**Official Spotted Thread**

This forum is for the discussion of general Isuzu related information

Moderator: Staff

**Official Spotted Thread**

Postby Mediamonkey11 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 am

Didn't see a thread here, yes I looked!

Anyhoo, I think we need a spotted threa where everyone can post and look, in one place!

I'll start:

NB aurora at approximately 2300 hours this evening in North Seattle/Shoreline area, I followed a red first gen (89/90?) Trooper for a few miles. Was a 2 door, maybe a 2 or 3 inch lift, and rolling on I'm guessing 32x11.5's... The guy definitely noticed me!

Anyone here??
-Tony-

viewtopic.php?t=46954

1996 Trooper LS 4X4 3.2L SOHC - Airtec Snorkel - 6000K BiXenon HIDs - 16x7.5" Snowflakes - ARB Front Winch Bumper - Vortex 12000lb Winch - Superwinch Manual Hubs - 3" lift OME 919's + Coil Spacer -OME Nitrochargers - HD Lower Links - Low Profile Droop Snubbers - Poly SwayBar Bushings - Ball Joint Flip + 1/4" Spacers, Pioneer Head Unit, Polk 6X9's in the rear doors, Polk 6.5" Front Components, Coustic 4ch 1200W Amp, Diamond Audio D912D4 12" Sub, Sub Zero 12" Vented Box.
Mediamonkey11
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 20 times

Sponsor

Re: **Official Spotted Thread**

Postby caveman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 am

I almost hit a blue and silver completely stock 1991 trooper broken down on the interstate near Alexandria Tn.
1988 to 98 Isuzoo Trooper II. rebuilt with american pride! Built and tested now parked and resting until the next adventure!
caveman
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 35 times

Postby stusvend » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:50 am

caveman wrote:trooper broken down on the interstate near Alexandria Tn.

Ahhh.. observed it in it's natural habitat engaging in it's regular activities. :lol:
Matt
'88 Trooper LS 2.6L- 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. - SOLD :( (Replaced by 2012 Xterra Pro-4x)
'89 Trooper RS 2.6L- 4 cyl, 5 speed manual.
'69 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser- 3.9L inline 6, 3 speed manual.
stusvend
Subscriber

Have thanks: 64 times

Postby 88bronzetrooper » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 am

Mediamonkey11 wrote:
NB aurora at approximately 2300 hours this evening in North Seattle/Shoreline area, I followed a red first gen (89/90?) Trooper for a few miles. Was a 2 door, maybe a 2 or 3 inch lift, and rolling on I'm guessing 32x11.5's... The guy definitely noticed me!

Anyone here??

That sounds LIke Onetouch I think his name was. He was in Seattle and had a red 89 and a red 90. He was on this board in the early days and was very active. I wondered what Has happened to him??
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=687

This is his profile and seems to be the right area.
Dylan

88 TrooperII 12 bolt Aussie, Rancho 5000s, Aisins, shackles, header, highflow cat, muffler, full 2.5 exhaust, 33 12.50 MTs, sliders, 251,000 miles, family owned since new.

http://www.ecors.com/

Help Darlington Offroad Racing
88bronzetrooper
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 30 times

Postby caveman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 am

stusvend wrote:
caveman wrote:trooper broken down on the interstate near Alexandria Tn.

Ahhh.. observed it in it's natural habitat engaging in it's regular activities. :lol:

Ahhhhahahha Well put. I thought it was smokey at first but then I remembered that yours is broken down in your driveway! :D :D
1988 to 98 Isuzoo Trooper II. rebuilt with american pride! Built and tested now parked and resting until the next adventure!
caveman
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby Mediamonkey11 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 am

88bronzetrooper wrote:
Mediamonkey11 wrote:

Anyone here??

That sounds LIke Onetouch I think his name was. He was in Seattle and had a red 89 and a red 90. He was on this board in the early days and was very active. I wondered what Has happened to him??
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=687

This is his profile and seems to be the right area.

Hmmm. Not the same one in the avatar picture, but might be his other one... I remember the name come tho think about it!
-Tony-

viewtopic.php?t=46954

1996 Trooper LS 4X4 3.2L SOHC - Airtec Snorkel - 6000K BiXenon HIDs - 16x7.5" Snowflakes - ARB Front Winch Bumper - Vortex 12000lb Winch - Superwinch Manual Hubs - 3" lift OME 919's + Coil Spacer -OME Nitrochargers - HD Lower Links - Low Profile Droop Snubbers - Poly SwayBar Bushings - Ball Joint Flip + 1/4" Spacers, Pioneer Head Unit, Polk 6X9's in the rear doors, Polk 6.5" Front Components, Coustic 4ch 1200W Amp, Diamond Audio D912D4 12" Sub, Sub Zero 12" Vented Box.
Mediamonkey11
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby ravi261 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Was stopping by a junkyard in Greenville, SC on the way to Atlanta two weeks ago and saw a +98 white Trooper, possibly 2" lift (couldn't be much more), looked like 31s or 32s, ARB bumper with two Hellas and a Bogota license plate. Looked like a street queen, but still was well taken care of. Must of been the guy looking for the aisin hubs I took off an hour before him :thefinger:
1999 3.2 V6 4wd Rodeo LS 178k 4L30-E
For the 1st time since 2006, everything works! (including ABS :) )
ravi261
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 67 times

