Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Cool stuff I saw this weekend

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Von 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I went to get a haircut Friday, prepping for my daughter's graduation from MSU. Pulled up at my barber's shop and saw this...
IMG_20170512_093631361.jpg

IMG_20170512_093657128.jpg

I thought it was his. I knew he had a Spider convertible that was black... thought maybe he'd had it painted. I'm looking for a reasonable painter, my brother in law will be bringing his CJ to town for a paint job and for me to put a lift kit on it.
Nope, it's not Tom's Spider, or a Spider at all. A nice lady from Electra TX owns it. She was in town last week and it started running bad on her. She brought it to Tom so he could work on it. But he said it had some internal problems with the valve train that he doesn't have the time to take on. Sweet little car. The coupe and the Ranchero behind it are Tom's. As well as the black the Spider he has hidden away and a Corvair pickup.

After my haircut I went to Aldi's. On the way out I saw an old fella pulled over and taking his pooch for a walk in the grass. He was driving this...
IMG_20170512_110637352.jpg

And then Saturday I saw my SAVAGE daughter maul a monkey pinata. I posted pics in the Fairlane thread, but... MORE SAVAGE!!!
SAVAGE!!!.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: DSUZU
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
And.... The oldest boy is working at the prison. He brings home some of the snacks and stuff he gets in the commissary. I don't know who their vendor is, but... I got a kick out of this.

IMG_20170514_175447350.jpg

Every time I see it I can hear the label being read by Slim Pickens... You younguns that don't know who Slim Pickens is... you missed out.

It's a mix of just about every chip imaginable. regular corn chips and the scoops, various Doritos, pretzels, puffy and crispy cheetos. ... It's floor sweepings from every chip factory in the state.

I don't know who Cactus Annie is.. or how she got that name... but that's some pretty nifty cartoon cleavage to be showing it off in a prison.

Attachments

#3 ·
You saw TWO Corvair convertibles "just like that"? WOW. (You're tempting me). Not to mention that you have a barber that works on Corvairs too. You are the man. Dennis

Reactions: Von
#4 ·
DSUZU said:
You saw TWO Corvair convertibles "just like that"? WOW. (You're tempting me). Not to mention that you have a barber that works on Corvairs too. You are the man. Dennis
Yeah, they're just laying around everywhere here... I was seriously tempted to tell him to give her my number. I'd love to work on it. But I never have and she probably wouldn't want me learning on hers. Beautiful car. Could do without the curb feelers though...

Tom's a real barber too. Retired Navy. Has the red and white pole on his shack/shop behind his house. (Back Alley Barber) His one chair is older than I am. Old clippers with the vacuum attachment, cleans up with a straight razor after applying hot shaving foam dispensed from some ancient gizmo the goes BRRZZZZZZ.... and then tops it off with a 1 minute back massage with a HUGE, ancient back massager that takes two hands to operate.$10 for a haircut, $5 for a shave. If there's no women folk there he'll throw in a dirty joke. Lots of Corvair memorabilia and car pics on the walls and always has TV Land on the tube... I get a #2 with a fade, pretty short on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.