'88 trooper interior light door switches ???

This forum is for the discussion of general Isuzu related information

Moderator: Staff

'88 trooper interior light door switches ???

Postby JAMES399 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:06 pm

My wife has an '88 Trooper. The wiring in her truck was a disaster, and over time I have completely rewired it under the hood. When I replaced the dashboard, I was able to repair a lot of the wiring problems inside the truck too. Now the dash lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, intermittent wipers, and heater blower motor all work. I fixed the interior light circuit, and installed LED bulbs. The lights work great, BUT only with the switch on the dash that I installed. I guess it never came with door switches for the interior lights, 'cause there aren't any switches in the doors or the jams, or even any holes for them.

Were any early model Troopers like ours equipped with door-operated interior lights ??? If anyone has one that does, can you post some pics showing the door switch locations (ours is a 2-door model)??? I would prefer to install switches in the jams, so that I won't have to run wiring into the doors. But I was wondering how the factory did it.

Thanks in advance.

- JAMES
JAMES399
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 4 times

Sponsor

Re: '88 trooper interior light door switches ???

Postby itsmehb » Thu May 18, 2017 5:34 pm

JAMES399 wrote:My wife has an '88 Trooper. The wiring in her truck was a disaster, and over time I have completely rewired it under the hood. When I replaced the dashboard, I was able to repair a lot of the wiring problems inside the truck too. Now the dash lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, intermittent wipers, and heater blower motor all work. I fixed the interior light circuit, and installed LED bulbs. The lights work great, BUT only with the switch on the dash that I installed. I guess it never came with door switches for the interior lights, 'cause there aren't any switches in the doors or the jams, or even any holes for them.

Were any early model Troopers like ours equipped with door-operated interior lights ??? If anyone has one that does, can you post some pics showing the door switch locations (ours is a 2-door model)??? I would prefer to install switches in the jams, so that I won't have to run wiring into the doors. But I was wondering how the factory did it.

Thanks in advance.

- JAMES

On my 89 I have switches on both front doors and on the large rear door. The picture is the passenger door switch. I got new switches from JLEMOND here on our web site I would think an 88 would be similiarly equipped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 Amigo, 2.3 5 speed (sold)
1991 Pick up (long gone)
2000 Amigo, 2.2 5 speed(sold)
1985 Trooper 1.9 4 speed (sent back to KS)
1989 Trooper RS 2.6 5 spd. Red

We get too soon old and too late smart!
itsmehb
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 210 times

Re: '88 trooper interior light door switches ???

Postby JAMES399 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Hey -- ITSME

Thanks for the reply. Our Trooper was sold in Colombia SA, and was sold as a Chevrolet. It is a 2-door model with a removable top. When you Google up "1988 Trooper" you don't see many of these models, but they are everywhere here. I have a service manual for it, but it's in Espanol, and even the Spanish speakers here can't figure it out. Can you give me a pic showing the actual location of the switch in the door jam ?? Also a photo of the switch on the rear door. It would help me a lot. If you look at the photo closely, you can see that I still have a lot to do to the wife's ride to get it to close to 100%. But all good things take time. Thanks again for your reply.

- JAMES
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JAMES399
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 4 times

Return to General Isuzu Discussion