Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Losing a Dog is so Hard...

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  itsmehb 
#1 ·
My best friend Apollo lost his life due to heart failure today at an Emergency Vet. I got him right after my wife died. He was always by my side for 10 years. He loved my Amigo and really enjoyed going to Death Valley in it! I say I won't get another, but I'm sure I will someday.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. I fear my dog is not long for the world either. Sucks that they age so fast.

#5 ·
The worst is to lose your best friend. No doubt he had a wonderful life and appreciated every minute with you. I always think I'll never get another one, but I miss the special companionship you share with a good dog too much. No two I've ever had have been the same, but every one of them won my heart and made life more enjoyable. Mutts or purebred, never really mattered which.

#6 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I'm getting better. I want to share a off road story I had with Apollo. About 4 years ago we were in the Panamint Range of Death Valley. At Barker Ranch, the location where Charles Manson got arrested, we encountered a bunch of police with cadaver dogs. They were looking for Manson's "lost victims". Interestingly, they came across some very positive hits for human remains. For some reason, the Parks Dept would not allow any digging. Being a Schnauzer, no fear and playful, Apollo was running around and playing with the police dogs. One of them, named "Buster", took a liking to him. (If you do a search for Buster the Wonder Dog you will find him. He died a few years ago). This was the result... My son said to me that Apollo is in Heaven getting humped by Buster!

Attachments

#7 ·
Grumpfrompahrump said:
My son said to me that Apollo is in Heaven getting humped by Buster!
:lol: WoW!!

Hey, I had just seen this and I am sorry to hear. Apollo looks like he was a good buddy.

My boy is 12 and I'm dreading the day but I tell ya those few bad days are well worth all the good days they give us and though it may not seem like it that pup will still make you smile for quite a while.

-Ian

#8 ·
Sorry to hear that. I've lost several dogs in my time here. The latest was my favorite of them all. Recently my wife asked me if I wanted the picture back out that I put away years ago. I said yes, and I find myself looking up at it and smiling when I remember all the times I spent with him. Name was Casey

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.