Postby Selahdoor » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Last week, I went to town. Saw 5, :shock: 1st gen troopers. 3 Rodeos. And one isuzu pickup.

Went to town again today. Twice the trip, as far as how far I went. Not one single isuzu of any kind.
-Jeff
1988 Trooper LS. 4ZE1. mua5.

How can I help you or make you laugh today?
Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Have thanks: 165 times

Postby EricJette » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 am

Mediamonkey11 wrote:Didn't see a thread here, yes I looked!

Anyhoo, I think we need a spotted threa where everyone can post and look, in one place!

I'll start:

Anyone here??

Mediamonkey,

First I gotta say that little avatar you got looping 'da loop is an oustanding piece of work in contortialist exspressionism. Second I just can't resist ROTFLMAO thinking about how if someone was stalking me and making those kind of faces at me and my ride, I'd definately notice you too! Suppose I'd have to engage in a little simmian diplomacy in like minded grimaces.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got good news and I got bad news, waddayawantfirst? OK, I'll start with the bad news...Seems to be a larger number of troopers than usual being nursed to health by my mechanic lately (including mine , got a lung transplant and some cojones under the hood restored last week). :)

The good news is there's a larger number of troopers than usual being nursed back to health by my mechanic lately. :shock:

The Planet-wide rumor mill has it that someone who probably wishes to remain anon has agreed to donate their trooper as the next "pope" mobile....in order to avoid excomunication for posting a pithy typographical fruedian keystroke from hell. :twisted:

I have now officially lost my Planet Isuzu virginity, as I have recieved my first official administrative warning. :oops:

Now for the really good news;

As far as I can determine from daily driving over a long period of time, there are at least a half dozen first gen troopers hiding in plain sight within a mile of my house, most are driven daily , at least one is a 2.2-D 4 door. 2 are 86's like mine, one looks like it went through a semi-trailer blender fender bender...or someone was bouncing bowling balls off every square foot of sheet metal or it was little league batting practice..it's hard to say,....it ain't dead yet but looks like it should be put down for pity's sake,...not something you want to be behind as something might fall off of it at any moment...but still exemplifies the notion of "old and in the way." "the old folk's boogie", and "rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" And boy does that driver always have a consistant look of grim determination to get where she's going....sometime tommorrow.

And yes, it's Trooper love at first sight...;

Then there's the little robin's egg blue 86 2 door just like mine with a white top and the cutest lady in the whole darn town driving it, and everytime I see her she's goin' the opposite way and there's a freekin' median keeping me from doin' a you-e to ask her out 4 wheelin'.

My trooper is so dying to meet up with her trooper at a gas station to suck down a couple a tank-fulls that it about chokes and cries and screems bloody revs everytime she passes by, seemingly on her way to somewhere, oblivious of the effect her ride is having on my trooper's throttle.

And that concludes my planet wide debriefing on local sightings and other items of note.
95% mech. restored 2dr. /2 seat / '86 Trooper w/ A/C , New 1mil over-bored 2.3L (2305cc)/ All OEM Johnny5ive-built custom "5zd1", w/ 2.6 valves &"Jerry cam" in the 2.3L head/ custom built 3-core radiator/ Exedy clutch & rebuilt msg-5 tranny/ 30/9.5/15's on snowflakes/superwinch manual hubs/fully rebuilt front end - KYB shocks w/ steering dampener & Calmini torsion bars/ 89RS leaf springs w/90mm shackles/custom wood interior paneling & bedlined flooring w /Calmini tri-Y header w/high-flow cat and muffler on 2.25" stainless pipe.

