Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Hers: one we will keep

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  4BYDIG 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Traded in the 2012 Elantra limited, good car, just not spacious enough, and hated having to punch it on hills lol
Liked the 2010 challenger size and space, but two door is a no go. This was a better suit I think, my favorite feature is the heated and cooled cup holders lol. Didn't even know that they made that. Guess I'm behind the times for my age lol
The 5.7 HEMI is my next favorite feature. It's a 2013 with 15k on the clock, isn't BRAND new, but looking you can't tell. And it still has the remainder of the factory warranty. Can't think of any mods yet. Just looking forward to 20k so I can change the oil. Hopefully it will be a reliable car being as I'm known to be funny about my vehicles and can and WILL wash 3 times in a day. I like to keep my things nice whenever possible. Y'all got any suggestions on mods?
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mods??? Just do yourself a favor and do ALL the recommended preventative maintenance if you plan to keep it a long time. Not to be debbie downer but like all Mopar vehicles they are all wonders (till they wear out all at once).

That being said, nice looking car! Enjoy it!

#4 ·
It'll definitely get all the maintenance, I'm funny about maintenance. I like it, it's comfortable, rides smooth, and has decent power with the hemi. Definitely an upgrade from the elantra, it hated hills. I think some 20' rims would fill out the wheel wells a little better than the 18" on it now, but why have it aligned?

#5 ·
Well first of all, I'm an alignment tech so it's the first thing I do when I get a new car. Also, factory alignments aren't always perfect sometimes they're kind of sloppy even. In the case of getting fancy wheels, low profile tires are more susceptible to showing wear patterns and will basically magnify any sort of tweaked alignment and it's just good practice get your vehicle checked for alignment annually. Especially Chrysler makes, when their tie rods go bad they'll pop off completely.

#6 ·
I guess your right, I just never thought of having that checked, so far I plan on adding weathertech mats and tint, I may just leaving it at that. If I wind up getting this truck I've been looking at tomorrow, it'll definitely get mods as will the zu

#8 ·
If I recall, it has no hemi logos, just 300C logos, but had the hemi cover under the hood

#9 ·
Mods on that are pretty endless. I had an '06 Charger with the same engine adn I don't think they've changed too much... Base good mods are a 180* thermostat, Diablo Predator tuner with a 91octane CAI tune, AFE stage2 intake, and a Zoomers catback exhaust are what I had, for the engine. Had SRT8 suspension with isolators removed (lowered 1.75"), Hotchkis swaybars, and 20" Chrome alloys. LOVED THAT CAR!

#10 ·
Sweet, thanks for that info, I really like the car alot. It's very comfortable. I'll be looking into some of that in a few months(after I get more progress on my house)

#11 ·
There's an awesome forum, LXForums, that'll be your best friend when having questions about that car specifically... My username there is MonkeyBoy, but I haven't been on in a while. There's a Northwest Region that is prolly what you'll be tooling around the most other than vendor sites...

#12 ·
Sweet, I checked it out, seems like a good forum

#13 ·
Well, did my first oil change on it this week, was definitely easier than the first oil change in the challenger and the elantra, they were both a pain, this one was actually really easy, makes it less of a bear when it's simple like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.