Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Near half-million mile trooper in WA -Not quite a "Hot Deal"

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  imamonstertruck 
#1 ·
Not mine, just found it looking around. A really nice looking 2 door '86 with no mention of the miles in the ad, but if you look at the pic of the speedo, whoa!

see it here

See less See more
#3 ·
Indeed. Wonder how many blocks it's been through? If I had the extra $ (and it would have to be less than what they are asking) I'd probably try to get it to cross the 500k mark.

#4 ·
I'm thinking a 1000 dollar truck, but it's is an awfully nice body 2 door LWB (which just happens to be my favorite Trooper). You could drop a new engine in it easily and still be okay, but the MSG 5 , and the 8 bolt 10 bolt setup have to be pretty damn tired. Hard parts to come by there, and I don't think there is am MSG rebuild kit on the market. Then it is a 10 bolt 12 bolt conversion and adding an MUA 5. Uh oh...another 10K Trooper that is worth 5K.

#5 ·
OK just looked at all the pictures again, I'm thinking 1500.00 now. This one is in really good shape. If no frame rust, the mileage shouldn't scare anyone off. Looks like an honest incredibly well maintained truck.

#6 ·
Yea, agreed. It looks great. As a side note, a professional detailer can make any car look it's best. It's what car lots do. Before I'll render an opinion I would have to see first hand. I've been fooled too many times with pictures and been disappointed when showing up to buy same. Someone close by should do that.

#7 ·
Second that HB, I've never bought a car without seeing it in person. Trooper test is if it is running, shifting and rust free, and I can get it for 1000 to 1500, I'll be interested if I'm looking. I already know I'm going to redo everything anyway. One because I enjoy it, and two, I'm pretty sure I can always get that much out of one in parts if I run into something I can't fix or that won't allow me to resell it in good conscience. Cheap hobby as our little trucks are still a great value for the money.

I expect everyone here has their own Trooper "rules", I just hope those rules weren't as expensive to learn as mine were :D

#8 ·
Second that HB, I've never bought a car without seeing it in person

I sold a 2003 Corvette that a guy in N.C. bought sight unseen. I bought my RS out of state but flew up to Wa, to drive it and buy it. Still someone local should go see this one.

#9 ·
I've bought both current troopers personally sight unseen, have flown out and driven back across the states.

I would consider this gem, not for asking price but I'd give 1000. The more I see these old dudes, the more I want one.

Cheers
-Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.