(Test) Help With 01' Trooper Heat Issues

Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post

Moderator: Staff

(Test) Help With 01' Trooper Heat Issues

Postby milwaukeebrew74 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Question guys, thanks in advance for any help....

I'm having the same issue with a recently purchased 2001 Trooper, the heater only blows cold air. I took the glove box off today and noticed the door behind it, (I believe the recirculation "indoor/outdoor") flap was loose and was down. Which way would I want this, so I am not pulling in only outside air? Flap up toward the firewall or down towards the passenger?

I have also noticed that the gauge on the dash for coolant temp is not directly in the middle but a tad bit lower than middle at full warm up.

I bought this from a small dealership and have taken it back 3-4 times now. Truck runs great but no heat... Then come to find out this dealership is known for scamming people and don't believe he has done anything he said he has. (Heater Core and Thermostat replacement)(I know both are major jobs and don't think he's had the vehicle long enough each time to replace these parts) Plus it made no sense to me that he wanted to replace the heater core before trying to flush it... I know my way around cars pretty well but Isuzu is all new to me. I love this truck though if it wasn't for this heat issue. I have a newborn and two other young children with this being our only vehicle. It has been very cold here in Wisconsin recently and really don't know what to do. I can't even leave the house with my baby in the vehicle.

Also when looking to the upper left after removing the glove box, I found the white thing with the metal hooks completely broken off, (I believe it controls the hot-to cold function on the HVAC unit in the back). Even if I could get this thing stuck with heat on ONLY, would be better than nothing until it warms up outside.

Thank You for any help you can give, I'm about to rip my hair out.
milwaukeebrew74
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Return to Test Forum