Desert Trooper;
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61131

Shaolin school of Isuzu graduation day; "And now little trooper, when you can grab this socket wrench from my hand, it will be time to start your engine."
EricJette
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 277 times

Postby dryvr12 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Theres a blue 1st gen around the Kmart in Lansing. Nothing to crazy, just some bigger wheels. But if your on here, I REALLY would like to buy your trooper. Ive left notes in the past.
Zack

1988 Trooper LS 2.6L Auto to manual swap, Asin hubs, 228k+
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50707
LED gauges, sony h/u, alpine speakers, jl audio w3's, grant steering wheel, cup holders, procomp 98s

Odometer correction: http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67546
Dome light fix: http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62898
LEDs:http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51643
dryvr12
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 43 times

Postby Cronk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:46 pm

I saw a lifted Red 88-95 style pickup the other day. It was along I-64 heading west towards Louisville, Ky. Bed was full of household items, looked like someone was moving.
Cronk
Subscriber

Have thanks: 89 times

Postby trooperstroud » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:26 am

I have seen a gen one trooper 88 or so and two gen two troopers both 98 ish a isuzu 2003 from out of state and a 2000 rodeo at my parts store employee car and that was last week....
1996 isuzu trooper.. 3.2 24 valve sohc... sold 2002 axiom now in the house
trooperstroud
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby trooperstroud » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:21 am

found a 97 rodeo and a 01 trooper crusing past the used car lots today the rodeo was only 1500..
1996 isuzu trooper.. 3.2 24 valve sohc... sold 2002 axiom now in the house
trooperstroud
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Selahdoor » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 am

Cars 2.

Was that a couple of sumo-troopers I saw ?
-Jeff

Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Postby caveman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 pm

EricJette wrote: First I gotta say that little avatar you got looping 'da loop is an oustanding piece of work in contortialist exspressionism. Second I just can't resist ROTFLMAO thinking about how if someone was stalking me and making those kind of faces at me and my ride, I'd definately notice you too! Suppose I'd have to engage in a little simmian diplomacy in like minded grimaces.

I got good news and I got bad news, waddayawantfirst? OK, I'll start with the bad news...Seems to be a larger number of troopers than usual being nursed to health by my mechanic lately (including mine , got a lung transplant and some cojones under the hood restored last week). :)

The good news is there's a larger number of troopers than usual being nursed back to health by my mechanic lately. :shock:

The Planet-wide rumor mill has it that someone who probably wishes to remain anon has agreed to donate their trooper as the next "pope" mobile....in order to avoid excomunication for posting a pithy typographical fruedian keystroke from hell. :twisted:

I have now officially lost my Planet Isuzu virginity, as I have recieved my first official administrative warning. :oops:

As far as I can determine from daily driving over a long period of time, there are at least a half dozen first gen troopers hiding in plain sight within a mile of my house, most are driven daily , at least one is a 2.2-D 4 door. 2 are 86's like mine, one looks like it went through a semi-trailer blender fender bender...or someone was bouncing bowling balls off every square foot of sheet metal or it was little league batting practice..it's hard to say,....it ain't dead yet but looks like it should be put down for pity's sake,...not something you want to be behind as something might fall off of it at any moment...but still exemplifies the notion of "old and in the way." "the old folk's boogie", and "rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" And boy does that driver always have a consistant look of grim determination to get where she's going....sometime tommorrow.

Then there's the little robin's egg blue 86 2 door just like mine with a white top and the cutest lady in the whole darn town driving it, and everytime I see her she's goin' the opposite way and there's a freekin' median keeping me from doin' a you-e to ask her out 4 wheelin'.

My trooper is so dying to meet up with her trooper at a gas station to suck down a couple a tank-fulls that it about chokes and cries and screems bloody revs everytime she passes by, seemingly on her way to somewhere, oblivious of the effect her ride is having on my trooper's throttle.

And that concludes my planet wide debriefing on local sightings and other items of note.

I can't believe I read the whole thing. That's 2 mins I'll never get back.
caveman
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby ravi261 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Selador wrote:Cars 2.

Was that a couple of sumo-troopers I saw ?

Not going to lie. I sat there like this :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: for a good 8 minutes before I realized you were talking about a movie :blackeye:
ravi261
Donor
Donor

Postby Mediamonkey11 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 pm

caveman wrote:
EricJette wrote: First I gotta say that little avatar you got looping 'da loop is an oustanding piece of work in contortialist exspressionism. Second I just can't resist ROTFLMAO thinking about how if someone was stalking me and making those kind of faces at me and my ride, I'd definately notice you too! Suppose I'd have to engage in a little simmian diplomacy in like minded grimaces.

I can't believe I read the whole thing. That's 2 mins I'll never get back.

