel Golf
07 Frontier V6 6 speed
1999 4Runner Limitee- wife's
2004 Genuine Stella Scooter
N law
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 61 times

Postby FettAffen » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 pm

I am :D

Worked on them for many years and many AMC Chrysler Dodge Jeep Plymouth Eagle products for a living, was a full time resident on Naxja for many years long time ago..... Lotsa XJ adventures in the AZ desert and Moab in my Xj... Modding XJ's long before all the main stream companies started making all the wonderful stuff to make modding alot easier on the XJ's...... No more chasing RTI numbers and actually made my XJ more user friendly on and off road in my old age. 8)
2001 Trooper Anniversary Edition
Polar White Pearl and Leather heated power seats and alot of the factory bells and whistles.
3.5L DOHC and 4L30e 2wd 146,000 miles
1 quart of engine oil burned per tank, no smoke.
My better half's daily driver and chariot to the beach 8)
1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
8 inch Lift on 35's and other mods
Owned 19 years now 98,000 miles
1995 Plymouth Neon
Full 98 R/t conversion
544,000 miles I drove her, owned 15 years sold 2015
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Bone stock, 285,000 miles I put on her.
Original 4.0 engine, trans, diffs, no major repairs.
owned 12 years Sold 2012
FettAffen
Drives on Pavement

Postby offroad13 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 am

N law wrote:
I like the yellow! And those LED headlights- tell us more.

Any photos of it out wheeling?

Got them for 100 bucks on Craigslist! Ill send a link to the guy who makes them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
offroad13
Drives on Gravel

Postby offroad13 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:35 am

For this post the author offroad13 was thanked by:
N law
offroad13
Drives on Gravel

Postby BigSwede » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:07 pm

I like them...I'd like them more if they were body-on-frame, and had more headroom. I can't fit in one. Always liked that 4.0L motor, I remember when it was a new thing, big improvement over the 2.8L they had in early Cherokees.
95 Trooper LS - 4" lift, 35" tires, 5.38 gears, ARB lockers
Indy4x Revolution 3.07:1 low range gears, Indy4x HD tie rods, homemade sway bar disconnects, Calmini HD sway bars, Darlington diff drop, OME 929 coil springs + 1" poly spacers and 1" body lift, Indy4x HD torsion bars, Indy4x HD rear axle links, Indy4x Kevlar brake lines, ARB bullbar, custom rear bumper with swing-out dual jerry can carrier, rock sliders, Sears Platinum Group 31 battery, ARB mini-compressor, Indy4x kevlar air lines, Warn M8000 winch, Blue Sea 6006 winch cutoff switch, Yaesu FT-1900R 2-meter ham radio, Larsen MHW-150C 1/2 wave antenna, Cobra 18WXST CB radio, Firestik II CB antenna, IPF driving lights, generic fog lights, two (2) Blue Sea auxiliary fuse panels, sleeping platform, and outofrshell Dave's custom 1" shifter extension. (I actually typed this list as a joke but people seem to like it.)
BigSwede
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 251 times

Postby SuperTroop95 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:04 pm

My dad has a 85, 2.8 and carbed. He liked it before the carb needed to be rebuilt. It's now rebuilt, just needs new gas, tires, and starting fluid now
1995 Trooper LS
Want to do:
96/97 cam swap
Rebuild heads
Injector Swap
new exhaust
New suspension everything
SuperTroop95
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 3 times

Return to Other Vehicles