Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Gotta love those little Suzuki Samurais!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  oldestisuzuist 
#1 ·
Gotta love these things! I want that solid front axle for my Passport! That a Toyota solid front axle perhaps or stock Suzuki? Anyways, this one is damn cool!

#2 ·
Toyota pickup axles are 55.5", Samurai's are even narrower at about 52". Your Passport rear is about 63", a 65" D44/10-bolt front axle from something like a Chevy Blazer or pickup is what would best fit since it's common for the steering axle to be slightly wider than the rear.

#4 ·
Or an old wagoneer i 4get the preferred years atm...just have to find a front that is a little wider then your rear, with a passenger side drop...then make sure you'll be able to do something to balance the gears. That's one of the larger challenges with some of the yota axles if u keep the zu rear......I've been kicking myself since getting into zu's for losing an 85 k5 drivetrain....still got the tranny and transfer case tho :D......err or so I should....got a buddy with an old bronco that may have potential axles...idk fords that we'll tho...

#5 ·
"Or an old wagoneer i 4get the preferred years atm"
'74-'79 Wagoneers had 61" narrow track D44's, wide tracks in the Cherokee Chief were 65".

Reactions: 98HPasSport
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.