That only took you 2 minutes?? Took me 5.
-Tony-

viewtopic.php?t=46954

Mediamonkey11
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby bsnafu1221 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 am

Well I would put up a few on here but all the ones I see around here are soccer moms in stock second gen troopers and an older lady in a perfect condition burgundy space cab that shops at my store but always seems to be coming in when I go on lunch and I don't want to be creepy and start stocking her in my store, where I am the Store Manager, and ask questions or wait and ambush her at her car when she leave, which I have contemplated but she always seems to sneak out of the parking lot before I see her leave. Only ones that might be here are the few first gen amigos that are around here but kinda doubt it.
-Justin

1992 Amigo, 4wd, 2.6l
31x10.5 r15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on Snowflakes
Have a list of potential mods just have to collect parts and get it done

Thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61775
bsnafu1221
Expedition Ready

Have thanks: 45 times

Postby Selahdoor » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:59 am

bsnafu1221 wrote:Well I would put up a few on here but all the ones I see around here are soccer moms in stock second gen troopers and an older lady in a perfect condition burgundy space cab that shops at my store but always seems to be coming in when I go on lunch and I don't want to be creepy and start stocking her in my store, where I am the Store Manager, and ask questions or wait and ambush her at her car when she leave, which I have contemplated but she always seems to sneak out of the parking lot before I see her leave. Only ones that might be here are the few first gen amigos that are around here but kinda doubt it.

On the day that I saw so many isuzus all in one day...

The last one I saw was actually on the gravel road you have to travel to get to my place.

Parked where people park, and unload their gear, then climb down to the river and kayak the river.

I wrote a note. Told them they had a great old trooper. And that they should check out this website as a great source of repair info, and even comaraderie. Then wrote "Selador" as the signature.

I imagine they probably just wadded it up without looking at it. But hey, if they did, it's their loss. LOL
-Jeff

Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Postby EricJette » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 am

Aye well folks it could have been a longer read, but I just can't keep track of all the amigos, rodeos, and pickups running around town. There's just too many to list without wasting at least an hour more of anyone's time on this , including mine. (chuckle).
95% mech. restored 2dr. /2 seat / '86 Trooper w/ A/C , New 1mil over-bored 2.3L (2305cc)/ All OEM Johnny5ive-built custom "5zd1", w/ 2.6 valves &"Jerry cam" in the 2.3L head/ custom built 3-core radiator/ Exedy clutch & rebuilt msg-5 tranny/ 30/9.5/15's on snowflakes/superwinch manual hubs/fully rebuilt front end - KYB shocks w/ steering dampener & Calmini torsion bars/ 89RS leaf springs w/90mm shackles/custom wood interior paneling & bedlined flooring w /Calmini tri-Y header w/high-flow cat and muffler on 2.25" stainless pipe.

Desert Trooper;

Shaolin school of Isuzu graduation day; "And now little trooper, when you can grab this socket wrench from my hand, it will be time to start your engine."
EricJette
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby Mediamonkey11 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:22 am

Rust must have taken a lot off the road around here as there seems to be many more down where you are than here!
-Tony-

viewtopic.php?t=46954

Mediamonkey11
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby EricJette » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:42 am

Tony,

What's even wierder than that hystericly funny guy with his finger up his nose...(cracks me up everytime), there are no first gen troopers in any junkyard here...period,....it's as if they had all risen from the dead...and being there's at least one on the road here that's definately in process of decomposition...we may have an outbreak of ZOMBI TROOPER on our hands!....I'll let you'all know if I see any half eaten Jeeps or Blazers or other hapless 4x4's that may have fallen prey to them.

Dude, they are running scared! Just had a guy wanting to trade his loaded CJ7 strait across for my quite living 86 trooper today, possibly to avoid a similar fate.

Need you guess what I told him? (chuckle)

Desert Trooper;

EricJette
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby EricJette » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:58 am

P.S. Tony,

not to go way off topic but what the heck are;

"Low Profile Droop Snubbers" ???

(from your ride's profile)

That's totally new lexicon to me...is that like a custom springy thingy that keeps your troop from nose-diving into turns or something?

Desert Trooper;

EricJette
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby ravi261 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I guess this really isn't "officially spotted" but I noticed Denzel Washington's character (Tobin Frost) in Safe House drives what I'm pretty sure is a 2nd gen. trooper (or whatever it's variant is in South Africa) to the document forger. I guess it's something when you can tell a vehicle from the door handles :lol:
ravi261
Donor
Donor

Postby stusvend » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

ravi261 wrote:I guess this really isn't "officially spotted" but I noticed Denzel Washington's character (Tobin Frost) in Safe House drives what I'm pretty sure is a 2nd gen. trooper (or whatever it's variant is in South Africa) to the document forger. I guess it's something when you can tell a vehicle from the door handles :lol:

According to this site, an isuzu trooper.

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_1599348-Safe-House.html

That movie has a number of badass trucks and SUVs in it. I love the FJ7 series ute.
Matt
'88 Trooper LS 2.6L- 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. - SOLD :( (Replaced by 2012 Xterra Pro-4x)
'89 Trooper RS 2.6L- 4 cyl, 5 speed manual.
'69 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser- 3.9L inline 6, 3 speed manual.
stusvend
Subscriber

Have thanks: 64 times

Next

Return to General Isuzu Discussion