Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Hurricane Matthew

963 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  N law 
#1 ·
Greetings from Brunswick, Georgia everyone. We decided to ride the storm out after seeing the images from Nassau as the eye wall passed and there were still umbrellas on the beach! Got a few pics from the trooper on my phone and hopefully will get some more from the wife's. The storm wasn't too bad for us, some downed limbs but not everyone was as lucky. One of our issues here was Georgia State Patrol getting a little "big brother" on us and blocking access to most of the county long after local gov cleared it! The pics are from Saturday after the storm passed and what should be the first one is us taking back roads to avoid roadblocks so we could check on loved ones

-technical difficulties with the pics. To be continued

#2 ·
My son also rode out the storm in Georgia, he live outside of Jacksonville FL. I don't know exactly where he was but it was just over the line and a bit west of I95. He stayed with some co-workers. I asked him how was it as it hit at night. He told me he slept through the darn thing!

#3 ·
My coworker just got back from her Honeymoon in the Bahamas. They left the weekend after the hurricane passed through and they had called to confirm that the resort they were going to was open. They said it was. After getting off the puddle jumper, the cab driver asked where they were going to, and, when told, said they are closed from the storm. She told of an awful story of driving around an island with no power and no running water until the cab driver agreed to let them come stay at his house. Right before they did that, they found an open "hotel." The next morning they booked it out of there and came back stateside for a Florida beach vacation. They stayed further south to avoid the storm damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.